PDA

View Full Version : IE6 PNG fix breaks windows and buttons in ExtJs 2.2

kekoav
18 Aug 2008, 2:20 PM
I have just upgraded to 2.2 from 2.0.1, and found that my windows and buttons are all messed up in IE6.

The window decorative border was all jacked up, looked like images were missing. Also buttons in windows could not be clicked with the mouse, but can be activated by tabbing, and using the keyboard to press.

I tracked the problem down to the iepngfix.htc (http://www.twinhelix.com/css/iepngfix/) that I was using to fix PNG transparency. When I disabled this add-in, the windows rendered properly, restoring the proper behavior that I knew and loved.

Sadly, my PNG images now look very bad, and I would like to find a solution. Does anyone know of an ExtJs 2.2-compatible PNG transparency fix for IE6? I don't know why this would change in 2.2, maybe someone out there could comment on why this is now breaking?

kekoav
18 Aug 2008, 2:38 PM
Update: I found that modifying the CSS that TwinHelix gives provides better results, I removed the div from getting the behavior applied to it, so now my CSS went from:

img, div { behavior: url(iepngfix.htc) }to

img { behavior: url(iepngfix.htc) }I suppose the behavior was interfering with the layouts of ExtJs. So now my images look fine in IMG tags, but not as background images of divs. This is a good step, however, I would still like my background images to be transparent.