PDA

View Full Version : Packages, Build your own ext, etc.

Darklight
17 Apr 2007, 6:07 AM
before i delve into ext i'm trying to figure out the best way to include all necessary files.

now Build your own ext or just including the package files seems like a good way to go, but doesn't this add a lot of bandwidth if let's say, you have one page that needs "form" and "button", another page that requires only "tree", a third page with "tabs", etc.
each of these packages includes some core code after all, which gets reloaded with every package.

coming from yui, including the yahoo-dom-event-min.js file and then just adding the required "packages" (container, animation, etc.) seemed pretty logical and like a good way to go.
of course, loading multiple js files, lots of images, css files, etc. on one site also slows things down as well (i've seen Jack comment on this too), but at least leaves the core code cached for subsequent pages and saves bandwidth.

so i'm basically just trying to start a conversation which would be the optimal way to go. i'm guessing it depends on the site and situation...

tryanDLS
17 Apr 2007, 6:56 AM
The 'build your own Ext' dialog has been updated to support 1.0 http://extjs.com/download/build