PDA

View Full Version : ext-react vs. ext-reactor

BennievanderWel
24 Aug 2017, 7:02 AM
Hi, I have a couple of questions.

What is the difference between ext-react and ext-reactor?
Why can I use ext-reactor with my Ext JS license but not ext-react?
Is it possible to use either of these packages without wrapped in the launch function? If no, why is that?

Tnx in advance!

Mark.Brocato
24 Aug 2017, 9:51 AM
What is the difference between ext-react and ext-reactor?

ExtReact and Ext JS are separate products, sold with different options and license models. ExtReact is essentially the Ext JS modern toolkit plus a few other React-specific classes packaged up and delivered via Sencha's private npm registry. There are several packages named @extjs/ext-react* that contain the components that make up ExtReact.

The @extjs/reactor package provides the integration between React and Ext JS by allowing developers to use any Ext JS component as a React component. ExtReact relies on this package, and existing Ext JS customers can also use it add Ext JS components to React apps. The @extjs/reactor package is released under the MIT license.

Why can I use ext-reactor with my Ext JS license but not ext-react?

The main reason is the separate licensing and pricing. In terms of functionality provided to your app, you're not missing anything by using Ext JS + reactor instead of ExtReact. In fact, you have the option to use the classic toolkit as well. One could argue that since Ext JS is a superset of ExtReact, Ext JS customers should just be entitled to both, as it would streamline the process of getting up and running. We're always open to feedback and we may consider something like this in the future.

Is it possible to use either of these packages without wrapped in the launch function? If no, why is that?

Yes it is! See https://github.com/sencha/extjs-reac...readycomponent. The idea is to wrap your top-level ExtReact component in the renderWhenReady HOC, which allows for all of the necessary bootstrapping to occur before rendering the component.

BennievanderWel
24 Aug 2017, 10:47 PM
Wow, awesome answer! I will continue with ext-reactor than.

I'm also going to try wrapping it in the renderWhenReady. Tnx!