PDA

View Full Version : how can i switch the tabpage by a button or link in the html page

emmi
5 Apr 2008, 5:38 AM
hi,

if this is a boring questing sorry, i am a little beginner.

i want to use the tabpage which includes a html-site with "autoLoad".

how can i access to the javascript Ext object to switch the tab by using
setActiveTab()?

what i want to do: i want to have a large formular into seperate sites(tabs).
after the user has filled the form, the data must be stored by pressing a button.
after this the tab should automatically switch to the next one.

thanks a lot for your help

best regards
emmi

mjlecomte
5 Apr 2008, 8:33 AM
I don't particularly understand your situation, but have you looked at the source code for the demo examples which switch tabs, add tabs, etc.?

For help beyond that, you may need to post some of your code and describe where you are running into problems.

emmi
5 Apr 2008, 9:35 AM
difficult to describe. i have looked to the samples and i have shown to the api-description.
but i didn't find any example with that what i like to do.

perhaps my decription was not the best. what i want to do is a kind of wizard.
after somebody has filled out the form at the first tab, the data should be stored and
the second tab should be displayed.

perhaps my knowledge of java script is not the best :-)

is it possible to call the Ext-Api from the html file by using <a href='javascript:....'>test</a>
for example?

mjlecomte
5 Apr 2008, 1:13 PM
There are various ways to do what you describe. I wouldn't think about the 'old' way of doing thing via html though. Basically with ext you should be able to serve up one html page and then do just about anything you can imagine from that one page, never going to a "new" page.

I don't know if you need "tabs" or just "windows" that show up with forms and then another window is shown, or maybe you want to show in a different region or tabbed panel.

Suggest you look at the individual widgets first. Learn how to do forms, then look at the various layouts including complex layout, tabbed layouts, portals, etc. Don't get too bogged down with the big picture until you understand some of the smaller features/ components. Play around in the demo area and you'll see what I mean.