PDA

View Full Version : Documentation site not working



agarberi
9 Nov 2016, 1:47 AM
Hello since yesterday the documentation website is not working: the browser shows empty pages (and errors in console) because all the files are truncated by your web server.
The same is for both online documentation (HTML files are truncated) and offline documentation (ZIP files are truncated too).

Gary Schlosberg
9 Nov 2016, 6:46 AM
Thanks for letting us know. I'm not seeing this behavior -- is the problem intermittent? Can you post a link to a page which isn't loading?

agarberi
9 Nov 2016, 7:41 AM
It was intermittent yesterday, but today it is constant.
I tried with 3 different PCs and with different browsers (Google Chrome, Firefox, IE) using Windows 7 64-bit.
Note that I have no troubles with other websites or downloads.
I'm connected from Italy.

Sample links:
http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/6.0.2/classic/Ext.util.Format.html#method-round
http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/6.0.2/modern/Ext.html
http://docs.sencha.com/downloads/extjs-602-docs.zip

Gary Schlosberg
9 Nov 2016, 3:54 PM
All three links worked for me. Are you seeing any messages/errors in the console? Does the download stop part way? What do the doc pages look like when they fail (partial load, white screen, etc)?

agarberi
10 Nov 2016, 2:44 AM
This is what I get in Chrome console:


2016-11-09 18:50:44.988 Ext.util.Format.html#method-round:1 GET http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/6.0.2/classic/Ext.util.Format.html net::ERR_CONTENT_LENGTH_MISMATCH
2016-11-09 18:50:45.283 VM176 Ext.util.Format.html:103 GET http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/6.0.2/js/ace.js net::ERR_CONTENT_LENGTH_MISMATCH


If I open "Fiddler Web Debugger" to analyze web traffic, I get a warning of "Protocol Violation" containing this text:


19 Content-Length mismatch: Response Header indicated 641.724 bytes, but server sent 326.483 bytes.
15 Content-Length mismatch: Response Header indicated 1.360.122 bytes, but server sent 1.157.766 bytes.


Analyzing the Response Text (again with Fiddler) the files correctly contain respectively HTML (Ext.util.Format.html) and JS (ace.js), but they are truncated at a random character.

The output I see in the browser is random: a white page or a partial page (it depends on where the files are truncated).

Gary Schlosberg
10 Nov 2016, 3:09 PM
Thanks. We're currently investigating these timeouts and appreciate your patience while we get things restored.

agarberi
14 Nov 2016, 2:43 AM
Hello,
today it seems to work correctly!

Thanks

Gary Schlosberg
14 Nov 2016, 9:03 AM
Excellent. I believe that we are still working some issues out, but it looks like content has been restored until the ultimate fix can be made.

mitchellsimoens
16 Nov 2016, 4:51 AM
The issue that brought the docs site down was solved. A bit more info was that we have been creating so much new content that we simply ran out of disk space and an attempt to deploy failed which brought things down. Short term fix was obviously to allocate more space. Long term fix will be a bit of rearchitecting things to use a more elastic file system (that was a hint if you wanted to know what we likely will do).