PDA

View Full Version : Missing new class option in context menu

seg
21 Dec 2016, 5:54 AM
Hi,

As of, I think version 1.0, I'm missing the New Class option in the VS Code context menu.

Thanks,

Rob

Mark.Brocato
21 Dec 2016, 6:33 AM
We removed the New Class context menu option in 1.0 in favor of the new snippets feature. Type extjs_ in any javascript file and a handful of snippets will come up in the intellsense menu. You can add a class using extjs_class, extjs_view, etc... You can also customize these snippets or add new ones using the "Edit Ext JS Snippets" command from the command palette (ctrl+P). We feel this gives the user more flexibility than the old approach.

seg
22 Jan 2017, 9:57 AM
Hi Mark,

It seems that in version 1.0.1 we are back to the old way? Now I see the new class option in the context menu and I can not use the snippets feature anymore, when I type extjs_ it doesn't give me any snippets. Is this correct?

Thanks,

Rob

Mark.Brocato
23 Jan 2017, 8:00 AM
No, that's not correct. The snippets should still be there and you should not see items in the project tree context menu related to class creation. Can you try uninstalling the extension and reinstalling it from the marketplace (within VSCode itself) to see if that fixes the problem?

seg
23 Jan 2017, 10:14 AM
Reinstalled version 1.0.1 and now everything seems ok, strange.