PDA

View Full Version : Cant get examples to work...

trx
3 May 2008, 3:42 PM
Hello everyone,

I'm having problems getting any of the ext-gwt examples working.

For instance when I create a "TabPanelPage" and copy the source code from the example and try to execute it; GWT launches but all i get is a blank page.

A standard GWT example works fine.

I'm using eclipse with cypal plugin, GWT15M2, Eclipse Java Compiler set to 5.0 (also tried 6.0).

I've included <inherits name='com.extjs.gxt.ui.GXT'/> in the *.gwt.xml file. Also added <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css/ext-all.css" /> to the *.html file.

I've added the gxt.jar to the build path.

My folder structure:

lib -
+ GWT
+ GXT

What am I doing wrong?

darrellmeyer
4 May 2008, 7:32 PM
Not all the demo pages have been tested running standalone. In the case of TabPanelPage, try doing this:

public void onModuleLoad() {
setBounds(10, 10, 400, 300);
RootPanel.get().add(this);
}

trx
5 May 2008, 10:12 AM
great setting the bounds worked!

Thank you!

budhimind
12 May 2008, 6:34 AM
Hi TRX,
I having problems rebuilding samples.explorer project. I'm also using eclipse with cypal plugin, GWT15M2, Eclipse Java Compiler set to 5.0. I import the src after creating exploer by using cypal. I added build path for gxt.jar and tryed many others.
After your post, I try your way but still can not make it happen.
Could you ( or darrellmeyer) please give some detail or tutorial for this setup?
I have successfully recreate gwt-ext example's project.
Thanks in advance.

trx
14 May 2008, 12:25 AM
Hello budhimind,

Sorry for the late reply.

I have not tried setting up the actual explorer demo.

I created a new project, and copied the source from the "TabPanelPage" of the Explorer demo.

Initially it wasn't working but after I set the bounds as suggested by darrellmeyer it worked fine.

I recommend you trying to get a simple component to work first just to make sure your setup is fine i.e. just create a button.

budhimind
14 May 2008, 10:07 AM
Hi trx,
Thank you for your reply!

After read your post, I also did the same thing as you said, but it not working.
In "TabPanelPage", it will call TestData class in the "Resource" package. I do not know how to setup.

Could you please give me further hint on this?

trx
15 May 2008, 7:22 AM
Get rid of the references to the test data class and place an arbitary string instead i.e.

"test_data".

Should work.