PDA

View Full Version : Sprites caching

alexb
8 Nov 2006, 1:57 AM
Hi Jack,

Haven't visited your site for couple of weeks and missed quite a lot!

I noticed the following issue with tab panel and sprites. Every time there is mouseover, there is a request to a server which replies that the image hasn't changed.

Is is possible to eliminate it?

The 2nd thing is just a suggestion: I think it was in the documentation for the basic dialog widget that the script is looking for specific css classes. Is it possible to have a static collection of thise classes by default and have a chance to override them if necessary? Like this:

BDialog.CSSClasses = {
header: 'smth',
footer : 'smth'
}

BDialog = function(cfg){
this.classses = cfg.classes || BDialog.CSSClasses;
}

jack.slocum
8 Nov 2006, 5:13 AM
It's possible to implement the classes but I'd prefer not to. Is there a reason you need this? The reason I would prefer not to is then I'd have to do it everywhere and it would result is a) ugly code, b) code bloat. If you have a good reason though I don't see why it can't be done.

For the tab mouseover issue (I'm assuming this is in IE), there's a file ie-bg.js in the examples directory of the download that will correct it.

alexb
8 Nov 2006, 9:56 PM
Yes, I downloaded beta 4 and it's ok now.

The reason me asking for classes was that you deviated from the standard yahoo naming convention for classes: hd for header, bd and ft. Just curious: why did you do that?

I have a number of dialogs already designed and if I wanted to use your basic dialog, I'd have to change css classes

Thanks,
Alex

jack.slocum
9 Nov 2006, 1:55 AM
Too many CSS collisions. Having the same class on everything was causing too many hidden rendering problems that are difficult to track.