PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED] Generating css style sheet failed

marc.fearby
18 Sep 2016, 4:25 PM
I'm using the latest version of Architect and now my existing neptune theme, which has compiled fine for years, no longer works. the colours have gone a bit haywire so I'm having to re-set some variables myself, but now it won't even generate the style sheet. The Log in Architect just says "Generating css style sheet failed". I don't see anything meaningful in the Output tab, either:

"C:/Users/mfearby/bin\Sencha\Architect\Cmd/6.2.0.103/sencha" fashion "C:/Users/mfearby/AppData/Local/Sencha/Sencha Architect 4.0/extracted/ext60-compile/build/classic/theme-neptune/theme-neptune-all-rtl-debug.scss" "C:/Users/mfearby/AppData/Local/Sencha/Sencha Architect 4.0/extracted/ext60-compile/build/classic/theme-neptune/css/all.css"
[INF] Detected change to SASS entry: C:\PROJECTS\ENS\trunk\SenchaArchitect\packages\local\theme-neptune-5ebe4988-eb41-4797-a298-51fb4f08b03b\sass\var\Component.scss
[INF] Detected change to SASS entry: C:\PROJECTS\ENS\trunk\SenchaArchitect\packages\local\theme-neptune-5ebe4988-eb41-4797-a298-51fb4f08b03b\sass\var\Component.scss
[INF] Detected change to SASS entry: C:\PROJECTS\ENS\trunk\SenchaArchitect\packages\local\theme-neptune-5ebe4988-eb41-4797-a298-51fb4f08b03b\sass\src\Component.scss

C:\Program Files\Sencha\Sencha Architect 4.0.0>"C:/Users/mfearby/bin\Sencha\Architect\Cmd/6.2.0.103/sencha" fashion "C:/Users/mfearby/AppData/Local/Sencha/Sencha Architect 4.0/extracted/ext60-compile/build/classic/theme-neptune/theme-neptune-all-rtl-debug.scss" "C:/Users/mfearby/AppData/Local/Sencha/Sencha Architect 4.0/extracted/ext60-compile/build/classic/theme-neptune/css/all.css"
[INF] -----------------------
Sencha Cmd v6.2.0.103
[INF] Appending content to C:\PROJECTS\ENS\trunk\SenchaArchitect\bootstrap.js
[INF] Writing content to C:\PROJECTS\ENS\trunk\SenchaArchitect\bootstrap.json
[INF] merging 219 input resources into C:\PROJECTS\ENS\trunk\SenchaArchitect\build\development\App\resources
[INF] merged 0 resources into C:\PROJECTS\ENS\trunk\SenchaArchitect\build\development\App\resources
[INF] merging 47 input resources into C:\PROJECTS\ENS\trunk\SenchaArchitect\build\development\App
[INF] merged 0 resources into C:\PROJECTS\ENS\trunk\SenchaArchitect\build\development\App
[INF] Writing content to C:\PROJECTS\ENS\trunk\SenchaArchitect\sass\example\bootstrap.json
[INF] Writing content to C:\PROJECTS\ENS\trunk\SenchaArchitect\sass\example\bootstrap.js
[INF] writing sass content to C:\PROJECTS\ENS\trunk\SenchaArchitect\build\temp\development\App\sass\App-all.scss.tmp
[INF] appending sass content to C:\PROJECTS\ENS\trunk\SenchaArchitect\build\temp\development\App\sass\App-all.scss.tmp
[INF] appending sass content to C:\PROJECTS\ENS\trunk\SenchaArchitect\build\temp\development\App\sass\App-all.scss.tmp
[INF] Writing content to C:\PROJECTS\ENS\trunk\SenchaArchitect\build\development\App\app.json
[LOG] Building C:/Users/mfearby/AppData/Local/Sencha/Sencha Architect 4.0/extracted/ext60-compile/build/classic/theme-neptune/theme-neptune-all-rtl-debug.scss
[LOG] Building C:/PROJECTS/ENS/trunk/SenchaArchitect/build/temp/development/App/sass/App-all.scss
Exiting with code 0

Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Xmx1024M
Exiting with code 0
[INF] Appending content to C:\PROJECTS\ENS\trunk\SenchaArchitect\bootstrap.js
[INF] Writing content to C:\PROJECTS\ENS\trunk\SenchaArchitect\bootstrap.json
[INF] Refresh complete in 10 sec. at 10:20:49 AM
[INF] -----------------------
[INF] Waiting for changes...

Here's my Architect version:

version:

channel:
4.0-stable

platform:
1.2.3.16 - win32 x64

cmd:

framework:
Ext JS 6.0.x Classic

petr.felzmann
19 Sep 2016, 5:21 AM
Could you open your command line and run this command, please?

"C:/Users/mfearby/bin\Sencha\Architect\Cmd/6.2.0.103/sencha" fashion "C:/Users/mfearby/AppData/Local/Sencha/Sencha Architect 4.0/extracted/ext60-compile/build/classic/theme-neptune/theme-neptune-all-rtl-debug.scss" "C:/Users/mfearby/AppData/Local/Sencha/Sencha Architect 4.0/extracted/ext60-compile/build/classic/theme-neptune/css/all.css"

Is there any log output in the console? Does the file exist? C:/Users/mfearby/AppData/Local/Sencha/Sencha Architect 4.0/extracted/ext60-compile/build/classic/theme-neptune/css/all.css

marc.fearby
19 Sep 2016, 3:29 PM
Here is the console output (I've since tried upgrading the project to 6.2 in the hope that this problem might resolve itself, to no avail; so to go moving the goal posts but I was desperate to try to solve it and figured I may as well go to 6.2 for this new project anyway):

C:\PROJECTS\ENS\trunk\SenchaArchitect>"C:/Users/mfearby/bin\Sencha\Architect\Cmd
/6.2.0.103/sencha" fashion "C:/Users/mfearby/AppData/Local/Sencha/Sencha Archite
ct 4.0/extracted/ext60-compile/build/classic/theme-neptune/theme-neptune-all-rtl
-debug.scss" "C:/Users/mfearby/AppData/Local/Sencha/Sencha Architect 4.0/extract
ed/ext60-compile/build/classic/theme-neptune/css/all.css"
Wat!
configFile: C:\Users\mfearby\bin\Sencha\Architect\Cmd\6.2.0.103\sencha.cfg
Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Xmx2048M
Sencha Cmd v6.2.0.103
[LOG] Building C:/Users/mfearby/AppData/Local/Sencha/Sencha Architect 4.0/extrac
ted/ext60-compile/build/classic/theme-neptune/theme-neptune-all-rtl-debug.scss
Exiting with code 0

C:\PROJECTS\ENS\trunk\SenchaArchitect>

This file does exist after running the command above and has a time-stamp of a couple of minutes ago:

C:\Users\mfearby\AppData\Local\Sencha\Sencha Architect 4.0\extracted\ext60-compile\build\classic\theme-neptune\css\all.css

In fact, I also thought I'd try the Triton theme and the original problem now seems to have gone. I have other problems, but this one has probably been fixed :-) Thanks.

petr.felzmann
22 Sep 2016, 4:52 AM
This bug is fixed and will be released in 4.0.2 (soon after upcoming 4.0.1). But there is one more step required the fix is working: you have to delete the folder C:\Users\mfearby\AppData\Local\Sencha\Sencha Architect 4.0\extracted and restart SA (the start will be slower due to recreating that folder).

marc.fearby
22 Sep 2016, 2:18 PM
Thanks Petr. I'll flag this for follow-up and do it when 4.0.2 is released.

marc.fearby
6 Oct 2016, 6:11 PM
I've followed your advice and deleted the folder, which 4.0.2 recreated. In any event, I switched to Triton so I'm sure the problem was fixed when I did that. Thanks.