PDA

View Full Version : Recorder stopped working after upgrading from 2.0.0-EA to 2.0.2

scrappycoco
24 Mar 2017, 4:10 AM
Hello there,

I've been using ST 2.0.0-EA for quite a while and recorder was working ok. But after upgrading to 2.0.2, it no longer works. It fails on Setting up recorder... with an error message:

Error: unknown error: cannot get automation extension from unknown error: page could not be found: chrome-extension://aapnijgdinlhnhlmodcfapnahmbfebeb/_generated_background_page.html at screenshot() - C:\Program Files\Sencha\Test\2_0_2_9\resources\app.asar\node_modules\orion-core\node_modules\webdriverio\build\lib\commands\saveScreenshot.js:16:17 at execute() - WebDriver.js?_dc=1490353377758:147:27

Is there a way to fix this?
Thanks.

swillo
24 Mar 2017, 6:16 AM
I'm experiencing the same issue. After doing quite a bit of searching it looks like it's due to the recent Chrome update to version 57. Can you confirm which version of chrome you're running?

joel.watson
24 Mar 2017, 5:09 PM
This is from using the Embedded browser, correct? The embedded chromedriver that ships with Sencha Test is currently 2.24, which is unfortunately not compatible with Chrome 57. You could setup your own selenium server farm that includes newer drivers (I'd recommend selenium server 3.3.1 and chrome driver 2.28). Alternatively, you could update the embedded assets with newer versions. If you're interested in the latter approach, let me know and I can walk you through it.

Thanks!
Joel

swillo
25 Mar 2017, 9:50 AM
This was using the embedded chrome browser. I'm currently using the trial version to see if ST will meet our needs and would prefer to use the embedded browser for the time being. If you could provide some steps on how to updated the embedded assets that would be very helpful.

scrappycoco
26 Mar 2017, 9:35 PM
I've got Chrome v 59.0.3047.4.
I've tried to replace 2.24-x64-chromedriver with 2.28 which should work with Chrome 57+. But just replacing 2.24-x64-chromedriver file
and changing version in selenium-config.json did not do the trick. I guess we need Joel help with that.

joel.watson
27 Mar 2017, 6:46 AM
I've got Chrome v 59.0.3047.4.
I've tried to replace 2.24-x64-chromedriver with 2.28 which should work with Chrome 57+. But just replacing 2.24-x64-chromedriver file
and changing version in selenium-config.json did not do the trick. I guess we need Joel help with that.

Which selenium-config.json file did you update? Also, you'll need to be sure that the file name is precisely the same as the old one (with the version updated, of course).

You'll need to update the selenium-config.json file and place a copy of the 2.28 chromedriver in the following location:

/Users/{username}/Library/Application Support/Sencha/Studio/selenium (for Mac)

Thanks

swillo
27 Mar 2017, 8:07 AM
I updated the chromedriver as Scrappycoco did then updated the selenium-config.json file with the correct version number but I'm still encountering the same failure reported in the original post. Any suggestions Joel?

joel.watson
27 Mar 2017, 8:13 AM
I updated the chromedriver as Scrappycoco did then updated the selenium-config.json file with the correct version number but I'm still encountering the same failure reported in the original post. Any suggestions Joel?

Which selenium-config.json file did you update, and where did you place the updated version of chrome driver? Also, what did you name the updated version of chromedriver?

Thanks

swillo
27 Mar 2017, 8:18 AM
I'm on a windows 10 64 bit machine
- Updated the selenium-config.json file located in: C:\Program Files\Sencha\Test\2_0_2_9\selenium
- Placed the updated chromedriver in: C:\Program Files\Sencha\Test\2_0_2_9\selenium\chromedriver
- Named it: 2.28-x64-chromedriver

joel.watson
27 Mar 2017, 8:40 AM
I'm on a windows 10 64 bit machine
- Updated the selenium-config.json file located in: C:\Program Files\Sencha\Test\2_0_2_9\selenium
- Placed the updated chromedriver in: C:\Program Files\Sencha\Test\2_0_2_9\selenium\chromedriver
- Named it: 2.28-x64-chromedriver

You'll need to perform those same steps in the following location on Windows:

C:\Users\{username}\.sencha\selenium

Once you have completed that, a restart of Sencha Test Studio should pick up the updated driver.

Thanks

arunhmetrix
5 Apr 2017, 10:34 AM
Hi Joel,

I am interested in the latter approach. Can you please walk me through the steps required to update the embedded assets? I am using Sencha Test v2.0.2.9.

Thank you.
Arun

joel.watson
6 Apr 2017, 5:49 AM
Hi Joel,

I am interested in the latter approach. Can you please walk me through the steps required to update the embedded assets? I am using Sencha Test v2.0.2.9.

Thank you.
Arun

Hi Arun--

Here are the steps:

To upgrade the assets, first go to the following directory:

~/Library/Application Support/Sencha/Studio/selenium (Mac)
C:\Users\{username}\.sencha\selenium (Windows)

Next, download the newer chromedriver (version 2.28 or above), and place it in the “chromedriver” folder. Be sure to match the naming convention that the old one used, obviously keeping the newer version number (e.g., “2.28-x64-chromedriver”).

While you’re at it, I’d also download the most recent version of selenium server standalone, version 3.3.1. Again, make sure to use the same naming convention as the old version (3.3.1-server.jar)

Finally, open the “selenium-config.json” file, and update the version numbers to match the versions of the chromedriver and selenium server jar that you downloaded.

After these changes are made, you should be able to restart Studio and the new driver and server will be used for the Embedded browser.

Hope this helps! Thanks

arunhmetrix
6 Apr 2017, 12:04 PM
Thanks for the detailed steps, Joel.

Three observations:
1. I am using Windows and have "C:\Users\{username}\.sencha\Studio\selenium" instead of the path you mentioned above.
2. The chromedrivers available at https://chromedriver.storage.googleapis.com/index.html are always chromedriver_win32 versions. Is it okay to download them and save as x64 in the above mentioned sencha directory?
3. So, I went ahead and followed the steps you mentioned for the folder structure I have at my end. I downloaded and replaced the chromedriver and selenium-server with appropriate versions. I also updated the config json. I restarted Studio and am getting the following error messages:
It says "Missing chromedriver\2.28-x64-chromedriver" even though I have it at the specified location.

Please let me know if I am going in the wrong direction.

Thanks,
Arun

joel.watson
7 Apr 2017, 11:23 AM
Hi Arun--

Can you share the selenium-config.json file, as well as take a screenshot of the contents of the "selenium" and "chromedriver" folders? Thanks

arunhmetrix
7 Apr 2017, 12:26 PM
Here you go, Joel.

Find the screenshots attached:
This is Users>username>.sencha>Studio>selenium setup. I have the same setup in Program Files>Sencha>Test>2_0_2_9>selenium.

and the selenium-config text below:

{
"hub": {
"version": "3.3.1",
"drivers": {}
},
"node": {
"version": "3.3.1",
"drivers": {
"chrome": {
"version": "2.28"
}
}
}
}

-Arun

joel.watson
7 Apr 2017, 1:27 PM
Hi Arun--

Thanks for the screenshots. You'll need to put the new chromedriver and selenium server files in the paths visible in your screenshots. This is where the embedded browser's start up scripts is looking for the assets. Thanks!

arunhmetrix
10 Apr 2017, 10:55 AM
You'll need to put the new chromedriver and selenium server files in the paths visible in your screenshots.

Joel,
I have already downloaded and saved the latest assets in the paths displayed in the screenshots. I updated the config json and restarted Studio. But I am getting the error which I mentioned in 04/06 post (see screenshots).

-Arun

joel.watson
10 Apr 2017, 10:57 AM
Joel,
I have already downloaded and saved the latest assets in the paths displayed in the screenshots. I updated the config json and restarted Studio. But I am getting the error which I mentioned in 04/06 post (see screenshots).

-Arun

Can you send the updated screenshots, please? The files aren't in the old screenshots you sent, so I assumed they were placed in a different path. Thanks

arunhmetrix
10 Apr 2017, 11:16 AM
Sure.

The first 2 screenshots are for the updated assets in the correct path. The other 2 screenshots are the errors I am getting after running Studio.

Let me know if I am missing anything.

Thanks,
Arun

arunhmetrix
12 Apr 2017, 10:07 AM
Hi Joel,

Do I need to update the Path environment variable in my system with chromedriver path or selenium-server path?

-Arun

Rohan Jalil
14 Apr 2017, 5:21 AM
Hi Arun,
Did you find any way to solve this issue, because i did all that procedure advised by Joel, and now facing the same issue you provided in the 4th screenshot.
Thanks in advance.

arunhmetrix
19 Apr 2017, 8:23 AM
Hi Rohan,

There has been no resolution yet.

-Arun

joel.watson
2 May 2017, 7:40 AM
Hi Joel,

Do I need to update the Path environment variable in my system with chromedriver path or selenium-server path?

-Arun

You shouldn't have to update this. If you have added any paths, you might try removing those. Thanks

arunhmetrix
2 May 2017, 7:45 AM
Joel,

I did not update any PATH variables, as you suggested above. But the issue still persists with the recorder even after updating the underlying assets. Let me know if I can share any further artifacts.

schadalavada
2 May 2017, 8:37 PM
Hi Joel,

I have followed all the steps which you have mentioned dot to dot. Initially I was wondering why event recorder did not work after following the same procedure later based on above input tried removing environment variable which is been set by me. Now I don't see any discrepancies. Thanks a lot for your assistance and I must say this thread was really helpful

Regards,
Shalini C

AshokPericharla
3 May 2017, 3:32 AM
Hi Joel,
I downloaded the trail version Sencha test 2_0_2_9 to check if it suits our project needs. I followed the steps guided by you but still facing the same issue what Arun is facing. Guide me if i can do anything.56236

joel.watson
13 May 2017, 3:49 AM
Hi Joel,
I downloaded the trail version Sencha test 2_0_2_9 to check if it suits our project needs. I followed the steps guided by you but still facing the same issue what Arun is facing. Guide me if i can do anything.56236

Hi--

The error message suggests that you don't have the chromedriver in the correct location. Please double-check that you have included the chromedriver, with the appropriate naming convention, in the proper location.

Thanks
Joel

AshokPericharla
16 May 2017, 1:36 AM
Hi joel,
I checked the chrome driver in the location, i included it with appropriate naming convention. I am sharing the screenshots of the chrome location, selenium server location and errors. Please help if i can do anything more ...5629056291562925629356294

joel.watson
18 May 2017, 7:10 AM
@AshokPericharla--

On the face, everything looks to be configured correctly. The only thing I can think of is that perhaps you have a bad/corrupt version of the chromedriver?

Here's what I would suggest: install the selenium-standalone module somewhere on your machine. Run the install method...this should grab the correct chromedriver, with the correct name. Once you have that, try putting it in location above.

Thanks!
Joel