PDA

View Full Version : Not working on mobile devices

llamerr
24 Mar 2016, 5:23 AM
This is what I see on dev tools emulator. It's also loading empty page in my 4.2.1 Android device.

mitchellsimoens
24 Mar 2016, 5:28 AM
The fiddle application itself is disabled on mobile phones. The code you run (or the saved fiddle) can be run outside of the fiddle application.

jvandemerwe
7 Apr 2016, 1:58 AM
I personally believe that a company that has their framework (ExtJS) promoted as being compatible for desktop and mobile, should have the fiddle working on both classic and modern platforms.

Most of the time when I check my email on my iPad and see that somebody responded on the forum and placed a fiddle, I have to go to my laptop and see it working.

llamerr
7 Apr 2016, 2:28 AM
I'm not sure about real iPad, but in chrome emulator it works fine - only phones was a problem for me.

mitchellsimoens
7 Apr 2016, 2:33 AM
Editing a fiddle on mobile would be a terrible experience. That's why it doesn't work on mobile, that's why I disabled it. This was on purpose, not a technical issue.

theotonge
17 Aug 2016, 5:37 AM
We have an issue we would like to create a ticket on, it only occurs on the modern toolkit from mobile devices.

To simplify the issue, and help support we are trying to create a cut down example within fiddle; we have created one but are unable to tell if it correctly demonstrates the issue, and does mean we cant easily link to the example.

We only need to be able to view the results of the fiddle on mobile - is there any way you can add this functionality even if you cant edit the fiddle (Which I agree would be horrible)

theotonge
17 Aug 2016, 5:40 AM
Immediately after creating this message I found the "Open outside of fiddle" on the share menu.

This works fine in mobiles and emulator mode

mitchellsimoens
17 Aug 2016, 5:45 AM
Yes, the fiddle app itself is disabled on a phone but you can still run a saved fiddle outside the fiddle app on a phone.

worthlutz
18 Nov 2016, 11:49 AM
Yes, the fiddle app itself is disabled on a phone but you can still run a saved fiddle outside the fiddle app on a phone.

How is this done on Fiddle 2?

mitchellsimoens
18 Nov 2016, 11:53 AM
How is this done on Fiddle 2?

atm it will always load the full app. Coding on a mobile phone will not be supported. I am thinking on detecting a mobile device and if the url has a fiddle id (so it will load a fiddle) then redirect to the preview mode where the fiddle can be run outside the Fiddle app else display a message.

worthlutz
18 Nov 2016, 12:06 PM
atm it will always load the full app. Coding on a mobile phone will not be supported. I am thinking on detecting a mobile device and if the url has a fiddle id (so it will load a fiddle) then redirect to the preview mode where the fiddle can be run outside the Fiddle app else display a message.

That is what I'm seeing but you cannot scroll to get to the search button. I can test a bit if I can get the preview area expanded. This app is not responsive :) I really would like to see it work on mobile. I could then edit on my desk top, save, refresh mobile for testing.

So consider that my request. :)

llamerr
18 Nov 2016, 12:22 PM
wow, Fiddle 2 is finally ready, too bad I'm leaving ExtJS soon, don't think will be able fully to check it.

worthlutz
18 Nov 2016, 12:40 PM
That is what I'm seeing but you cannot scroll to get to the search button. I can test a bit if I can get the preview area expanded. This app is not responsive :) I really would like to see it work on mobile. I could then edit on my desk top, save, refresh mobile for testing.

So consider that my request. :)

After playing more. try hiding the "file system" and "edit" areas on mobile and turning the right menu into a nav drawer with mobile options like "run" to rerun the fiddle and maybe search.

That is my revised request... :)

Thanks,