PDA

View Full Version : Sencha Themer / App Styling / HELP

coshaims
25 May 2017, 3:14 PM
Hi Guys,

So I have a question about using Themer and Inspect. UI Designer, and the team I just joined is working on an Ext JS App. We already have a version of our product deployed to some clients as a Beta Version. I need to redesign our theme, and style the App.

My question is, is there any way to get Themer and Inspect to work using HTTPS? I have my own Dev server with a version of our product. Or do I need to run the App Locally using Sencha CMD? I'm just wondering what is the best way to style an app that has already been deployed? This issue is when using Web Inspector is chrome, debugging styles is almost impossible, because everything has been compiled. So is it best to run a version of the app using local host?

Thanks

dan.buhrman
26 May 2017, 6:31 AM
Using Sencha Cmd and app watch provides the best experience with the Inspect feature in Themer. Cmd is able to inject Fashion into your app so style changes are reflected immediately in the browser without needing to reload the browser window. If you can get your application to run with sencha app watch, that is definitely the preferred method.

If this is not possible, you can use the bookmarklet to connect your app to Themer. This will allow you to highlight things in your application and Themer will show relevant variables/UIs for your selection, however, you lose live reloading. The annoying part about this workflow is: if you make a change in Themer and want to see it in your app, you have to reload your browser, but then if you want to continue inspecting with Themer, you need to re-run the bookmarklet (after every reload of the browser).

You can find the bookmarklet and instructions on connecting your application for inspecting by going to View => Connected App(s) in Themer.