PDA

View Full Version : need help with the grid

Shmitt
21 Jul 2008, 2:19 AM
Hi guys!

Need some help pls with grid:

How i can split one cell of my header grid into 2 rows, and then the second row in 2 columns using ext js?!
If somebody can post some examples or little source code for this?!

Thanks in advance!

mjlecomte
21 Jul 2008, 5:19 AM
Someone has an extension for this, check the extensions section in grid faq in my signature.

Shmitt
21 Jul 2008, 6:51 AM
Thx for replay.

Great faq's, but still having problems with that. I've searched on forums and google for extjs and find that extjs have not implemented colspan and rowspan, like in html :(. So need to figure up with studing more extjs. Still thx for reply.
Also, who can tips me with some framework which support the colspan and rowspan?!:)

Shmitt
21 Jul 2008, 8:34 AM
Having one more problem: having a lot of columns in my grid, which it must fit in the width of the display, and text writed into the header row is too big, so my question is how i can write this text into one cell with multi rows, like this:

|_____|______|______|

Not in the default way: in one line, indiferent how big is it.

Thanks in advance and srry for the dummy questions, i'm a begginer(noobie) here.

devnull
21 Jul 2008, 8:42 AM
inserting some <BR> tags should work.
keep in mind that the grid is, well, a grid, not an html table. the grid is specifically designed for displaying tabular data (usually directly out of a database), while tables are much more flexible. with that in mind, grid really has no use for colspan and rowspan.

Shmitt
21 Jul 2008, 9:54 AM
Thanks, i've figured it up with the <br> tag. And also thx for the tip aboute difference between grid and html table. In fact i'am trying to read data from a database and place it into the grid, the problem is that this grid have a lot of columns and its realy big, this are the rules. Whatever thx, i'll trying to figure it up.

Regards !