PDA

View Full Version : Tabs In the API Documentation

Trevor4001
22 Jun 2016, 9:00 AM
Myself and others would greatly appreciate tabs be re-added to the Ext JS 5 and 6+ API documentation. We found the ability to search and immediately open a new tab for a selected result extremely useful and increased our efficiency.

http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/6.0.2-classic/index.html

In Memory of

Tabs

R.I.P.

nohuhu
22 Jun 2016, 10:24 AM
What happened to the browser tabs in your favorite browser?

Trevor4001
22 Jun 2016, 10:53 AM
What happened to the browser tabs in your favorite browser?

I can have a lot of browser tabs and a lot of API tabs open at one time. I prefer the hierarchical organization provided by removing Ext JS documentation specific clutter from the browser UI and focusing on it within a single browser tab. I also find the browser and the Ext JS documentation tabs more accessible than multiple OS windows. In addition, I prefer opening search results in a tab by default because I do a lot of comparing and revisiting.

Thanks for your question. I expected someone might ask about the browser tabs.

nohuhu
22 Jun 2016, 11:00 AM
I can have a lot of browser tabs and a lot of API tabs open at one time.

I do too; keeping a separate Chrome instance just for the docs works for me. I even assigned it a different icon so that it stands out in the Dock.

I prefer the hierarchical organization provided by removing Ext JS documentation specific clutter from the browser UI and focusing on it within a single browser tab.

I understand where you're coming from but changes to the API docs are outside of my control, so the above is just a suggestion.

Also, every change breaks someone's workflow (https://xkcd.com/1172/).

Trevor4001
24 Jun 2016, 6:31 AM
I do too; keeping a separate Chrome instance just for the docs works for me. I even assigned it a different icon so that it stands out in the Dock.

I'll have to give that a try.

I understand this can't work best for everyone, but I thought I'd give it a swing. Thanks.