PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED] Endless loop when indexing after installing 6.0.7 in Intellij 15.0.2

LarssaAndin
11 Jan 2016, 2:41 AM
I'm testing out the 6.0.7 release and unfortunately I'm running into issues. I have few sencha libraries in my project and when the plugin indexes these it runs into a loop.

Directly after finishing indexing a scan for files to index is done and new files are found to index...

I can probably remove some of the libraries, but I can't reduce it down to only one so I truly hope this will work again (it did in earlier versions of the plugin/intellij).

If you need some logs or some other details to reproduce the problem, please give instructions how to best provide this to you.

Mark.Brocato
11 Jan 2016, 4:59 PM
First, try just restarted IntelliJ and see if the problem goes away. If that doesn't work, you can find the main log file by going to Help... Show Log in Finder. Can you delete the log file, restart the IDE, and once it gets stuck during indexing, send me the log file via a private message?

Mark.Brocato
13 Jan 2016, 4:57 AM
Thanks for the report! I have opened a bug in our bug tracker.

Mark.Brocato
13 Jan 2016, 4:59 AM
For anyone else experiencing this, we've identified the cause (with help from Larssa), and a fix will be included in the next maintenance release: 6.0.8 some time soon.

jvandemerwe
13 Jan 2016, 6:21 AM
For anyone else experiencing this, we've identified the cause (with help from Larssa), and a fix will be included in the next maintenance release: 6.0.8 some time soon.

Does that mean that until that we have to stick with version 10.0.1 of PHPStorm?

Mark.Brocato
13 Jan 2016, 6:36 AM
I doubt many users will run into this as it was pretty difficult to replicate. So far the OP is only user who has reported it. I was able to replicate it by specifying a mixin without a class name. For example:

Ext.define('MyClass', {
mixins: {
someMixin: // no value here causes indexing loop
}
});

I would say give the new version a try. You'll know immediately if you run into this problem and you can always roll back. Other than that it seems pretty stable. I'm going to try and get a fix for this out by the end of next week.

svenna
14 Jan 2016, 10:49 PM
Having this issue on all my projects, so I'm coding without the plugin..
First you destroy architect and make us use a new plugin, now I'm been unable to use the plugin as well, long enough to change habits.

A stable dev environment as important for efficient coding, and the Sencha path is moving in the wrong direction. :(

Please stop creating new "early access" products and keep resources on the products you have.

pbienick
15 Jan 2016, 10:09 AM
I'm getting this as well, but not on all of my projects. I've disabled the plugin and will wait for the 6.0.8 fix.