View Full Version : Elements Id's of Items in Combox

7 May 2008, 9:09 AM

We are using Selenium for testing our UI which is developed by ext-gwt(gxt). In selenium, each html elements must have a static id, in order to invoke a specific action on that element in a test case.

We are able to set a static unique id almost all widget in ext-qwt but combox. It seems combobox widget has several subcomponents and items in a combobox is rendered on internal panel (called "list" in combobox class) of which id is set internally. I would like to set id of this panel (and also "view" DataView object's id). But i am not able to do that. As in the attachment, these two elements get "my-41" (container) and "my-42" (view) dynamically.

Please note that, I am able to set the id of combobox (with setID(String) method) but not the id of these items and their internal container (list and view).

Briefly, i need to set element id of "list" (Container) and "view" (DataView) objects (in other words, item's id) as if in "initList" method Combobox class.

initList () {

Any idea ?

Thanks in advance

12 May 2008, 1:57 PM
Having never used GXT I can't be certain this will work.

However I had the same problem with ExtJS. You're correct about the combo having child components been the issue. What I did was extend the ComboBox to explicitly set an ID for the 'inner' dropdown....

this.innerList = this.list.createChild({cls:cls+'-inner'});

this.innerList = this.list.createChild({cls:cls+'-inner', id: this.innerId});

Now i can use the 'innerId' config option when defining my customcombo, and selenium works fine.

Hope this helps.

12 May 2008, 3:07 PM
I added "id={id}" to the default template. If your model object has an id, it will be substituted. Change is in SVN.

16 Apr 2010, 1:50 AM
Hi, I'm fairly new to extjs and trying to do selenium testing on comboboxes.
The proposed solution doesn't seem to work in extjs 3 (I'm assuming since the topic was started in 2008, the solution was proposed for extjs 2), unless I'm implementing it the wrong way.

var states = [
['AL', 'Alabama'],
['AK', 'Alaska'],
['AZ', 'Arizona'],
['AR', 'Arkansas']

var store = new Ext.data.SimpleStore({
fields: ['abbr', 'state'],
data : states

combo_ext = Ext.extend(Ext.form.ComboBox, {
constructor: function(config) {
Ext.apply(this, {
width: 200
combo_ext.superclass.constructor.apply(this, arguments);
this.innerList = this.list.createChild({cls:cls+'-inner', id: this.innerId});

Ext.reg('extendedcomboxtype', combo_ext);

Is there an alternative way to get the dropdown list's id via selenium or does it still need to be picked up on creation and then saved in the component itself?