PDA

View Full Version : Sencha ExtJS plugin for webstorm causes the IDE to freeze up when opening large files

wpostma
1 Jun 2016, 10:37 AM
I am experiencing a freeze up of the WebStorm IDE, which I can work around by disabling the ExtJS Plugin.

For a sample of when this hits you, open a file such as yourApp/ext/build/ext-all-rtl-debug.js file which is over 200KLOC, and about 10 megs in size.

If the Sencha plugin is enabled, the IDE will sometimes freeze up for a long time when you open such a file in the editor. You could say "don't do that!" but the base IDE is smart enough to turn off the base JavaScript code completion and parsing features on such a mega-file. It seems to me to be a good idea if the ExtJS Plugin should do the same.

Even if clicking on that file was a mistake, freezing the IDE forever is NOT acceptable, and the only way to avoid this kind of fault that would (by accidentally clicking on a large file) freeze the IDE is to disable the plugin somehow when the active tab file is too large.

Somewhere in that plugin, it is possible you're doing something on the main thread that you absolutely should not be doing on the main thread and blocking thread zero. Can someone investigate and find out if the IDE plugin can be improved?

Warren