PDA

View Full Version : Mouse Did Not Scrolls Over a Grid

khrysller
20 Apr 2007, 8:56 AM
Hi : )

I am new to this and i am testing the grid component. I see a strange situation when the grid exceeds the screen size vertically. When you press the mouse middle button (also know as netscroll and others names) the grid did no scroll. I have tested this in the example here:

http://extjs.com/deploy/ext/examples/grid/from-markup.html

To see the situation, make your browser window short enough to create scrollbars and try scroll up or down while your mouse is above the grid.

Can someone tells me if this is 'normal'?

Thanks in advanced.

20 Apr 2007, 10:10 AM
i was able to reproduce. i found that the page would not scroll either. i wonder if he's doing event catching. :-\

khrysller
23 Apr 2007, 10:31 AM
Hi dj,

Thanks for testing it too...
I am looking for if this is by design or it

khrysller
25 Apr 2007, 6:54 AM
MODs,

Sorry for bumping this... but it

khrysller
10 May 2007, 11:39 AM
Can some MOD give a reply on this? I don

tryanDLS
10 May 2007, 11:47 AM
I don't see a problem with this in IE6/7 or FF2 using 1.0.1a code.

khrysller
10 May 2007, 11:56 AM
I tried this example:

http://extjs.com/deploy/ext/examples/grid/from-markup.html

And I think it

tryanDLS
10 May 2007, 12:16 PM
I would assume the site is using the latest code. I'm not sure that this is a code issue as opposed to mouse driver issue. On my Dell laptop with builtin mouse, scrolling doesn't work correctly or consistently in IE or FF using the site or a local copy. On 2 other PCs with normal mice, it works fine in either browser. Perhaps someone else can do some testing.

jack.slocum
10 May 2007, 12:26 PM
So you are saying that when the mouse is over the grid, the page doesn't scroll? If that is what you are saying, that is by design. Imagine you are scrolling in the grid and you reach the end or beginning and the page starts scrolling - that is irritating. It works similar to an HTML select that captures the mouse wheel when it is expanded.

khrysller
10 May 2007, 12:48 PM
So you are saying that when the mouse is over the grid, the page doesn't scroll? If that is what you are saying, that is by design. Imagine you are scrolling in the grid and you reach the end or beginning and the page starts scrolling - that is irritating. It works similar to an HTML select that captures the mouse wheel when it is expanded.

Hi jack..

Think in a page with a table in 100% in height and width... all the page has a table with X columns and Y rows, rows a lot... sufficient to create a scrollbar...

Now, I am getting to acess this page.. and i wanna scroll to check the others rows... if there is no 'clean' space in the page... Ext seens to do not allow the scroll of data.

In the image I've posted shows the situation, if U don

jack.slocum
10 May 2007, 12:52 PM
Like I said, it is intentional. If you need scrolling of the rows, why not use the grids built in scrolling?

khrysller
10 May 2007, 12:58 PM
Like I said, it is intentional. If you need scrolling of the rows, why not use the grids built in scrolling?

Jack,

I think we are talking about 2 differente things here...

1: The scrollbar from the browser
2: The scroll button in the mouse (that one in the middle of the right and left)

Using the scroll button from the mouse isn

tryanDLS
10 May 2007, 1:10 PM
If you don't click the Create button, there is no scrollable content within the page, so the scroll event bubbles up to the browser and scrolls the viewport. Once you click the button and create the grid, you have a scrollable area inside the viewport. Mouse scrolling while over the grid will be passed to the grid as they should be. Mouse scrolling in a blank area will be passed to the browser and the viewport will be scrolled, as it should be. However, this behavior is flaky in some situations because SOME mouse drivers don't properly pass the scroll events to the browser and/or different versions of some browsers don't handle the scroll events right and pass the event to the target. The middle mouse button is a cool feature, but it's historically been poorly implemented. It's not an Ext thing - I'm running the same code on multiple PCs/browsers/mice and it's not consistent - even between the same version of FF and 2 different mice.

khrysller
17 Aug 2007, 9:40 AM
What i am trying to tell since the beginning of this thread is: Why doesn

rightondev
17 Aug 2007, 10:14 AM
This might help:

http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11281

By the way, Ext 2.0 seems to no longer have this problem.

Now if only someone could help me to do this:
http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11376

khrysller
17 Aug 2007, 10:32 AM
Thanks man.. this really help me ^^