PDA

View Full Version : [2.1 TreePanel] Load a node without expanding

backoffice
22 Apr 2008, 5:43 AM
Hi,

is it possible to preload a node within a TreePanel without expanding it? I couldn't find a function that loads the children of the node (using the TreeLoader) without expanding the node.

Thanks!

Yours
backoffice

esoteric
22 Apr 2008, 5:46 AM
Add property expand: false (it might be expanded, this is from memory), to the node that contains the other nodes that you don't want to have expanded.

backoffice
22 Apr 2008, 10:14 PM
Hi,

i think you didn't understand me right.

I am using the TreeLoader to load the nodes of my tree. In order to make the TreePanel faster i want to preload the childnodes before the user expands the node. A function like "node.preload()" that retrieves the childnodes without actually expanding the node would be fine. This would make the actual expand (when the user wants it) much faster.

Yours
backoffice

Fox
3 Mar 2009, 4:11 PM
Did this question get solved? I have a similar situation, where I have bundled the request data for the tree with another server request (for efficiency), and I want to load the tree with my retrieved data. How can I do this?

For example, with the grid component, I can do this with grid.store.loadData(retrievedData)
Is there a similar method available for the TreePanel?

new2ext
3 Mar 2009, 7:31 PM
Set preloadChildren to true in the loader.

vicF
25 Dec 2015, 4:24 AM
How can I preload a SINGLE node ?