PDA

View Full Version : Using themer on custom Ext JS components

wadhahjebri
13 Jun 2016, 11:51 PM
Hi,

I'am working with sencha Themer, I would like to ask some questions:
1- When we I apply a theme to app I would like to personalize some components for example, I have two grids and each one of them has its own style .

2- Can we integrate our custom Ext JS components within Themer toolbox in order to apply a custom style?

Thank you in advance.

Mark.Brocato
14 Jun 2016, 7:06 AM
The private EA release of Themer does not support custom components. We plan to address this in the future by allowing you create UIs within Themer. In case you're unaware, the Ext JS SASS api comes with several mixins that allow you to created named styles for specific components. In the case of panels it would be http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/6.2.0-classic/Ext.grid.Panel.html#css_mixin-extjs-panel-ui.

Once UIs are supported within themer, you would be able to create separate UIs for your two grids and apply them by name with something like:

Ext.create('Ext.grid.Panel', {
ui: 'grid1'
});
Ext.create('Ext.grid.Panel', {
ui: 'grid2'
});

Do you also plan to make your custom components themeable by defining SASS variables for them the same way that Sencha does for components in the SDK?

wadhahjebri
15 Jun 2016, 11:58 PM
Thank you for your answer,
Actually we would like to use Sencha SDK and for advanced component style that may not be generated via SDK we will use CSS.

bholyoak
17 Aug 2016, 6:48 AM
If you put in support for UIs, I will bow down.

Seriously though, this product is something I have been waiting for for a very long long time. I have been a longtime ExtJS fan, but it's hard to deny that theming has been the very most frustrating, inflexible, and time consuming part of building ExtJS apps. It has been my biggest gripe, but this promises to eliminate that altogether.

Kudos, this is amazing and very exciting stuff! =D>