PDA

View Full Version : UI loading hangs when trasferring data from extjs.com?!?!

kimu
10 May 2007, 12:37 AM
Something very odd is happening to an application I've made with extjs.
When the user interface loads for the first time, loading process hangs also for a whole minute and on FF status bar appears "...transferring data from extjs.com...".

So, I really don't understand where and why my application, with local extjs library, should connect to extjs.com to fetch some data, but maybe someone have an explaination for this.

I would understand if I'm so crazy to have request a connection to extjs.com without knowing it, or if really extjs do it. And if is so, what kind of data transfers?!

exo
10 May 2007, 12:44 AM
http://extjs.com/deploy/ext/docs/output/Ext.html#BLANK_IMAGE_URL

kimu
10 May 2007, 12:54 AM
http://extjs.com/deploy/ext/docs/output/Ext.html#BLANK_IMAGE_URL

Thank you for the fast reply.
I don't understand why it hangs then (for 60 seconds at least). This should be a very small image.

exo
10 May 2007, 12:59 AM
Dunno really, maybe because the Ext server is getting slow from a lot of requests for that image.

What you should really do is save that image to your own webserver/harddisk and in your application change the path to the variable. Also, are you using Firebug? That makes it somewhat slower too.

kimu
10 May 2007, 1:14 AM
What you should really do is save that image to your own webserver/harddisk and in your application change the path to the variable. Also, are you using Firebug? That makes it somewhat slower too.

I've done it, but the application hangs the same. Maybe the problem wasn't the image, I'll check it.
I use firebug but never had performance problems, not so big anyway.

tudisco
10 May 2007, 7:45 AM
When I have firebug activated, it can hang for a while.

jsakalos
10 May 2007, 10:35 AM
I had similar problem an finally I discovered that I initialized 100+ drag sources and 100+ drop targets at the load time. The app only looked hanged; it was doing that init in fact.

I've removed this initialization and now it works fast.

Anyway, you can use firebug's profiler to find out if it's your app performance issue or data transfer from server issue.