PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED] SA Filter Configs checkbox does not hold its value when switching between components.

mazhar.shaikh
16 Oct 2016, 3:26 PM
Hi,

This bug is being hanging around since Architect version 3. Couldnt find anything raised for it already so raising one now.

In SA, on top of the Config panel there is a checkbox to lock/filter configs that are currently applied to the selected View Component. This works if you select a component and check the box.
However having that as still checked and switching to some other component displays all configs for that component rather than only showing ones that are currently applied. Unless you untick and then tick again.

This gets really frustrating when working on same config for multiple components like for eg: setting specific width to a bunch of columns. Have to repeat the process of Unchecking and Checking the box or pressing CTRL + E to trigger the filters.

Following is screenshot of the box that I am talking about:

Below is my version details:

Sencha Architect

version:

channel:
4.0-stable

platform:
1.2.3.16 - win32 x64

cmd:

framework:
Ext JS 6.2.x Classic

Thanks

petr.vecera
17 Oct 2016, 1:49 AM
Thanks for the report! I have opened a bug in our bug tracker.

petr.vecera
20 Oct 2016, 3:07 AM
You have to have the little lock button enabled for the filter to be applied all the time.
But we need to change it - it's really confusing.

mazhar.shaikh
20 Oct 2016, 12:30 PM
Thats right. Having the lock does the job, but thats not the purpose of the lock. Whats failing is the "checkbox" that will need fixing.

petr.vecera
20 Oct 2016, 12:54 PM
Thats right. Having the lock does the job, but thats not the purpose of the lock. Whats failing is the "checkbox" that will need fixing.
The tooltip for the lock button says "Apply filter for all selected components"
The tooltip for the checkbox says "Check to display only modified configs"

The filter consists of two parts checkbox + search window. So if you want for the checkbox to work on every component the lock button has to be enabled. I know it's not very intuitive. :-?

mazhar.shaikh
20 Oct 2016, 1:17 PM
"Check to display only modified configs":-?

Probably! But that statement there is what I mean doesnt do its job. And I am very sure in some previous version of SA, it was working and thats how I picked it up when it stopped working, because thats a real time saver.

As for the
"Apply filter for all selected components" this can be used a workaround, however IMO not solution.

Actually by the end of this sentence I agree its not very intuitive8-|

petr.vecera
24 Oct 2016, 5:26 AM
This gets really frustrating when working on same config for multiple components like for eg: setting specific width to a bunch of columns. Have to repeat the process of Unchecking and Checking the box or pressing CTRL + E to trigger the filters.

I was reading your post again and noticed this. Just in case, do you know that you can change the values of the configs directly from the config field?

Just type: width: 50 [enter] and it will update the config, or just w: 80 it will find the first config and update it. It's really fast way to set-up multiple components with the same config. You can see all the features when you right click on the input field and select help.

mazhar.shaikh
24 Oct 2016, 12:53 PM
Thats interesting! Didnt know that. Thanks for that.