PDA

View Full Version : Extending user defined Models in Architect

EricRicher
17 Aug 2017, 11:47 AM
This may have been answered before so I apologize if this is a repeat question.

In Architect 4, how can I create a model and then using it as a base for another model?

I want to do something like this:

259b

I am trying to avoid having to create user extensions as these models will be only used in this project.

Thanks in advance

petr.vecera
17 Aug 2017, 3:06 PM
Hi

With SA 4.2 you should be able to edit extend config of the class. I think this works also in SA 4.1

Keep in mind that you can edit the "extend" so it should work as expected. But there is no extra support implemented. Let's say when SA offers you automatically the "fields" from the model in the grid or combo-box or something it will not offer you the fields from the base but you can always just write it there manually.

EricRicher
17 Aug 2017, 4:49 PM
Hi

With SA 4.2 you should be able to edit extend config of the class. I think this works also in SA 4.1

Keep in mind that you can edit the "extend" so it should work as expected. But there is no extra support implemented. Let's say when SA offers you automatically the "fields" from the model in the grid or combo-box or something it will not offer you the fields from the base but you can always just write it there manually.

Thanks. I find out that I could do as you suggested right after I posted my thread. I also saw found out that there is no extra support in SA to use the inheritance from the base model.