PDA

View Full Version : Project Upgrade Issues

mlmcconnell
24 Jan 2017, 11:42 AM
Isn't SA 4.1.1 supposed to offer to upgrade an older ExtJS version project to the latest (SA) supported version? I have a project built with ExtJS 6.2.0.981 but some projects appear to have been updated to 6.2.1.167. New projects I create are using 6.2.1.167. Is there a way to force an upgrade to use the latest framework supported by Architect?

mlmcconnell
24 Jan 2017, 12:11 PM
Never mind. I just replaced the ext folder at the root of the project folder with a known current version. Didn't break anything that I can see and now it's using the correct framework version.

petr.vecera
24 Jan 2017, 12:24 PM
When you open your project with older minor Ext version (6.2.x) - the framework update should be triggered automatically. But basically yeah, you can do the upgrade manually. Also you can switch the project ext version to the Ext nightly (if you have access and you need some bug-fixes or something) so your builds will be build with the new version.

mlmcconnell
24 Jan 2017, 2:13 PM
Thank you for the response. For some reason, the auto update did not trigger for two of my projects, but copying the updated ext directory seems to have fixed the problem. I did notice several config files (workspace.json, for example) that hang on to the older version of the framework reference, even though issuing Ext.getVersion() within the web application shows the correct version. There are a few other config files buried in subdirectories that reference the wrong version of the framework as well. I assume these have no effect on running or building the application, though, because they seem to be working just fine.