PDA

View Full Version : Auto / Iterative reindexing

ltrouillet
15 Nov 2016, 6:57 AM
Hi,

Thanks a lot for making that plugin available ! For what I saw, it's a really great tool and may save a lot of a time :)

I was wondering if there was any way to force an iterative reindexing of ExtJs classes in the current open project ?
For example, after opening VSCode, the indexing is done, and I can access ViewController's methods in my views to create handlers on button etc... But if I create a new method in the viewController, without restarting VSCode, then intelliSense isn't able to retrieve that new method, it is available only after restarting VSCode.

Hope I made myself clear enough, and very well done on that product, hope it will keep getting more and more efficient ! ;)

Mark.Brocato
15 Nov 2016, 9:04 AM
It should automatically reindex as you save files. Any chance you weren't saving the file before getting code completions? If you were, what OS/version are you running?

ltrouillet
15 Nov 2016, 10:05 AM
If you were, what OS/version are you running? Hi Mark! You made me doubt :) but yes I saved the file. I am running an ArchLinux x86-64. Code is version 1.7.1.

Mark.Brocato
15 Nov 2016, 12:18 PM
Linux isn't fully supported by the EA release. Node seems to have issues watching large numbers of files on linux. You might be able to fix that by following the instructions here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5774090/node-hit-max-file-limit

ltrouillet
16 Nov 2016, 12:28 AM
I raised the limit to 65535 files, but it doesn't work neither.

I checked the extension log file for my project saying that it loaded 2900 files when VSCode started, so 65535 should be sufficient I guess.
But it is no big deal, it is an EA so I can wait the GA to see if this is fixed for Linux.
No worries ;)

Thanks

[EDIT] Actually it is working if I add a new store inside a viewModel, save the file and Ctrl+Space inside a bind: { store: '' } property in the child view, but it is not with ViewController methods that I would want to assign to handlers.