View Full Version : print preview destroys me

7 Nov 2006, 5:48 PM
So when you do print preview (at least in firefox and seamonkey on Windows - so assuming the Gecko rendering engine) and then press cancel, everything goes to hell. It works fine in IE6 and Opera9. I haven't tried IE7.

The header gets partially hidden, all the panels (not center) are sort of hidden.... it's strange. Try the rss feed reader http://www.jackslocum.com/blog/examples/feed-viewer/ or the page I'm working on http://zpao.com/yuiext/layout_4.html
I'm using .33 beta 4

Your homepage however, works perfectly fine. Maybe it only effects more complicated layouts.

7 Nov 2006, 6:58 PM
Sounds like a bug in Gecko. How does it actually print?

7 Nov 2006, 10:45 PM
I'm thinking that it might have little to do with the Gecko Engine, and more with how Mozilla has implemented Print Preview... I'll have to test a few other JS heavy sites with a lot of JS rendered content and see what if it's ext exclusive.

I may try simplifying this down until I can find a point that it becomes destroyed, see if there might be something in the ext js that is messing it up (however unlikely)

How does it actually print?
The sites look OK printed, unless your content scrolls.
No matter what, it only fills 75% of a landscaped page, with the other 25% being the background color (blue or gray depending on 'theme'). So if you have content that fills more than a page (ie: your blog), then it just cuts it. Try it yourself.

And if you don't want to waste paper (I don't), then install PrimoPDF http://www.primopdf.com/ and just print to PDF.