PDA

View Full Version : Fiddle 2.0 Upgrade? Preview not working?

sirwesley
15 Nov 2016, 7:36 AM
Has fiddle been upgraded to 2.0? I don't see any mention of it anywhere. However, today when I login to my fiddles, I'm presented with a new interface.

Looks pretty, however, I can't get any output to show in the preview window.

How can we use the old version so I can see the expected results?

Where is the option to select Nightly builds?

Example Fiddle: https://fiddle.sencha.com/#fiddle/1jna|view/editor

Error: Uncaught Error: [Ext.getBody] document.body does not yet exist(…)

Best Regards,
Wesley

mitchellsimoens
15 Nov 2016, 7:44 AM
The DNS switch to Fiddle 2 just took place so depending on the servers between you and Fiddle there may be a little resolution issue. Fiddle 1 DNS did have an hour TTL which was higher than our other properties which exasterbates the resolution issue. Currently, I'm able to run a fiddle with Fiddle 2 just fine.

sirwesley
15 Nov 2016, 7:46 AM
Just edited my post with an example.

Getting Error in Console: ext-all-debug.js:39105 Uncaught Error: [Ext.getBody] document.body does not yet exist(…)

mitchellsimoens
15 Nov 2016, 7:50 AM
Got a link to a saved fiddle or code to reproduce? Sounds like your code isn't wrapped in Ext.application or Ext.onReady.

sirwesley
15 Nov 2016, 7:52 AM
Trying these Fiddles from yesterday, that were working...

https://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?331188-CheckItem-Bind-for-checked-does-not-work

mitchellsimoens
15 Nov 2016, 7:53 AM
Ok, that'd be considered a bug. There is code to determine if Fiddle needs to auto-wrap the code in Ext.onReady which obviously is failing. If you wrap the code in Ext.onReady that will get you back up and running.

sirwesley
15 Nov 2016, 7:59 AM
Is my Fiddle History gone? Since, I only modified someone else's fiddles, wanted to see if I could get some of my old ones running.

I see groups and teams...but then only see Fiddle categories from you and "slemmon". Where are mine?

ragzovskii
15 Nov 2016, 8:02 AM
+1 my history is gone too, that's a shame because I had some useful templates there. Is it going to be restored?
Also I cannot access nightly builds in this version (I had access in previous)

mitchellsimoens
15 Nov 2016, 8:10 AM
Not sure what you mean by history. If you search with your forum username you should be able to see your fiddles that you have saved.

sirwesley
15 Nov 2016, 8:12 AM
Is there an option or parameter we can add to the URL to use the old Framework? I was in the middle of trying to squash some bugs of my own, and now I'm having to start over.

I'm loving the innovation here, however, until things are polished up, it would be great to still have access to the old build so my work can continue where I left off.

ragzovskii
15 Nov 2016, 8:16 AM
Not sure what you mean by history. If you search with your forum username you should be able to see your fiddles that you have saved.
In previous fiddle there was an option 'view my fiddles' when you clicked on your login in top right corner. Now there's no such option.
I know I can search forum, but not every single one was posted here. Is there a way to use old version?

mitchellsimoens
15 Nov 2016, 8:24 AM
Not sure what you mean by "old Framework". You can choose whatever framework you want to run your code with.

sirwesley
15 Nov 2016, 8:26 AM
Eh...frontend interface. Fiddle 1.1 instead of 2.0? user interface... the way it was yesterday...

mitchellsimoens
15 Nov 2016, 8:28 AM
Fiddle 1 is not available publicly currently. Bugs will be deployed when fixed which is all I'm doing currently.

agarberi
15 Nov 2016, 9:06 AM
Yes, please re-add the function to see your own Fiddles!
It was "View My Fiddles" in top-left corner clicking on "user name".

See image below:

As a temporary workaround I found that you can click on "Search" on the left panel and filter by "Author" (I hope you get the same result).

mitchellsimoens
15 Nov 2016, 1:21 PM
I personally never used that link, would always just jump into the search field. Extremely simple to workaround as you describe.

jmin91
17 Nov 2016, 6:30 AM
I personally never used that link, would always just jump into the search field. Extremely simple to workaround as you describe.

Disagree. It's very useful to have a 'View My Fiddles' link. Please consider re-adding it. I can't imagine it's that hard to implement.

shailykamboj
17 Nov 2016, 12:25 PM
Does that mean apart from Searching there is no way to go to our saved Fiddles???? If true then not a good user experience at all! If we can save Fiddles then there should be a way to view the list too! .....

mitchellsimoens
17 Nov 2016, 12:36 PM
Didn't the View My Fiddles menu item in Fiddle 1 just open the search and execute using your username?

jmin91
17 Nov 2016, 1:15 PM
Didn't the View My Fiddles menu item in Fiddle 1 just open the search and execute using your username?

I'm not sure. If it did, that was great It was super convenient because we didn't have to click Search and then type in our Username. 'View My Fiddles' was exactly that - my fiddles - right now. No time wasted typing in my username.

I can't understand the logic in this. Why would I ever want to search for another user's fiddle? I just want to see mine in one-click.

mitchellsimoens
17 Nov 2016, 1:16 PM
other thread has the jira for the menu item. Never said no on that, just very simple to work around it for now.

Search for someone's fiddle? What if I created an example for you, a month goes by and you want to look for that example but cannot remember what forum thread, blog or portal ticket it was from. Fiddle search to the rescue.

sonnyg
24 Nov 2016, 6:15 AM
I can't search for my fiddles either. I don't even remember the titles. The view my old fiddles use to bring a popup with the list of saved fiddle titles which I can click to load the code to the editor.

mitchellsimoens
24 Nov 2016, 6:24 AM
Literally all the view my fiddles menu did was open the search, populate the author field automatically and search, if this gets back into fiddle 2 that's all it will do. We are aware the search may time out, this happened in fiddle 1 as well and we are going to address a Sencha wide search solution early next year (at the momoent).