PDA

View Full Version : Previous Progress Dialog

tony.summerville
26 Mar 2007, 12:45 PM
In one of the earlier versions of the MessageBox class (0.4 I think) there were two different flavors of the Progress Dialog; one that just showed an animated gif and one that actually updated. In the latest release, there is only the updating Progress Bar... Any particular reason the other one went away? I think it'd be useful at times too.

Here's an older version:
http://yui-ext.com/playpen/yui-ext.0.40/examples/dialog/msg-box.html

JeffHowden
26 Mar 2007, 12:48 PM
It went away because pressing the ESC key causes all animated gifs that are currently loaded (displayed or even just cached, but not displayed) to stop animating. Unfortunately this is a browser "feature" and not easily circumvented.

Jonathan Feinberg
27 Mar 2007, 9:08 AM
It went away because pressing the ESC key causes all animated gifs that are currently loaded (displayed or even just cached, but not displayed) to stop animating. Unfortunately this is a browser "feature" and not easily circumvented.

An indeterminate progress bar is very useful--I'd go so far as so to say it's "necessary". Perhaps instead of using an animated GIF, one could swap out a few GIFs via a timer task?

MD
5 Jun 2007, 11:04 AM

Sorry, to clarify -- so there's no possible way of a stopEvent()/preventDefault() etc to allow the ESC close on the dialog and catch it before the browser?

Shame though, it would have been nice to keep it in source, but with an accompanying adivsory that it may not work as intended in all browsers (kind of like some of the anim/fade effects under IE7)

jd_porter
6 Jun 2007, 8:35 AM
If you're ok with the ESC key caveat, you can do something like this after MessageBox.progress is called:

Ext.MessageBox.getDialog().getEl().select ('.ext-mb-progress').applyStyles({
'background-image':
"url(progress2.gif)"
})