PDA

View Full Version : Migrating classes from GXT 2 to GXT 4

johnsgp
16 Feb 2017, 4:10 AM
I am looking for reference documentation on migrating classes from GXT 2 to GXT 4 (or 3). I see that the package names and sometimes the class names have changed in a way that doesn't suggest an obvious pattern. For example, starting with the simplest:

v2: com.extjs.gxt.ui.client.Style.Orientation
v4: com.sencha.gxt.core.client.Style.Orientation (just swaps 'sencha' for 'extjs' and 'core' for 'ui')

v2: com.extjs.gxt.ui.client.Style.Scroll
v4: com.sencha.gxt.core.client.util.Scroll (also adds in a 'util' package)

v2: com.extjs.gxt.ui.client.widget.Status
v4: com.sencha.gxt.widget.core.client.Status ('widget' moves to a different position in the package hierarchy)

v2: com.extjs.gxt.ui.client.widget.Info
v4: com.sencha.gxt.widget.core.client.info.Info (adds an 'info' package - same name as the class 'Info')

v2: com.extjs.gxt.ui.client.widget.button.Button
v4: com.sencha.gxt.widget.core.client.button.TextButton (the word 'Text' is added to 'Button' to make 'TextButton'; addition of 'button' package)

v2: com.extjs.gxt.ui.client.Style.SortDir
v4: com.sencha.gxt.data.shared.SortDir (complete package change from 'ui.client.Style' to 'data.shared')

In some cases I'm struggling to find the v4 name altogether, e.g. com.extjs.gxt.ui.client.widget.Label. The only 'Label' I can find is com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.Label (from GWT, not Sencha). Or perhaps it is com.sencha.gxt.widget.core.client.form.FieldLabel?

There must be a better way than stabbing in the dark.