PDA

View Full Version : [OPEN] Sencha Studio(Test): Event Recorder, opaque overlay Chrome

JamesHounshellAPIvista
6 Feb 2017, 8:13 AM
System: HP ENVY Notebook (W0Q62AV)
Product: Sencha Test 2
Version: (from SenchaTest-2.0.0-linux-x64-no-jre/stc-2.0.0-linux-x64/version) v1.4.4

- When starting the recorder using Chrome (Version 56.0.2924.87 (64-bit) ), a new chrome window opens, but a white overlay with a red border obscures the chrome window.
- As move the chrome window around the desktop, the overlay follows with some lag. I can see clearly under the overlay the url I wanted to to test.
- I can glitch the window to another monitor (dual monitor setup), leaving the overlay on the other monitor. I can click elements on the page but those clicks are no longer recorded by the sencha test recorder.
- I'm guessing that in this build of sencha test for Linux, the overlay (which captures clicks for the recorder) was left white/opaque during development and a developer forgot to remove the opacity.

Thanks for the help. I'd be happy to follow up if anyone has any questions.

Screenshots included below

marcelofarias
6 Feb 2017, 1:58 PM
Thanks for the report! I have opened a bug in our bug tracker.

Werner Hihn
14 Feb 2017, 8:14 AM
I don' t think this is Linux specific, I'm experiencing the same issue on Windows 7

craigcomstock
14 Feb 2017, 6:39 PM
We have seen some version of Windows and also Windows in a VM have the same issue. It is primarily a problem with video hardware and there may not be a workaround or even a fix. The limitation is present in Electron which our Event Recorder uses. Please see this bug in the electron stack for any possible workarounds or tips. https://github.com/electron/electron/issues/2170.

ulknight
8 May 2017, 4:35 AM
Hi! I have the same issue on my comp (Ubuntu 16.04) and notebook (ubuntu 14.04). I'm a lucky guy? :)
I've readed the bug topic of Electron, you've provided before. I've found 2 posible solutions there:
1. Lunch browser with following params --enable-transparent-visuals --disable-gpu. Is it posible? And how can I do it?
2. Down grade Electron to 1.4.14. Which version Sencha Tests uses? Is it posible to get/download package this 1.4.14 version of Electron?

VDP
14 Nov 2017, 8:10 AM
+1 also ubuntu user