PDA

View Full Version : Extension not working

seg
9 Nov 2016, 2:18 AM
Hi,

I've just installed the extension, first from the extensions menu and second from the terminal console. Although it says installation was successful, none of the Extjs menu commands work, such as "Edit ExtJS plugin configuration", "New Ext JS Class" etc. The error I get is "command 'extension.vscode-extjs.xxx' not found". Also the "Go to definition" action does not work.
I have installed the latest VS Code version: 1.7.1 on Microsoft windows.

Thanks,

Rob

geek0r
9 Nov 2016, 5:43 AM
Same here... Nothing is working. Always gettings things like "command 'extension.vscode-extjs.startAppWatch' not found". Go to defintion does not work, too. Running Code 1.7.1.

sandeep.adwankar
10 Nov 2016, 1:39 PM
Hi!

Thanks for downloading VS Code plugin. Can you please open Command Palette in VS Code with command
cmd+shift+p on Mac or ctrl+shift+p on windows
Select "Show Ext JS Plugin Log File"
Please see the log file for any issue. Please post the log file here, so we can help you with issue. Thx!

seg
11 Nov 2016, 12:05 AM
Tried this, but also this showLogs command does not work I get the same error: "command 'extension.vscode-extjs.showLogs' not found". Where can I find the log file on disk?

geek0r
11 Nov 2016, 1:13 AM
Jupp... Same here "command 'extension.vscode-extjs.showLogs' not found".

geek0r
11 Nov 2016, 1:17 AM
Ah found a logfile within "C:\Users\geek0r\AppData\Local\Sencha\VSCode" ...

Only entry is:
"2016-11-11T09:08:10.876Z - info: tern executable path :C:\Users\geek0r\.vscode\extensions\Sencha.vscode-extjs-1.0.0\tern\win32\tern-win32"

seg
11 Nov 2016, 1:23 AM
Thanks geek0r, my log also show only one entry:

2016-11-11T08:01:51.144Z - info: tern executable path : C:\Users\Rob\.vscode\extensions\Sencha.vscode-extjs-1.0.0\tern\win32\tern-win32

sandeep.adwankar
11 Nov 2016, 1:16 PM
What is your windows version?
On my Windows 10, I see long log starting with this
2016-11-11T16:59:30.230Z - info: tern executable path : C:\Users\adwan\.vscode\extensions\Sencha.vscode-extjs-1.0.0\tern\win32\tern-win32
2016-11-11T16:59:30.261Z - info: tern executable permission granted
2016-11-11T16:59:32.730Z - info: [tern output] - environment: unknown (tern v233)
2016-11-11T16:59:32.914Z - info: [tern output] - found config.json at c:\Users\adwan\Documents\vscode\projects\2\.sencha\ide\config.json
contents:
{}
include [ 'C:\\Users\\adwan\\Documents\\vscode\\projects\\2' ]

seg
12 Nov 2016, 10:17 AM
OS is windows 7 64 bit.

riteshatsencha
12 Nov 2016, 4:32 PM
@seg are you able to run the following command through command prompt? Let us know the results.

icacls "C:\Users\Rob\.vscode\extensions\Sencha.vscode-extjs-1.0.0\tern\win32\tern-win32.exe" /grant Everyone:F

Thanks

geek0r
13 Nov 2016, 11:55 PM
I tried it on Win 10 x64 and Windows Server 2008 R2 x64. Same problems on each machine ...

AlexanderDrackaProfiq
14 Nov 2016, 5:41 AM
Hi,

I've just installed the extension, first from the extensions menu and second from the terminal console. Although it says installation was successful, none of the Extjs menu commands work, such as "Edit ExtJS plugin configuration", "New Ext JS Class" etc. The error I get is "command 'extension.vscode-extjs.xxx' not found". Also the "Go to definition" action does not work.
I have installed the latest VS Code version: 1.7.1 on Microsoft windows.

Thanks,

Rob

Hi geek0r
I am sorry for inconvenience. In my Windows 7 (x64) everything works fine. I would like to ask you few questions.
Could you try to create a new Ext JS application? (Open empty folder in VS Code, right click New Ext JS Classic App, wait while generation and indexing finished and try invoke Code Completion).
Do you have Sencha Cmd installed? (missing CMD causing issues with Code complition and Code navigation)
This issue (command not found) happened to me if my project was not indexed. But I never see this while I was creating application (Classic, Modern or Unviersal).

seg
14 Nov 2016, 6:00 AM
Hi,

I've just tried to create a new Ext JS application in VS Code, but get the same error: "command 'extension.vscode-extjs.createClassicApp' not found". So it seams not one of the commands work, I've got the latest sencha command installed and it works fine from the command prompt.

Thanks,

Rob

riteshatsencha
14 Nov 2016, 11:31 AM
@geek0r see if you can run the command below at the prompt. Let us know with the results. To me it sounds like a permission issue.

icacls "C:\Users\geek0r\.vscode\extensions\Sencha.vscode-extjs-1.0.0\tern\win32\tern-win32.exe" /grant Everyone:F

seg
14 Nov 2016, 12:12 PM
Hi, by the way, my name is Rob and I started this thread.

Running this command from the prompt, with administrator rights, I get the following error: No mapping between account names and security IDs was done.

riteshatsencha
14 Nov 2016, 12:52 PM
Rob,

Are you running the command from PowerShell or Command Prompt? If using PowerShell, would you please try to run it from command prompt? Not sure how quotes are handled in PowerShell. Or you could use PowerShell escape sequence: --%.

Would like to see if the permissions are successfully applied through this command. Once that happens it should allow you to run the plugin through VSCode.

Thx

seg
14 Nov 2016, 1:22 PM
I did run it from the command prompt with administratior rights and got the error mentioned in my previous thread.

riteshatsencha
14 Nov 2016, 1:35 PM
@geek0r see if you can run the command below at the prompt. Let us know with the results. To me it sounds like a permission issue.

icacls "C:\Users\geek0r\.vscode\extensions\Sencha.vscode-extjs-1.0.0\tern\win32\tern-win32.exe" /grant Everyone:F

Rob,

See if you can run the same command with domain or PC name appended to it as below. Replace word "DOMAIN" with the actual domain or PC name. Might have to try it with your user name instead of Everyone.

icacls "C:\Users\geek0r\.vscode\extensions\Sencha.vscode-extjs-1.0.0\tern\win32\tern-win32.exe" /grant DOMAIN\Everyone:F

Thx

riteshatsencha
14 Nov 2016, 1:40 PM
Rob,

See if you can append DOMAIN or PC Name to the command as below.

icacls "C:\Users\geek0r\.vscode\extensions\Sencha.vscode-extjs-1.0.0\tern\win32\tern-win32.exe" /grant DOMAIN\Everyone:F

Replace the word DOMAIN with the actual domain name or PC name. If that doesn't work then try it with DOMAIN\username instead of Everyone.

Let us know.

Thx

seg
14 Nov 2016, 11:55 PM
This icacls command works it says that one file has been processed, but it doesn't solve the extension problems in VS code I still get the command '...' not found errors.

geek0r
15 Nov 2016, 1:21 AM
Running icalcs didn't change anything. When I execute tern-win32.exe directly the following output is given:

environment: unknown (tern v233)
found config.json at C:\Users\geek0r\.vscode\extensions\Sencha.vscode-extjs-1.0.0\tern\win32\.sencha\ide\config.jsoncontents:{}
include [
'C:\\Users\\geek0r\\.vscode\\extensions\\Sencha.vscode-extjs-1.0.0\\tern\\win32' ]
contents after postprocessing:{
"include": [
"C:\\Users\\geek0r\\.vscode\\extensions\\Sencha.vscode-extjs-1.0.0\\tern\\win32"
],
"apps": [],
"exclude": []}
Found apps: []
loading 0 js files in project...project loaded in 0 seconds
wrote indexes
Listening on port 56636

So imho no security or access problem. I guess the extension needs some work to actually work with vscode ...

riteshatsencha
15 Nov 2016, 4:47 AM
Rob,

As per your comments earlier, I understand logs at your end did not produce any output except a one liner "2016-11-11T09:08:10.876Z - info: tern executable path :C:\Users\geek0r\.vscode\extensions\Sencha.vscode-extjs-1.0.0\tern\win32\tern-win32".

After running the command I see the log being appended by additional output. Which tells me that after running the command indexing engine was given proper permissions to index your workspace.

Usually, once the permissions are set, it could be as simple as allowing a time for the plugin to index your workspace. When you open VSCode, do you see a counter on the left side of the status bar reaching 100%? Once the workspace is indexed you should be able to run the commands. If you try to execute commands before the project is indexed, then you might see "command not found" errors just because the plugin is not stabilized upon the startup.

Please let us know.

Thx

riteshatsencha
15 Nov 2016, 9:48 AM
Rob,

Are you able to use the plugin after correcting the permissions? Is it all good? If so please let us know so we can close the ticket. Otherwise let us know what errors are you seeing and we will try our best to resolve it.

Thank you

seg
16 Nov 2016, 12:42 AM
Nope, still only one entry in the log file and all the commands are returning the not found error.

seg
16 Nov 2016, 12:51 AM
Just did a reinstall, but still nothing works and only one entry in the log file.

riteshatsencha
16 Nov 2016, 5:24 AM
Rob,

Could you please tell me what you see from under "security" tab of the file (under tern folder) when you right click on it? I'd like to see who is listed and what type of permissions they have. Do you see "Everyone" listed in that tab? Attached is what I have on my windows machine.

I completely understand the frustration, but we haven't had this issue and we can not reproduce this issue at our end.

Thank you

peters.eric
16 Nov 2016, 5:35 AM
Same problem here.

Windows 7 Prof. 64-Bit,
Visual Studio Code 1.7.1.
Sencha Cmd 5.1.3.61

Project created by Sencha cmd

riteshatsencha
16 Nov 2016, 5:41 AM
Eric,

Please find the tern executable from under .vscode\extensions\...\tern\... Right click on the file and let us know what you see under security tab. You may post the image of that tab. We'd like to see who has permissions to run the executable. In the post above is what I have on my windows machine.

Thank you

peters.eric
16 Nov 2016, 5:48 AM
Here is the image:

I also tried to add permissions for everyone using icacls but there I get an error message although the command shell is running as administrator. Then I tried to add the permissions manually in the dialog. This was possible, but the result in Visual Code was the same. Note: I removed the permissions for everyone again.

geek0r
16 Nov 2016, 5:51 AM
@riteshatsencha I'm not willing to post this screenshot of that tab as it includes sensitive information...

I can confirm that the "everyone"-principle has "full control" of that folder and the executable (why is this even necessary!?). But the extension is not working ... command 'extension.vscode-extjs.createUniversalApp' not found

I tried running "As Administrator ..." to acquire more permissions. Same errors ...

seg
16 Nov 2016, 6:08 AM
The tern folder on my system doesn't have the group Everyone listed and when I've added it myself with full control permissons, I still get the command not found errors.

Mark.Brocato
16 Nov 2016, 7:20 AM
Hey all,

We've got a build that may solve this issue. It uses a different strategy for running the code completion service that may be more windows-friendly. I'm working on getting nightly builds in the support portal. In the meantime, if anyone is willing to help out and try this new build, PM me your email address and I'll send it to you.

seg
16 Nov 2016, 10:09 AM
Yes! This one works, I can build a new app and it works also on an existing ExtJS 6.0.2 classic app.

Mark.Brocato
16 Nov 2016, 10:15 AM
Sweet! Can you also confirm that you see completions, for example, for configs? It should look like the following, with a wrench icon next to each config:

seg
16 Nov 2016, 10:23 AM
Yes, code completion works also, very nice.

kolka
17 Nov 2016, 1:57 AM
All of the problems described above are present on my computer.
Rights win32.ehe tern-file are given maximum priority.
However, nothing works.
Repeats all user errors described @seg.

Windows 7 Prof. 64-Bit
Visual Studio Code 1.7.1
Sencha Cmd 6.2.0.103

kolka
17 Nov 2016, 2:03 AM
Screenshot - the right to tern-win32.exe file

kolka
17 Nov 2016, 2:05 AM
All of the problems described above are present on my computer.
Rights win32.ehe tern-file are given maximum priority.
However, nothing works.
Repeats all user errors described @seg.

Windows 7 Prof. 64-Bit
Visual Studio Code 1.7.1
Sencha Cmd 6.2.0.103

riteshatsencha
18 Nov 2016, 6:37 AM
@kolko, Please PM me your email address and we will send you the nightly build. These issues are fixed with the nightly build. We are working on making the nightly build available through the support portal.

Thx

Mark.Brocato
18 Nov 2016, 1:50 PM
Nightly builds of the VS Code plugin are now available on the support portal. I highly encourage everyone experiencing issues on windows to try the nightly and post the results in this thread. Thank you everyone!

geek0r
23 Nov 2016, 4:28 AM
So finally I can confirm that the nightly is working :)