PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED] The Ext JS extension leaves .sencha folders in unrelated directories

BobR
16 Nov 2016, 6:43 PM
I use VS Code to open many different directories ('workspaces'), only some of which are actually Ext JS projects.

I've noticed that this extension always creates a .sencha folder.

I believe this extension should not activate, and especially should not create or modify any files, unless it is in an Ext JS project. Perhaps by detecting the existence of the .sencha folder that sencha cmd creates? Or by offering the user the option to mark a project (e.g. by menu, but please not by prompt)?

petr.vecera
17 Nov 2016, 3:26 PM
Hi

Thank for the report. We are aware of this issue and it will be fixed in the future versions.

Petr

twaindev
25 Jan 2017, 6:15 AM
Any ETA on when this will be solved? I currently don't use the plugin because of this bug. I don't like .sencha folders scattered all over my disks.

petr.vecera
25 Jan 2017, 6:36 AM
Any ETA on when this will be solved? I currently don't use the plugin because of this bug. I don't like .sencha folders scattered all over my disks.
Hi

This should be resolved in the latest release.

Regards
Petr

Mark.Brocato
25 Jan 2017, 9:06 AM
Yes, in 1.0.1, it will only add the .sencha directory if it finds another .sencha directory somewhere in the project. The .sencha directory is where IntelliSense index data is stored, so if you have an Ext JS app without a .sencha directory and you're not seeing intellisense you'll need to enable it manually using the "Enable Ext JS IntelliSense for this Project" command via the command palette.

twaindev
25 Jan 2017, 11:29 AM
OK, thank you. I will check it out.

twaindev
26 Jan 2017, 12:26 AM
The update is not available through VSC. Had to download it from the customer portal.