PDA

View Full Version : Regarding gridpanel horizontal scrolling upon dragging a column

nitinpahwa
1 Jul 2008, 10:59 PM
I have a problem regarding the Grid panel. Ext JS gives the user the flexibility to drag and drop columns within the grid. The problem is that if the grid is more than one pagewidth wide, (i.e. a horizontal scrollbar exists), and the user wants to drag the column on the extreme right of the grid (the horizontal is on the extreme right in this situation) to the extreme left, he cannot do it in one go (i.e. the scrollbar does not automatically scroll towards the left once we try to move the dragged column there). Instead the user has to drop it at a position which is available in the current view, then scroll left and then pick up the column and drag it further.

I could not find a way to implement this. Actually the Ext JS source code probably needs to be changed for this to be implemented.

http://extjs.com/deploy/dev/examples/grid/array-grid.html (http://extjs.com/forum/../deploy/dev/examples/grid/array-grid.html) shows an example of the standard Ext JS grid and this too is void of the functionality we want. Can you please help me out with this issue with either a possible way to solve it, or a suggestion/guidance regarding which direction should I research.

shahbhavin
23 Dec 2008, 8:53 PM
I am also facing the same issue. You got any help for the same? Or can someone please let me know what needs to be done to have the scroll bar scrolling when the column is header is moved from right extreme to right extreme.

Thanks in Advance!

shahbhavin
29 Dec 2008, 10:56 PM
Any help please?

I am also facing the same issue. You got any help for the same? Or can someone please let me know what needs to be done to have the scroll bar scrolling when the column is header is moved from right extreme to right extreme.

Thanks in Advance!

NeonMonk
9 Jan 2009, 7:34 PM
on render:

this.bodyScroller = this.getView().scroller;

and then on.body('mousemove'... use the scroll function in Ext.Element on the this.scroller.