PDA

View Full Version : Rename 7.0 to 6.8

dawesi
3 Aug 2019, 6:52 PM
Please rename this release to 6.8, then release 7.0 with a bang.

This is ExtJS's last chance to be taken seriously during a release, and this is far from what anyone expected.

Rename the release, fire the product manager and do this professionally and properly instead of this continued half release crap that has happened for 5 years (same product manager making same mistakes)

hbulens
9 Aug 2019, 1:30 AM
I agree, this is vintage Sencha. It's such a shame though as they have a potentially fantastic product suite.

branflake2267
14 Aug 2019, 3:35 PM
In regards to the renaming:
Thanks for the feedback. I know how you feel about the 7.0 release, I've been in that boat too. We have some exciting investments in R&D happening with coming features. I'll have more to share about that soon, as we're prepping our roadmap update.

In regards to Froala:
Thanks for the feedback on froala! I'll see what we can do to offer Froala in Classic. I'll aim to get that into the docs for the release coming up towards the end of the month.

Thanks for the feedkback!

Brandon Donnelson
Sencha Product Manager

Necro-Engineering
20 Aug 2019, 9:05 PM
I also agree.. having been invested since 3.x this trend over the last few years has been really disheartening and has made us re-evaluate our investment. For the first time in 10+ years we're looking at alternatives. I love ExtJS, but Sencha needs to get their priorities back on track and get the community engagement and product quality/advancement back on track as well as it's been way off since 5.x.

branflake2267
20 Aug 2019, 9:16 PM
I also agree.. having been invested since 3.x this trend over the last few years has been really disheartening and has made us re-evaluate our investment. For the first time in 10+ years we're looking at alternatives. I love ExtJS, but Sencha needs to get their priorities back on track and get the community engagement and product quality/advancement back on track as well as it's been way off since 5.x.

Thanks for your feedback! We're looking forward to climbing the mountain and do just that. I hear the pain points, and I agree we have some work to do. What I can say at the moment, we have some exciting things in the works and we're also ramping up to finish the year strong. Not to say we're not stopping there either. I'll have more to share in a few weeks too.

Brandon Donnelson
Sencha Product Manager