PDA

View Full Version : fit scrollbars in grid cell with custom renderer

tab
3 May 2007, 1:02 PM
I can put a list in grid cell using a custom renderer. (Ext is so cool!) but I want the vertical scroll bar to fit into the cell. What happens is that a horizontal scrollbar is created and if I scroll over I can see the vertical bars. Maybe the fix is obvious to someone with more experience but not to me! Here is the renderer:

function cprender(val,cell,record,row,column,ds)
{

var x = '<div style="overflow:auto;"><select name="Morefruit" size="4"><div style="overflow:hidden;"><option selected>Apples</option>';
x += '<option>Bananas</option><option>Oranges</option><option>Watermelon</option>';
x += '<option>Kiwi</option></div></select></div>';
return x;
}

Get cell size? Then do something with it?
Thanks

jsakalos
3 May 2007, 2:36 PM
I would consider using combo editor in this case.

jsakalos
3 May 2007, 2:39 PM
Some more thoughts....

Renderer RENDERS data, combo is an input of data. That would mean I wouldn't put combo in renderer as user could be confused that he/she can edit the value. I would use combo in the editor only.

By the way, have you watched those 2 screencasts on grid that you can find somewhere in this forum?

tryanDLS
3 May 2007, 2:53 PM
I don't think you're gonna have much success making that do what you want x-browser. I would suggest that use a combo control - see the edit-grid example.

matjaz
4 May 2007, 2:09 AM
Div tag inside of select ?
This isn't even a valid HTML !

jsakalos
4 May 2007, 5:21 AM
Sorry, I don't understand your last post.

That what looks like select element in Ext is much more than simple html select element. Use firebug to find out.