PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Architect 4 Java installation on Mac

Johnbran
24 May 2017, 12:30 PM
Hey,

I am trying out Architect 4. I have JAVA 1.8.0_131 installed but architect doesn't see it.

the computer is a mac running Sierra.

this is the terminal read out.

Johns-MBP-4:~ johnbran$ java -version
java version "1.8.0_131"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_131-b11)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.131-b11, mixed mode)
Johns-MBP-4:~ johnbran$ echo $(/usr/libexec/java_home)
/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_131.jdk/Contents/Home
Johns-MBP-4:~ johnbran$

Here is my bash_profile ...

source ~/.profile
export PATH=$PATH:/Applications/AndroidDevelopment/sdk/tools
export PATH=/Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php5.5.9/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/Applications/AndroidDevelopment/sdk/tools source /Users/johnbran/.bash_profile

export SENCHA_CMD_3_0_0="/Users/johnbran/bin/Sencha/Cmd/5.1.2.52"

##
# Your previous /Users/johnbran/.bash_profile file was backed up as /Users/johnbran/.bash_profile.macports-saved_2015-02-10_at_08:49:58
##

# MacPorts Installer addition on 2015-02-10_at_08:49:58: adding an appropriate PATH variable for use with MacPorts.
export PATH="/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:$PATH"
# Finished adapting your PATH environment variable for use with MacPorts.source ~/.profile
export PATH=$PATH:/Applications/AndroidDevelopment/sdk/tools
export PATH=/Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php5.5.9/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/Applications/AndroidDevelopment/sdk/tools source /Users/johnbran/.bash_profile

export SENCHA_CMD_3_0_0="/Users/johnbran/bin/Sencha/Cmd/5.1.2.52"

##
# Your previous /Users/johnbran/.bash_profile file was backed up as /Users/johnbran/.bash_profile.macports-saved_2015-02-10_at_08:49:58
##

# MacPorts Installer addition on 2015-02-10_at_08:49:58: adding an appropriate PATH variable for use with MacPorts.
export PATH="/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:$PATH"
# Finished adapting your PATH environment variable for use with MacPorts.

I tried the guide from here: https://www.leeboonstra.com/developer/how-to-set-up-your-sencha-environment/
and here... http://docs.sencha.com/architect/4/guides/getting_started/installation_setup.html
with no luck.

cordova 7 is also installed. I am assuming it will see it when it sees Java.

Any help would be appriciated. Thanks

petr.vecera
24 May 2017, 1:37 PM
Hello

It seems that SA is not detecting the same command line as you. Could you start terminal and with that navigate to the application folder and try to run java -version , if that proceeds correctly try to run SA from the same terminal. I don't have Mac on me right now but is it possible that he SA is started as different user than you ?

You can also try to run SA with admin privileges (as sudo)

Petr

wayne.rudd
31 May 2017, 2:46 PM
Also getting the same problem (OSX 10.12.5)

Tried running SA from terminal after successful java -version. Still same problem.

WayneMac:~ Wayne$ java -version
java version "1.8.0_121"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_121-b13)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.121-b13, mixed mode)

Tried running via sudo but then asks me to register app again, so did not pursue that path as don't want to break my install

petr.vecera
1 Jun 2017, 2:11 AM
Tried running via sudo but then asks me to register app again, so did not pursue that path as don't want to break my install

This is OK, you can try to register it again. It only stores the license in the different place because you started it as different computer user.