PDA

View Full Version : Strange behaviour tabbing through grid w/combo

orla
21 Mar 2007, 9:30 AM
Hi there

I know the standard way of entering data in the grid is to tab to the cell, hit return, edit the data and hit return once again when you're done.

But I've got some strage behaviour with the tab order when I do the following
Edit the first item in the grid (text editor), then hit tab, it immediately brings me into edit mode on the second cell (drop down editor) and when I try to tab off the cell without changing any data, the grid loses focus and the tab focus goes back to the address bar and you need to go through various other buttons on the page before you get back to the grid. The editor on the cell remains while this is going on and will only go away if you click on it or type in a value.

This only happens the first time the page is loaded and there is no data in the store for the dropdown, subsequent requests all work grand and you can tab right past the cell.

I know this might sound like a random issue and maybe the answer is to train the users to hit return before they tab onto the next cell but I thought I'd ask anyway

Thanks
Orla

jack.slocum
21 Mar 2007, 12:02 PM
Sounds like a bug. I will look into it ty.

miti
6 Feb 2009, 11:35 AM
I am searching on the forum for the same issue. Has it been solved?
Basically, when tabbing through an editable grid, grid lost focus when trying to tab away from a combo or date field sometime(at least in IE7). This weird behavior is not consistent though.

thanks.

tryanDLS
6 Feb 2009, 11:37 AM
This thread is ancient. What version of Ext are you using? Can you provide an example?

mjlecomte
6 Feb 2009, 11:42 AM
I am searching on the forum for the same issue. Has it been solved?
Basically, when tabbing through an editable grid, grid lost focus when trying to tab away from a combo or date field sometime(at least in IE7). This weird behavior is not consistent though.

thanks.

This thread is ancient. What version of Ext are you using? Can you provide an example?

I confirm this using
http://extjs.com/deploy/dev/examples/grid/edit-grid.html
on IE7.

mjlecomte
6 Feb 2009, 11:42 AM
To clarify, the editor is lost after tabbing through a combo field. Tab still advances through the fields, but no longer in edit mode.

mjlecomte
6 Feb 2009, 11:45 AM
This looks to be a new feature of 2.2.1, my archived version of 2.2 examples does not exhibit this behavior.

mjlecomte
6 Feb 2009, 11:55 AM
Please confirm or deny the bug in this thread:
http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?p=284602#post284602

miti
6 Feb 2009, 12:35 PM
I am using 2.2. thanks.