PDA

View Full Version : [OPEN] Needed artifacts from the dev build are missing. Would you like to run a development

gemmac
21 Apr 2016, 7:05 AM
Hi,

I get this message after checking any of the browsers in the Local Browsers list. When I click Yes I get a dialog titled 'Building' and a message saying "Running development build..." which just goes on forever.

Any ideas?

vojtech.cerveny
24 Apr 2016, 11:57 PM
Hi gemmac,
could you provide more information about your settings (OS, version of ExtJs and etc.)?

And can you look at folder of your app if development build is there? /yourApp/build/development should be present.
You can try delete it and folde .sencha/temp/yourApp (but create backup for both folders for sure;) ) and run your test again - maybe it is damaged and now you create new one.

Tip: Development build is necessary to testing unit test. If you need test your app, you can avoid this and check in settings scenario (property Launch applications). This doesn't need development build.

Feel free to contact me any time.
Vojt?ch

gemmac
28 Apr 2016, 2:20 AM
Hi,Thanks for your reply.

I'm finding it extremely difficult to perform the most basic of tasks with Sencha Test. We have a support contract with Ext (Fixnetix) and are considering purchasing this test tool but so far, it seems very flaky.Our application uses ext 5.1.1.451 and built using cmd 6.0.2.14.I managed to finally get something working...

Not entirely sure what i did, but some magic combination of builds, version downgrades, and just plain good luck. Now to try and write a simple test.... :-)

RgdsGemma

dongryphon
30 Apr 2016, 9:37 AM
Sorry to hear you are having issues using Sencha Test. I think I can shed some light on this case.

To suppress application launch (unchecking "Launch application" in the scenario config) the normal application page and manifest cannot be used. This is because they will launch the app.

To bypass app launch, Sencha Test performs a Development build that generates a separate HTML file and manifest json (sans app.js) and places them in .sencha/temp folder of the workspace. Normally app.js just launches the Application class by calling Ext.application() so removing it means that nothing happens other than loading the app code and test files.

If this approach does not work out, I'd recommend adding a query parameter like "?nolaunch" (see gist (https://gist.github.com/dongryphon/a2729696f3f52c3f9f4c1faa8425fcdf)) to the app.js code and then in the Location field of the scenario config. Also then leave the "Launch application" option checked to tell Sencha Test to launch in the normal way. In the gist I wrapped the nolaunch logic in //<debug> and //</debug> preprocessor tags so they get removed from a production build. That is up to you as maybe you would want to have the option even in production.

While Sencha Test does not require Cmd, it only supports interop with Cmd 6+ (current release is 6.1.2) so that probably explains some of the failures you experienced. Since this option requires a special build, it sounds like there should be better messages in place when Cmd 6+ is not available. I'll create a ticket to get that case handled more cleanly.

dongryphon
30 Apr 2016, 9:41 AM
I should also mention that the extra steps of creating new HTML/json files for a development build are only performed by Sencha Test, not Sencha Cmd. This can be triggered automatically as you've seen or manually using the context menu of the application node.