PDA

View Full Version : Visual studio code plugin early access

bogdica21
14 Nov 2016, 5:11 AM
Hello,

I installed the visual studio code plugin. I hit reload in the visual stodio code (after the plugin was installed), i even restarted visual studio code. It says in my extensions that the extJs 1.0.0 is installed.
I tried this with both a new .js file and one of my projects file and i don't seem to understand how the plugin helps me.
Except the Ext.c(ctrl+space) and gives me create, it doesn't really know how to do any code-completion.
The only things that pop in the code completion menu are my own var's and functions.
For example i have this:

var panel = Ext.create('Ext.Panel', {some config here});

When i try to do panel.(ctrl+space) i don't get anything from the Ext.Panel class(like setTitle).
So i am very curious to know if there is something else that i should do because right now the plugin doesn't do code completion for any Ext class(no properties, no methods).

Thanks in advance,

Mark.Brocato
15 Nov 2016, 9:10 AM
Was your app created with Cmd originally (or more importantly does it follow the usual cmd structure)? If not, you'll need to edit the plugin configuration and add the path to the SDK to the include array. This is available via "Edit Ext JS Plugin Configuration" in the command palette.

bogdica21
16 Nov 2016, 3:23 AM
I marked your answer as the best.
The problem was that i had an external script from the workspace that was generating some components and i thought it will know how to bring up the properties.
As soon as i got in a view from my app it showed all the properties that were available.
Sorry, thought i can use the intellisense in imported scripts too, not just in the app files.