PDA

View Full Version : Change toolkit with profiles in development testing

DBrumec
12 Apr 2017, 12:16 AM
Hello,
I was wondering if there is a way that I could swap toolkits while making and testing the app I've built in Google Chrome while developing? So far I'm using profiles to load the right view and I'm interested to know if I can swap toolkits. Main reason for this is that I see TabPanels have different scrolling UI in classic and modern and the multi option in combobox vs selectfield.

As I've explored I understand I can do that when building for production but I'd need it before.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Regards,
Domen

petr.vecera
12 Apr 2017, 4:39 AM
Hi Domen,

Are you using universal app or something? Try adding ?modern into the url, it should load the modern part on the desktop

DBrumec
12 Apr 2017, 4:54 AM
Hey,
The plan is to have an universal app. I've created a new project in Architect with modern toolkit and put on a few basic componenets like navView, buttons, panels, list.
Now I'm a bit confused how can I get/use viewport insted on navigation view, combobox instead of selectfield in my Architect? Then preview that in the browser and determine to have modern or classic on "Toggle device toolbar" under f12 debugger to check the layouts and behaviour

petr.vecera
12 Apr 2017, 5:34 AM
So you want to create full universal app as per ExtJS standards? Because that's not possible in current SA, you can create only Modern or Classic project in SA. The classic and modern have different class names in the views.

The best way would be to create universal app without SA using just Cmd and than create SA project for Modern and for Classic, a use it only to generate the views for your app. Or at least that's how some customers were doing it.