PDA

View Full Version : Cannot integrate Ext Gwt in an existing project

Habhoub
6 May 2008, 4:27 AM
Hello,

I have an existing project written in GWT 1.4, i want to try some Ext GWT components within it.
I downloaded Ext GWT 1.0 and i followed stup instructions included in the downloaded distribution.

When i try to build the project's war (with GWT 1.5m2 and jdk 1.5), i get the following error :

Loading module 'isd.bcp.carthago.carthago'
[java] Loading inherited module 'com.extjs.gxt.GXT'
[java] [ERROR] Unable to find 'com/extjs/gxt/GXT.gwt.xml' on your classpath; could be a typo, or maybe you forgot to include a classpath entry for source?

Could you please help me,

Thanks,

Habhoub

gslender
6 May 2008, 4:40 AM
you need to add gxt.jar - not the war file.

Habhoub
6 May 2008, 4:44 AM

Thanks a lot for your reply.
That's what i've done, i added gwt.jar in both Java Build Path and launch configuration.

Habhoub
6 May 2008, 4:46 AM

Thanks a lot for your reply.
That's what i've done, i added gwt.jar in both Java Build Path and launch configuration as indicated in steup.txt file included in the downloaded distribution.

Any idea ?

gslender
6 May 2008, 5:04 AM
i added gwt.jar in both Java Build Path and launch configuration

No! you need to add GXT.JAR not gwt.jar... (though you do need GWT user libs).... as we could be getting confused, best provide more info as its hard to tell if you are doing the right thing or not.

Habhoub
6 May 2008, 5:20 AM
No! you need to add GXT.JAR not gwt.jar... (though you do need GWT user libs).... as we could be getting confused, best provide more info as its hard to tell if you are doing the right thing or not.

Sorry it was a writing mistake, i wanted to say that i added gxt.jar and not gwt.jar.

I have an existing project and i wanted to start trying some Ext Gwt components on it, so first i tried to setup Ext Gwt on it before using any components i wanted to include Ext Gwt library and compile my project.
I followed exactlt the instructions included in setup.txt :

1- add <inherits name='com.extjs.gxt.GXT'/> to my project module xml file
2- Add the following stylesheets to my host page ...
3- Add gxt.jar to project build path
4- Add gxt.jar to project launch configuration

When i try to run my build the project's war file i get the following error :
[echo] Compile GWT sources
[java] Loading module 'isd.bcp.carthago.carthago'
[java] Loading inherited module 'com.extjs.gxt.ui.GXT'
[java] [ERROR] Unable to find 'com/extjs/gxt/ui/GXT.gwt.xml' on your classpath; could be a typo, or maybe you forgot to include a classpath entry for source?
[java] [ERROR] Line 3: Unexpected exception while processing element 'inherits'
[java] com.google.gwt.core.ext.UnableToCompleteException: (see previous log entries)

Note that i'm using Eclipse 3.2.

gslender
6 May 2008, 1:11 PM
ok, so what is doing the WAR build ? and ant file? if so check that to ensure it has the gxt.jar file included in the classpath.

The answer is being told to you - something is compiling and the GXT classes cannot be found in the classpath.

zaccret
7 May 2008, 7:09 AM
I think you've downloaded Ext GWT 1.0 beta 1. There is a typo in the setup.txt. This has benn fixed in beta 2 --> actually, you have to
<inherits name='com.extjs.gxt.ui.GXT'/> instead of
<inherits name='com.extjs.gxt.GXT'/>

nicrox
8 May 2008, 7:31 PM
Yes, there's a typo in beta one setup file. I took me a while to figure that out.
I recommend if you have jre1.5 installed on your system, download gxt beta 2 and it works a breeze.

ramanav
20 May 2009, 1:45 AM
Hi
I want to use the Grid Example provided by Ext Gwt examples in my application; how to use it;
I have created a sample gwt web application and write code like this
public void onModuleLoad() {
GridExample container = new GridExample();

container.setSize(300, 300);
container.setBorders(true);
RootPanel.get().add(container);

}
and i have inherited the resouces application (Grid example is using the resounces) in my xml configeration file as fallows
<inherits name='com.extjs.gxt.samples.resources.Resources' />

I have created an eclipse project from the source code of GWT; it contains all the samples including that Grid sample
and i have added this GWT source project in my application to use those GRID sample;
but it is not giving any compile errors
but it giving errors like this

Unable to find 'com/extjs/gxt/samples/resources/Resources.gwt.xml' on your classpath; could be a typo, or maybe you forgot to include a classpath entry for source?

I think the path is incorrect; how to set this one;

How to use any of those samples in my application

can any one help on this?

thank you
ramana

micgala
20 May 2009, 2:04 AM
You say you are using the Resources class.

What is the location of this file:
Resources.gwt.xml ? In what package did you put it?

ramanav
20 May 2009, 2:12 AM
The Grid sample and all other samples in the GWT examples are using this Resouces application; That is why i am using it
I have used the Resources.gwt.xml sample application application which is provided by GWT( it is in the examples)
it contains
TestData in client side
and
Country.java
Customer.java
Folder.java.....
........etc in the Server side

Tell me how to use Ext GWT in my application......
any sample.....?

thanks
ramana