PDA

View Full Version : content panel render and active panel

nicrox
8 May 2008, 4:25 AM
Hi All,
I'm making a shift from pure js to java so you might find my question a bit Extjsy.

To start I got 2 questions:
how can I render my tabpanel to HTML fragment? something like renderTo: "el-name" in Extjs, I'm aware there's render(Element) function, I simply don't know where/how to find/declare an Element that relates to my eg. "inner-element-not-body"
What are the equivalence of active panel in extgwt? I couldn't find anything in docos either.Rgds

nicrox
11 May 2008, 5:49 PM
Alright since no one answered me, I'll answer myself,
For those who are GXT nubee like myself, starting with GWT documentation is probably the best place to get started as GXT's docos has a long way to go.
To answer my first question have a look at DOM keywork, using DOM can do lots of things

gslender
11 May 2008, 6:03 PM
What are the equivalence of active panel in extgwt? I couldn't find anything in docos either.

Not sure I really understand what you mean - what is a an active panel in Ext ??? Do you mean like the currently active tab panel?

nicrox
14 May 2008, 9:09 PM
nope, lemme elaborate,

in Ext you can declare this:

tp = new Ext.Tabpanel();
tp.add(tabItem1);
tp.add(tabItem2);
tp.add(tabItem3);

--> tp.setActiveTab(1);
this will set tabItem1 as active when the page is rendered. I sorta found something on GWT's docos though.

gslender
14 May 2008, 11:42 PM
the exact same thing can be done in GXT... read the api and you should be able to find it - ping back if you get stuck