PDA

View Full Version : Table Column Headers

jerryc57
21 May 2008, 12:46 PM
Hey all, still a newbie here. In the Basic Table example in Explorer, the table column headers have the nice silver background, and are sortable.

On my table, having copied pretty dang religiously from the example, my headings and data are boring black text on a white background, and no selection is available even though I specified the same selection model as in the example.

What exactly causes the headings to have that background, and what enables row selection?

Thanks for any help

Jerry

darrellmeyer
21 May 2008, 9:56 PM
Sounds like you have not included the stylesheet in your html.

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css/ext-all.css" />

jerryc57
22 May 2008, 5:09 AM
Nope, that's in there. Sorry, I should have been more specific. I know it has something to do with the style sheets, I just don't know where or how to find which part of the css's are associated with table column headings. I think I've not copied something that the css is referring to.

darrellmeyer
22 May 2008, 7:17 PM
Try using Firebug for Firefox. You can easily see what stylesheets are loaded and what styles are applied to each element.

jerryc57
23 May 2008, 7:08 AM
Okay, did that and it's a great tool. I can see that my headers have a style of my-tbl-col... and this brings up the new big question.

When I include resources into my project, do I include the resources from Ext 2.1, or the resouces from gxt, or both separately, or both mixed together?

Thanks for the help so far.

Jerry

darrellmeyer
26 May 2008, 10:59 AM
GXT uses the Ext 2.1 styles and adds a few extra styles. You should be able to just use GXT styles which are included in the build.