PDA

View Full Version : [1.0-1.0.1a] problem with shims

Nullity
3 May 2007, 10:47 AM
In Ext.js, the Ext.useShims global is defined as:

useShims : ((isIE && !isIE7) || (isGecko && isMac))
This causes the variable to be set to 'true' on Firefox for the Mac. After some browser compatibility testing with my project (Firefox 2.0.0.3/Mac OS X 10.3 and 10.4), this setting causes all scrollbars to disappear. To fix the problem, I had to change it to:

useShims : (isIE && !isIE7)
... as in, it needed to be 'false' for Firefox on the Mac.

In addition, after setting Ext.useShims to false to get my scrollbars back, if I have a dialog over top of a scrollbar, the scrollbar shows through the dialog header, but not the body (example image attached below).

Now the weird thing is, these problems do not exist on the examples, the scroll bars there show up fine; therefore, I don't think that it is a bug. Has anyone run across any similar problems? I have no idea what would be causing it.

douglash
13 Jun 2007, 6:25 AM
I am having the same problem with the scrollbars displaying on top of the dialog. Does anyone have any suggestions?

paulkavan
13 Jul 2007, 3:07 PM
I'm using Mac OS X firefox 2.0.0.4, I am using the approach suggested above, but see the scroll bars through the dialog title/header up to the body.

I have tried using the Shims as suggested by ( http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1089&highlight=firefox+scrollbars ), but then i have disappearing scroll bars.

Has anyone figured this out?