PDA

View Full Version : tooltip questions

Mthor
24 Apr 2008, 8:23 AM
I have acouple questions here.

1. on my xsl page I am trying to use ext:qtip="text" I can get this to work in a basic html page but when I try and get this to work with my xsl page I get an error saying ext: isn't recognized and my page is completely broken.

2. I was doing this this way.

<script type="text/javascript">
// Instantiate and render the menu bar and corresponding submenus
if (window.location.href.toLowerCase().indexOf("https") == 0) {
YAHOO.widget.Module.IMG_ROOT_SSL = "js/YUI/assets/container";
}
YAHOO.widget.Tooltip.CSS_TOOLTIP = "popuptext";
new YAHOO.widget.Tooltip("tt1", { context:"operator", text:"text goes here",autodismissdelay:10000 });
new YAHOO.widget.Tooltip("tt1", { context:"email", text:"text goes here.",autodismissdelay:10000 });
new YAHOO.widget.Tooltip("tt1", { context:"email2", text:"text goes here",autodismissdelay:10000 });
new YAHOO.widget.Tooltip("tt1", { context:"phone", text:"text goes here",autodismissdelay:10000 });
new YAHOO.widget.Tooltip("tt1", { context:"inoffice", text:"text goes here",autodismissdelay:10000 });
</script>

then I tried to upgrade to 2.0 with the help of Animal and he came up with

new Ext.Tooltip({ target:"operator", text:"When a caller reaches your voicemail, pressing 0 will send them to this phone number. Please enter in a ten digit format with out spaces or special characters, i.e. (), -, . You can tell callers they can press 0 when listening to your voicemail greeting, or after they have left you a message.",dismissdelay:10000 });
new Ext.Tooltip({ target:"email", text:"Enter an outside email address, text pager, or phone text email address.",dismissdelay:10000 });
new Ext.Tooltip({ target:"email2", text:"Enter an outside email address, text pager, or phone text email address.",dismissdelay:10000 });
new Ext.Tooltip({ target:"phone", text:"Select the description of the phone you wish to control and click Save.",dismissdelay:10000 });
new Ext.Tooltip({ target:"inoffice", text:"Select the profile that you would like to be active when callers reach your personal assistant.",dismissdelay:10000 });
</script>

I am still having problems getting this to work. the ext links I have at the top are.

<script type="text/javascript" src="js/Ext/adapter/ext/ext-base.js"/>
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/Ext/ext-all.js"/>

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="js/Ext/resources/css/ext-all.css"/>

any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Animal
24 Apr 2008, 9:47 AM
That's not the code I posted.

Mthor
24 Apr 2008, 10:22 AM
you are right, i just changed it a little. here is the code you posted.

// Instantiate and render the menu bar and corresponding submenus
if (window.location.href.toLowerCase().indexOf("https") == 0) {
YAHOO.widget.Module.IMG_ROOT_SSL = "js/YUI/assets/container";
}
Ext.ToolTip.CSS_TOOLTIP = "popuptext"; // <-- What's this?
new Ext.ToolTip({ target:"operator", html:"text goes here", dismissDelay:10000 });
new Ext.ToolTip({ target:"email", html:"text goes here.", dismissDelay:10000 });
new Ext.ToolTip({ target:"email2", html:"text goes here", dismissDelay:10000 });
new Ext.ToolTip({ target:"phone", html:"text goes here", dismissDelay:10000 });
new Ext.ToolTip({ target:"inoffice", html:"text goes here", dismissDelay:10000 });
</script>

http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33473&highlight=tooltip

Mthor
24 Apr 2008, 12:06 PM
i figured out my problem.

I needed

Ext.QuickTips.init();
</script>

in the head of the page. then all I put

qtip="testing, please work"

thanks for the help animal. sry about posting your code with edits in it, my bad.