PDA

View Full Version : Problem including Ext Js and Yui

ticex
20 Apr 2007, 2:06 AM
Hi everyone!

I have been creating an web application for some month now, and yesterday I decide to integrate Ext Js to it. But i have problem with the inclusion of Ext Js and Yui lib.

I have tried in another project and that work just fine, but i don't know whats going wrong within this project. I include it like this:

<script type="text/javascript" src="/public/ext-1.0/adapter/yui/yui-utilities.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/public/ext-1.0/adapter/yui/ext-yui-adapter.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/public/ext-1.0/ext-all-debug.js"></script> And all the files is included, but then i get this error in firebug:

missing } after property list
chrome://firebug/content/blank.gifExt.DomHelper = function(){\n
And if i delete the Ext.DomHelper is will be the same error but within the next function. The project its build with php, smarty and Zend Framework.

I also have an .htaccess file that looks like this:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule !\.(js|ico|gif|jpg|png|css)$ index.php

php_flag magic_quotes_gpc offI hope someone can help me, thanks.

20 Apr 2007, 7:31 AM
Can you access each file using a browser?
http://yoursite/public/ext-1.0/adapter/yui/yui-utilities.js ?

ticex
23 Apr 2007, 5:24 AM
Can you access each file using a browser?
http://yoursite/public/ext-1.0/adapter/yui/yui-utilities.js ?

Its no problem, I can view them all.

ticex
26 Apr 2007, 11:45 AM
I have tried and tried, cant get the problem fixed.

I have tried prototype an query also, same problem there. It is something with DomHelper.

Firebug say this:

ERROR missing } after property list
Ext.DomHelper = function(){\n

tryanDLS
26 Apr 2007, 12:07 PM
Are you including the YUI library before or after the 3 Ext js files? Do you even need YUI - are you doing something that uses their widgets? Are you including code that modifies Array.prototype or Object.prototype? Can you post a small example that duplicates the problem?

dfenwick
26 Apr 2007, 12:10 PM
I have tried and tried, cant get the problem fixed.

I have tried prototype an query also, same problem there. It is something with DomHelper.

Firebug say this:

ERROR missing } after property list
Ext.DomHelper = function(){\n

The only time I used to get this is when I was building from the SVN code. At one point there was a distribution that had a bug in the ext-all-debug.js file that had this same error. Have you tried downloading the 1.0 code again?

ticex
8 May 2007, 1:22 AM
Are you including the YUI library before or after the 3 Ext js files? Do you even need YUI - are you doing something that uses their widgets? Are you including code that modifies Array.prototype or Object.prototype? Can you post a small example that duplicates the problem?

<script type="text/javascript" src="/public/javascript/ext/yui-utilities.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/public/javascript/ext/ext-yui-adapter.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/public/javascript/ext/ext-all.js"></script>

This files is what I including right now. Do I need to include some other files? I have downloaded the yui 2.2.2, do I need to include some files from there?

I have tried the new 1.0.1 also, and it change nothing. I am sorry if its a simple error, but i cant find it.

tryanDLS
8 May 2007, 9:05 AM
Use Firebug to verify that your js files are getting properly included.

ticex
9 May 2007, 12:41 AM
Use Firebug to verify that your js files are getting properly included.

I can view all three from Firebug.