PDA

View Full Version : Invalid required fields

sekundek
6 Jun 2008, 1:45 AM
Yesterday i updated 2.0 branch from svn and all forms became acting strange. When displaying form without any data loading all fields marked allowBlank: false is invalid. I trace down when this was changed and I found that this error came up with changes from revision 2132 to 2134.

this.initValue() was moved from onRender to afterRender

Is this behavior normal? I have a lot of fields with allowBlank: false and It's annoying that form is on first show marked with errors.

devnull
6 Jun 2008, 7:54 AM
Thats always been the behavior i have experienced, even in Ext1...

sekundek
8 Jun 2008, 10:22 PM
I try reverting to released 2.1 version and the problem goes away. So this change has something in common. I think if you want to add some data in the form there is no need to mark all fields red before user hit submit.

devnull
9 Jun 2008, 7:56 AM
I guess i misunderstood... are you just showing/rendering a blank form, or are you showing/rendering it then loading a blank record?

sekundek
10 Jun 2008, 9:51 PM
I'm showing just blank page without any data. Only combos are loaded.

sekundek
12 Jun 2008, 10:54 PM
I would say this is a bug, so I'll be glad if developers take a look on this. I already mention when this change happened.

devnull
13 Jun 2008, 6:46 AM
By your description of it, I would have to conclude this as well. But I dont have SVN access so i couldnt say for sure :)