PDA

View Full Version : Documentation Bugs - Ext 2.x

Pages : [1] 2 3

mystix
27 Sep 2007, 10:57 PM
This thread is solely for reporting bugs in the Ext 2.x documentation. (currently available here (http://www.extjs.com/docs/))

Some things to note

post only documentation bugs
always CTRL+F BEFORE posting
i will regularly update the list below to reflect all verified doc issues reported in this thread
where possible, i will include a [link] to the original post / a place in the docs where the problem is evident
you might also want to take a look at this thread before posting

Ext Documentation Team members:
please mark all resolved issues with a strikethrough using the tags. thanks.

mystix
28 Sep 2007, 6:05 AM
All Classes

"The online version of ext2.0a1 does not have a src/ folder. All links to the source code are redirected to the front page." [link]

Seemingly throughout the docs, I see things like this:

{@link Ext.Element Element}

...rather than an actual link to the item listed. And yet in other places, the links work fine. I don't recall this from the alpha1 docs, but it's all over the beta1 docs. The Panel.header and Panel.footer properties are examples, but again, it's a general thing.

BTW, you're doing great work on the docs, folks. Substantial improvements between alpha1 and beta1, really obvious progress.

Class Ext.ComponentMgr

incorrect return type for method get [link]
-- should be Ext.Component

Class Ext.data.Connection

missing closing quote in anchor tag found in description of event requestexception [link[/]
extraParams should be params [[post=83550]link] - Both are included and valid

Class Ext.data.Field

missing docs [link] - Marked private with comment

Class Ext.data.JsonReader

incorrect description for method readRecords [link]
-- "... an XML document" should be "a JSON object" instead

Class Ext.data.Store

Ext.data.Store's "find" method has this in the summary at the top: "Returns a new collection that has been filtered." It actually returns the index of the record, or -1 (which it correctly says later under "Return"). [link]
Description needs to be updated: "The Store class encapsulates a client side cache of Ext.data.Record objects which provide input data for widgets such as the Ext.grid.GridPanel, or the Ext.form.ComboBox." [link]

Class Ext.Element

Inconsistencies with get/setLeft/Top [link This is NOT bug, but rather a design decision.]
Since it's optional, can the default value for the loadScripts parameter in the update method be specified? [link]

Class Ext.form.Action

messed up description for method submit [link]
configs method, success and failure still reference deprecated Ext.form.Form class [link]

Class Ext.form.CheckBox

missing config inputValue [link] - This appears to be a doc parser issue. Following up.

Class Ext.form.ComboBox

typo in description for config displayField [link]
-- "The underlying data field name to bind to this CombBox..."
missing config hiddenId

Class Ext.form.FormPanel

Various inherited members need to be @hidden
bodyStyle states it's expecting a boolean instead of a an object. [link] - This is inherited from Panel and is defined as String/Object/Fn

Class Ext.form.FormPanel

missing property form [link] - SKIPPED - form is private, getForm() should be used

Class Ext.form.Radio

missing config inputValue [link] - SKIPPED - Inherited from CheckBox, will be fixed when it is fixed

Class Ext.grid.ColumnModel

Doesn't mention the editor option needed to use with EditorGridPanel [link]
"Just as a favour for newbies, Ext.grid.ColumnModel's "renderer" config option (and "setRenderer" method) might mention that Ext.util.Format has various useful goodies..." [link]

Class Ext.grid.EditorGrid

Docs show trackMouseOver as a config entry, but show it defaults to true, which is not the case. [link] - It is inherited from Panel and overridden in EditorGrid to false because it causes errors in FF. It has now been hidden so it should not show up as a valid EditorGrid config.

Class Ext.grid.GridPanel

missing GridPanel constructor
description for config maxRowsToMeasure still refers to deprecated autoSizeColumns config from Ext 1.1.1 [link]
incorrect description for config trackMouseOver [link]
-- should be "Default is true."
GridPanel.ddGroup is not documented. [link]

Class Ext.grid.GroupingView

missing config showGroupName [link]
-- incorrect documented as "hideGroupedColumn" in GroupingView.js (probably a copy-paste error)
getGroupId should return the id of the group - not void. [link]

Class Ext.layout.FormLayout

reference to Ext.FormPanel brings to a broken link. I think it should be Ext.form.FormPanel instead. [link]

Class Ext.PagingToolbar

missing config store [link]
incorrect default value for config displayMsg [link]
-- should be "Displaying {0} - {1} of {2}"

Class Ext.Panel

typo in description for config autoLoad [link]
-- "If autoLoad is not null, the panel will attempt to laod its contents immediately upon render."
document parser error for config keys [link]
-- "A KeyMap config object (in the format expected by in the format expected by {@link Ext.KeyMap#addBinding) used to assign custom key handling..."
typo in description for config shadow [link]
-- "[...] Note that this option opnly applies when floating = true."
incorrect return type for property bodyStyle [link]
-- should be "String", not "boolean"
typo in description for config shim [link]
-- "...Note that this option opnly applies..."
incorrect type for config bodyStyles [link]
-- should be String/Object/Function
incorrect description for config tbar [link]
-- should be "...This can be either an Ext.Toolbar object or an array of buttons/button configs..."
typo in description for config elements [link]
-- "...Valid values are: 'header,' 'body,' 'footer,' 'tbar' (top bar) abd 'bbar' (bottom bar)..."
typo in the description of Ext.Panel's setTitle method: "Sets the title text for the panel and optioanlly the icon class." [link]
Panel.draggable needs to be added -- can contain also drag config object; it is {Boolean/Object} type. [link]

Class Ext.QuickTip
Class Ext.QuickTips

missing docs [link]

Class Ext.Resizable

missing event beforeresize [link]
missing event resize [link]

Class Ext.TabPanel

"TabPanel does not list its own members. ie click on the "hide inherited members" and the only one that shows up is the constructor." [link]
missing method setActiveTab [link]
Config Option enableTabScroll: Number - Should be boolean? [link]
"The docs for the TabPanel contain config items that do not apply to a tab panel" [link]

header
headerAsText
title

TabPanel's tab's config options (tabTip, closable, etc) are not documented [link]

Class Ext.Tip

missing docs [link]

Class Ext.Toolbar

messed up constructor + parameters for method insertButton [link]
The "items" config option of Ext.Toolbar isn't documented [link]

Class Ext.ToolTip

missing docs [link]

Class Ext.tree.TreeLoader

missing config requestMethod [link]

Class Ext.tree.TreePanel

"Also, what is the difference between 'applyTo' and 'renderTo' and how are they different from the 'el' option? I tried both of these and received errors." [link] - This actually applies to Ext.Component

Class Ext.form.TriggerField

Change example to: trigger.applyToMarkup('my-field'); [link]

Class Ext.util.MixedCollection

"The documentation for both the constructor and getKey() should point out that the default getKey function is:" [link]

function(o) {
return o.id;
}

Over in this thread (http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4669) Jack said he'd added some further params suggested by papasi to the Ext.util.MixedCollection.each method, and indeed the latest source has those new params (index and length), but the docs still talk about the "first and only" parameter... [link]

Class Ext.util.Observable

typo in addListener method's delay config [link]
-- "delay {Number} The number of milliseconds to delay the invocation of the handler after te event fires." ("te" should be "the")
missing config listeners [link]

Class Ext.Updater

There seems to be a parsing problem with Updater.update().

update( Object/String/Function url, , [Function callback], ) : void
Performs an asynchronous request, updating this element with the response. If params are specified it uses POST, othe...
Performs an asynchronous request, updating this element with the response. If params are specified it uses POST, otherwise it uses GET.

NB: Due to the asynchronous nature of remote server requests, the returned data will not be available to the line immediately following the load() call. To process the returned data, use the callback option, or an [B]{@link #event-update update} event handler.

options.params formatting: "If tt>true any <>script> tags embedded in the response text will be extracted and executed. ...."
Docs for configs discardUrl, nocache, text and scripts are missing. The indentation of the options that are present is not quite right too.
Typo in update example: "scripts: false // Save time by avoiding RexExp execution."
Usage example at top has: "mgr.update("http://myserver.com/index.php", "param1=1&param2=2");" -- It doesn't look like that parameter pattern is supported by the update docs. Either the example is wrong or the update method docs are missing something. [[post=86378]link] - Both formats are supported, but to avoid confusion, I changed the example to the newer config format

Samples / Examples

Forms - Customizing:Search Field [link]
-- "Typing in Test will give a 2 page result, but when clicking next page, you would see the total pages changing from 2 to 84." [link]

LayoutManagers - Complex: in the Center Panel tab, the "Toggle the west region" link does nothing.

LayoutManagers - Customizing:Portals

There are some properties and other things used in the Portal layout example (examples/layout/portal.js) that aren't documented in the API documentation (or in many cases the code):

[S]1. Panel.body property. Looking at Panel.js, there's an accessor method for it called getLayoutTarget, but that's got a comment above it saying it's private. It's documented now in beta1.

2. ddScrollConfig (both it and its members). Seems to be used by the ScrollManager for this and that, recommend adding it either in the ScrollManager summary or to the description of the register method (or both).

3. Panel.bwrap property.

4. DragSource.proxy property.

Misc / Requests

"Also, is there going to be a "Print Friendly" link on each page like the 1.1.1 docs? Sometimes it is handy to print out a section." [link]

"Additional Tree-related issues: (these are from an Ext newbie trying to learn this stuff)" [link]

There's no description at all for the TreeNode and AsyncTreeNode (same in version 1.x docs). Describe the use and difference between the two. Please don't leave it to the user to figure it out for themselves.
The description of AsynchTreeLoader.loader says that it 'defaults to the loader defined on the tree'. How do you define a loader for the tree? There's no options, properties, or methods of a Tree to do that.
If you can create a checkbox for a tree node, how can you assign a value to that checkbox?

It seems like there is alot more config options for components than I can find in the Ext 2.0 docs. I can find many examples that uses: region, minSize, split, margins, el and contentEl. I think I have seen more too, and the advice I get if it's used in an example I should to, but it would be nice to know what these options do.. I've searched the forums and I can't find any relevant posts about it, but I've just started with Ext so I am sorry if this is something obvious I just don't get..

It would be nice if the online documentation system reported its minor version number in the top of page banner. This was the reason for my doc bug report above not having a version in the title.

Something like "Ext 2.0 (beta 1) - API Documentation"

BTW, the help system can be improved so it is possible to build diret links to a config option, property or method. I would think something like http://extjs.com/deploy/dev/docs/?class=Ext.Window#Ext.Window-html would work, but it doesn't. It seems to put the page in an eternal "Loading" mode.

Class Ext.ComponentMgr

Documentation for methods in Ext.ComponentMgr are missing.
registerType(xtype, cls) and create(config, defaultType).
The shorthand for Ext.ComponentMgr.registerType = Ext.reg is not documented.

Maybe these are intended to be private methods and shorthands although registerType seems essential to adding new components and user extensions.

Class Ext.form.BasicForm

The summary for BasicForm talks about overriding the onSubmit method if you want to do a "normal" form submission, but the onSubmit method isn't documented and is marked "private" in the source.

Class Ext.form.FormPanel

Ext.form.FormPanel's documentation should discuss the 'items' config option as it relates to FormPanel (see this thread (http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14562)). It's currently inheriting the Component documentation, which doesn't help you figure out what it's going to do with the configs and specifically how it's going to map configs to classes.

In the summary for Ext.form.FormPanel, I recommend adding a link to Ext.form.Action.Submit so users can readily see the format for the JSON return data for the response to the default form submission feature (which is really cool).

Class Ext.grid.CheckboxSelectionModel

I think the documentation for CheckboxSelectionModel's header config option could be updated to be a bit more clear.
http://extjs.com/deploy/dev/docs/?class=Ext.grid.CheckboxSelectionModel&member=header

It leads one to believe that simply changing the header config will remove the checker image in the header. This is not the case because the id must be changed as well (to change the css class name).

Class Ext.KeyMap
"BTW, the same problem happens with Ext.form.BasicForm.addBinding." [link]

FireFox 2.0.0.7
Mac OS X 10.4

Link: http://extjs.com/deploy/ext-2.0-alpha1/docs/?class=Ext.KeyMap&member=addBinding

Clicking on the row expander for Ext.KeyMap.addBinding causes all of the row expanders in the methods section to disappear.

mystix
28 Sep 2007, 6:07 AM
Dont know where to put this because its not in the documentations but in the samples ... sorry if im putting it in the wrong section.

In the 2.0 Sample Custom Fields

http://extjs.com/deploy/ext-2.0-alpha1/examples/form/custom.html

When changing page after a search has been done, the whole search result will revert to a default search results page.

Example:

Typing in Test will give a 2 page result, but when clicking next page, you would see the total pages changing from 2 to 84.

reposting @Idle's bug report.

[edit]
added to the list.

devnull
28 Sep 2007, 11:28 AM
2.0 alpha 1 docs - http://extjs.com/deploy/ext-2.0-alpha1/docs/?class=Ext.TabPanel
TabPanel does not list its own members.
ie click on the "hide inherited members" and the only one that shows up is the constructor.

brian.moeskau
28 Sep 2007, 2:32 PM
FYI -- the 2.0 docs are known to be not fully complete as of today (they are about 80-90% right now for new 2.0 stuff), but some things we just haven't gotten to yet. However, I hope that some of you 1.0 "old-timers" will appreciate how much there is now vs. when 1.0 alpha came out... ;)

Also, there are still some doc issues from 1.1 that have not yet been addressed that will also carry over to 2.0, so if you can, please verify first that it's not already listed in the 1.1 thread: http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10476

The 1.1 doc issues will all be addressed prior to 2.0 final release, so with 2.0, hopefully we'll get to a pretty clean slate and be able to keep it that way. Thanks for your patience, and please continue letting us know about any issues you find!

(PS: I'll update this thread when the 2.0 docs are "content-complete".)

devnull
29 Sep 2007, 9:29 AM
I see ;)
Do you still want reports of missing stuff then, or do you already have a list?
I do very much like the new docs interface, kudos to you guys for designing that!

brian.moeskau
29 Sep 2007, 9:45 AM
Feel free to post any issues you find. I was just more providing a status update on where the docs stand currently.

stever
29 Sep 2007, 3:49 PM
In form.Action.load:

A response packet must contain a boolean data property. The Ext.form.Field.setValue method.

Huh?

Maybe:

"A response packet must contain a boolean success property, and if successful also a non-null data property used to fill fields via the Ext.form.Field.setValue method."

danh2000
29 Sep 2007, 7:27 PM
Hi,

The PropertyGrid has no documentation - although you may not have got to it yet if you are still working on docs.

Thanks,

Dan

Animal
29 Sep 2007, 11:20 PM
The Ext.form.Action classes contained a lot of typos, these have been fixed in SVN.

evant
30 Sep 2007, 2:17 AM
Though you guys probably know, the /tips directory is missing from the documentation.

lvanderree
1 Oct 2007, 2:46 AM
In extjs2.0 the grid autoSizeColumns property has been removed.

An explanation in the introduction of the grid, about using the view for this (instead) would be in place I think.

An example:
this.grid = new Ext.grid.EditorGridPanel({
ds: this.ds,
cm: this.cm,
view: new Ext.grid.GridView({
forceFit: true,
autoFill: true
}),

Besides autoSizeColumns is still mentioned in: http://extjs.com/deploy/ext-2.0-alph...dPanel-configs (http://extjs.com/forum/../deploy/ext-2.0-alpha1/docs/#Ext.grid.GridPanel-configs)

at maxRowsToMeasure : Boolean
If autoSizeColumns is on, maxRowsToMeasure can be used to limit the number of rows measured to get a columns size - defaults to 0 (all rows).

lvanderree
1 Oct 2007, 4:58 AM
The documentation about the PagingToolbar misses the config option store, which is pretty important... And the text below the config option displayMsg is incorrect.

http://extjs.com/deploy/ext-2.0-alpha1/docs/output/Ext.PagingToolbar.html

The content of the method 'bind' seems appropriate for the store option:
Binds the paging toolbar to the specified Ext.data.Store (http://extjs.com/forum/../deploy/ext-2.0-alpha1/docs/output/Ext.data.Store.html)

displayMsg does not allow tags {start},{end},{total}, but should be {0}, {1}, {2}, maybe you can use {'start'},{'end'},{'total'} I did not take a look at that, but I think that could be nice.

it now says:
displayMsg : String The paging status message to display (defaults to "Displaying {start} - {end} of {total}")

example:

pagingToolbar = new Ext.PagingToolbar({
store: ds,
pageSize: 10,
displayInfo: true,
displayMsg: 'Displaying results {0} - {1} of {2}',
emptyMsg: 'No results to display'
});

young_matthewd
1 Oct 2007, 5:26 AM
ran into declaration error when loading ext-all.js

"this.el has no properties
file:///C:/workshop/matrix-2.0/leveransvy/external/ext-2.0-alpha1/ext-all.js
Line 58"

running the debug version throws the same error but later on in the library. note, the error only occurs with the downloaded documentation loaded into both Firefox/IE from an file URL (locally). going at the online documentation works fine. not at work where we have active X disabled. so the offline docs are pretty important for me.

/ matthew

mystix
1 Oct 2007, 7:36 AM
ran into declaration error when loading ext-all.js

"this.el has no properties
file:///C:/workshop/matrix-2.0/leveransvy/external/ext-2.0-alpha1/ext-all.js
Line 58"

running the debug version throws the same error but later on in the library. note, the error only occurs with the downloaded documentation loaded into both Firefox/IE from an file URL (locally). going at the online documentation works fine. not at work where we have active X disabled. so the offline docs are pretty important for me.

/ matthew

the docs work via XHR.
as such, you'll need to run them off a webserver. are you doing this?

smcguire36
1 Oct 2007, 8:00 AM
The QuickTips class documentation that did exist in the 1.1.1 docs is missing.

Also, is there going to be a "Print Friendly" link on each page like the 1.1.1 docs? Sometimes it is handy to print out a section.

--Stewart McGuire

young_matthewd
1 Oct 2007, 9:41 AM
alright....

mystix, didn't realize that the docs require XHR calls. thought everything worked off of relative paths to pull data (not XHR for retrival of content). just to double check since the error seemed like a declaration problem.

why deliver the docs offline to be published by the end-user through a web-server when most people can pick off the docs via the online extjs.com link? can throw up a web-server for the docs (if necessary) but i liked with Ext 1 that info was accessible offline. nice for us that have active X disabled for security reasons at work. (note: this isn't criticism just trying to understand why disabled active X causes a declaration error in ext-all.js/ext-all-debug.js scripts)

thanks / matthew

mystix
2 Oct 2007, 12:19 AM
alright....

mystix, didn't realize that the docs require XHR calls. thought everything worked off of relative paths to pull data (not XHR for retrival of content). just to double check since the error seemed like a declaration problem.

why deliver the docs offline to be published by the end-user through a web-server when most people can pick off the docs via the online extjs.com link? can throw up a web-server for the docs (if necessary) but i liked with Ext 1 that info was accessible offline. nice for us that have active X disabled for security reasons at work. (note: this isn't criticism just trying to understand why disabled active X causes a declaration error in ext-all.js/ext-all-debug.js scripts)

thanks / matthew

there's actually a patch contributed by @hendricd which allows you to run Ext XHR without the need for a webserver.

young_matthewd
2 Oct 2007, 2:31 AM
perfect. works great / matthew

lvanderree
2 Oct 2007, 4:49 AM
CollapseMode isn't mentioned in the docs, with its possible values, like: mini.

Greenosity
2 Oct 2007, 6:11 AM
The 2.0 TreePanel appears to use the 'el' option which doesn't exist in the documentation.

Also, what is the difference between 'applyTo' and 'renderTo' and how are they different from the 'el' option? I tried both of these and received errors.

Additional Tree-related issues: (these are from an Ext newbie trying to learn this stuff)
1. There's no description at all for the TreeNode and AsyncTreeNode (same in version 1.x docs). Describe the use and difference between the two. Please don't leave it to the user to figure it out for themselves.
2. The description of AsynchTreeLoader.loader says that it 'defaults to the loader defined on the tree'. How do you define a loader for the tree? There's no options, properties, or methods of a Tree to do that.
3. If you can create a checkbox for a tree node, how can you assign a value to that checkbox?

lvanderree
2 Oct 2007, 10:35 AM
The docs about the TabPanel contain no info about the method setActiveTab()

J.C. Bize
2 Oct 2007, 1:42 PM
TabPanel documentation (http://extjs.com/deploy/ext-2.0-alpha1/docs/?class=Ext.TabPanel):

- autoLoad: "If autoLoad is not null, the panel will attempt to laod its contents immediately upon render."

- keys: "A KeyMap config object (in the format expected by in the format expected by {@link Ext.KeyMap#addBinding) used to assign custom key handling..."

- shadow: "[...] Note that this option opnly applies when floating = true."

Cheers,
JC

steve.neill
3 Oct 2007, 7:49 AM
"collapsed" property documentation appears to be missing.

mystix
3 Oct 2007, 8:00 AM

of which class?

steve.neill
3 Oct 2007, 11:41 AM
sorry... border layout panels.

treffer
3 Oct 2007, 1:53 PM
The online version of ext2.0a1 does not have a src/ folder. All links to the source code are redirected to the front page.

Reproduce:
open FormLayout (http://extjs.com/deploy/ext-2.0-alpha1/docs/?class=Ext.layout.FormLayout) and clicking on FormLayout.js (http://extjs.com/deploy/ext-2.0-alpha1/src/FormLayout.js)

Here is the exact server response:

treffer@rtlaptop:~$ nc extjs.com 80
GET /deploy/ext-2.0-alpha1/src/FormLayout.js HTTP/1.0
Host: extjs.com

HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found
Normal pages (e.g. /deploy/ext-2.0-alpha1/docs) result in "HTTP/1.0 200 OK"

aparajita
3 Oct 2007, 2:37 PM
Link: http://extjs.com/deploy/ext-2.0-alpha1/docs/?class=Ext.util.MixedCollection (http://extjs.com/forum/../deploy/ext-2.0-alpha1/docs/?class=Ext.util.MixedCollection&member=MixedCollection)

The documentation for both the constructor and getKey() should point out that the default getKey function is:

function(o) {
return o.id;
}

willydee
3 Oct 2007, 4:05 PM
The online version of ext2.0a1 does not have a src/ folder. All links to the source code are redirected to the front page.

Same applies to the local Ext 2.0a1 installation. Clicking a link targeting Ext source code leads to a four-oh-four, since the folder "src" only exists in SVN, not in the build.

Besides that, I like the new doc interface very much!

aparajita
3 Oct 2007, 4:59 PM
Ext.util.Observable.addListener
Link: http://extjs.com/deploy/ext-2.0-alpha1/docs/?class=Ext.util.Observable&member=addListener

The description of the delay parameter of the options object has a typo:

delay {Number} The number of milliseconds to delay the invocation of the handler after te event fires.At the end an "h" is missing in the word "te".

dhurlburtusa
3 Oct 2007, 8:17 PM

Maybe these are intended to be private methods and shorthands although registerType seems essential to adding new components and user extensions.

treffer
4 Oct 2007, 2:36 AM
Same applies to the local Ext 2.0a1 installation. Clicking a link targeting Ext source code leads to a four-oh-four, since the folder "src" only exists in SVN, not in the build.
Ok, but we have a source/ folder, right? I used the following script (fixdoc.sh)
#!/bin/bash
filename=`grep 'Defined In:.*<a.*href="\.\./src/' "${1}"|sed 's:.*href="\.\./src/\([^"]*\).*:\1:'`
form=`echo ${1}|grep '\.form\.'|sed 's:.*form.*:form:'`
if [ "x${filename}" == "x" ]; then
echo "${1} No reference to ../src"
exit
fi
echo "${1} Fix reference to ${filename}"
file=`find source -regex ".*${form}.*/${filename}"|grep -v 'source/legacy'|head -n1`
if [ "x${file}" == "x" ]; then
file=`find source -regex ".*${form}.*/${filename}"|head -n1`
fi
if [ "x${file}" == "x" ]; then
echo "${1} No valid fix found"
else
echo "${1} substitution with ${file}, running sed"
sed -i "s:href=\"\.\./src/${filename}\":href=\"../${file}\":" ${1}
echo "${1} fixed"
fi And ran it with
find docs/output/ -type f -exec ./fixdoc.sh '{}' ';' and it seems to work. It substitutes all ../src/ references with the equvilant in ../source. No need for the "src" folder. Worked with my local apache server. The code should work on the extjs redhat/apache server, too...

BTW: The local doc's don't work without a webserver, at least for me. I've tried FF-2.0.0.7 and Opera 9.23.

mystix
4 Oct 2007, 2:44 AM
BTW: The local doc's don't work without a webserver, at least for me. I've tried FF-2.0.0.7 and Opera 9.23.

pls refer to 68401 (and its related post) above.

steve.neill
4 Oct 2007, 12:53 PM
In Panel docs...

autoLoad : Object/String/Function
A valid url spec according to the Updater Ext.Updater.update method. If autoLoad is not null, the panel will attempt to laod its contents immediately upon render.

christocracy
4 Oct 2007, 3:25 PM
The docs say:

header : Boolean
True to create the header element explicitly, false to skip creating it. By default, when header is not specified, if...
True to create the header element explicitly, false to skip creating it. By default, when header is not specified, if a title is set the header will be created automatically, otherwise it will not. If a title is set but header is explicitly set to false, the header will not be rendered.

* closable overrides header: false.
* to hide header, one must set closable to false.

PFM
5 Oct 2007, 6:54 AM
When clicking to view the source of any *.js file (Defined In link), I am always taken to the extJs home page instead of the JS source code.

aparajita
5 Oct 2007, 8:50 AM
FireFox 2.0.0.7
Mac OS X 10.4

Link: http://extjs.com/deploy/ext-2.0-alpha1/docs/?class=Ext.KeyMap&member=addBinding

Clicking on the row expander for Ext.KeyMap.addBinding causes all of the row expanders in the methods section to disappear.

mystix
5 Oct 2007, 9:40 AM
2.0 alpha 1 docs - http://extjs.com/deploy/ext-2.0-alpha1/docs/?class=Ext.TabPanel
TabPanel does not list its own members.
ie click on the "hide inherited members" and the only one that shows up is the constructor.

added to the list under Class Ext.TabPanel.

In form.Action.load:

Huh?

Maybe:

"A response packet must contain a boolean success property, and if successful also a non-null data property used to fill fields via the Ext.form.Field.setValue method."

already updated in SVN. not added to the list.

Hi,

The PropertyGrid has no documentation - although you may not have got to it yet if you are still working on docs.

Thanks,

Dan

already updated in SVN. not added to the list.

Though you guys probably know, the /tips directory is missing from the documentation.
added to the list under Ext.Tip/ToolTip/QuickTip/QuickTips.

In extjs2.0 the grid autoSizeColumns property has been removed.

An explanation in the introduction of the grid, about using the view for this (instead) would be in place I think.

An example:
this.grid = new Ext.grid.EditorGridPanel({
ds: this.ds,
cm: this.cm,
view: new Ext.grid.GridView({
forceFit: true,
autoFill: true
}),

not added to the list. this and other similar issues should be covered in the planned Ext 1.1.1-to-2.0 migration guide which is slated for release soon.

Besides autoSizeColumns is still mentioned in: http://extjs.com/deploy/ext-2.0-alph...dPanel-configs (http://extjs.com/forum/../deploy/ext-2.0-alpha1/docs/#Ext.grid.GridPanel-configs)

at maxRowsToMeasure : Boolean
If autoSizeColumns is on, maxRowsToMeasure can be used to limit the number of rows measured to get a columns size - defaults to 0 (all rows).

added to the list under Class Ext.grid.GridPanel.

The documentation about the PagingToolbar misses the config option store, which is pretty important... And the text below the config option displayMsg is incorrect.
added to the list under Class Ext.PagingToolbar.

CollapseMode isn't mentioned in the docs, with its possible values, like: mini.
i've searched the source, and collapseMode isn't referred to throughout the whole of Ext.Panel.
it's a config option used by both Ext.layout.BorderLayout.Region and Ext.layout.BorderLayout.SplitRegion, and has already been documented in both classes.
this bug report will thus not be added to the list.

The 2.0 TreePanel appears to use the 'el' option which doesn't exist in the documentation.
the 'el' option / attribute holds the TreePanel's underlying container Element, and is, i believe, meant to be private.
this explains the existence of a public getEl() method allowing you to get at the underlying 'el' option / attribute.
this bug report will thus not be added to the list.

Also, what is the difference between 'applyTo' and 'renderTo' and how are they different from the 'el' option? I tried both of these and received errors.

added to the list under Class Ext.tree.TreePanel.

Additional Tree-related issues: (these are from an Ext newbie trying to learn this stuff)
1. There's no description at all for the TreeNode and AsyncTreeNode (same in version 1.x docs). Describe the use and difference between the two. Please don't leave it to the user to figure it out for themselves.
2. The description of AsynchTreeLoader.loader says that it 'defaults to the loader defined on the tree'. How do you define a loader for the tree? There's no options, properties, or methods of a Tree to do that.
3. If you can create a checkbox for a tree node, how can you assign a value to that checkbox?

added to the list under the Misc/Request section.

The docs about the TabPanel contain no info about the method setActiveTab()

TabPanel documentation (http://extjs.com/deploy/ext-2.0-alpha1/docs/?class=Ext.TabPanel):

- autoLoad: "If autoLoad is not null, the panel will attempt to laod its contents immediately upon render."

- keys: "A KeyMap config object (in the format expected by in the format expected by {@link Ext.KeyMap#addBinding) used to assign custom key handling..."

- shadow: "[...] Note that this option opnly applies when floating = true."

Cheers,
JC

these typos originate from Ext.Panel, the superclass of Ext.TabPanel.
i've added them to the list under Class Ext.Panel.

sorry... border layout panels.
the config collapsed belongs to the Ext.Panels being added to the Ext.layout.BorderLayout, and this is already documented.
there is no accessible 'collapsed' property for Ext.layout.BorderLayout.
not added to the list.

Reproduce:
open FormLayout (http://extjs.com/deploy/ext-2.0-alpha1/docs/?class=Ext.layout.FormLayout) and clicking on FormLayout.js (http://extjs.com/deploy/ext-2.0-alpha1/src/FormLayout.js)

Here is the exact server response:

treffer@rtlaptop:~$ nc extjs.com 80
GET /deploy/ext-2.0-alpha1/src/FormLayout.js HTTP/1.0
Host: extjs.com

HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found
Normal pages (e.g. /deploy/ext-2.0-alpha1/docs) result in "HTTP/1.0 200 OK"

added to the top of the list.

identical to the issue mentioned in @treffer's post above. already added to the top of list.

Ext.util.Observable.addListener
Link: http://extjs.com/deploy/ext-2.0-alpha1/docs/?class=Ext.util.Observable&member=addListener

The description of the delay parameter of the options object has a typo:

At the end an "h" is missing in the word "te".

added to the list under Class Ext.util.Observable.

added to the list under the Misc/Requests section.

In Panel docs...

autoLoad : Object/String/Function
A valid url spec according to the Updater Ext.Updater.update method. If autoLoad is not null, the panel will attempt to laod its contents immediately upon render.

identical to the issue mentioned in @J.C's earlier post. already added to the list under Class Ext.Panel.

When clicking to view the source of any *.js file (Defined In link), I am always taken to the extJs home page instead of the JS source code.
identical to the issue mentioned in @treffer's & @willydee's posts above. already added to the top of the list.

mystix
5 Oct 2007, 9:48 AM
FireFox 2.0.0.7
Mac OS X 10.4

could you post a screencast displaying this problem (see this thread for some suggested software)?
or get another OSX+FF2.0.07 user to confirm this?

aparajita
6 Oct 2007, 6:35 AM
Before and after screenshots are attached along with the Layout of the td in FireBug. I can confirm the same problem with Safari, although the expander cells do not collapse completely.

BTW, the same problem happens with Ext.form.BasicForm.addBinding.

mscdex
7 Oct 2007, 3:33 PM
The doc for the GridPanel's 'cm' config says it accepts a type of 'Store' instead of 'ColumnModel'.

tjcrowder
8 Oct 2007, 5:17 AM
(I assume each report should be done separately, rather than a list in a single post.)

The documentation for Ext.form.FormPanel is missing the getForm method.

tjcrowder
8 Oct 2007, 5:21 AM
Ext.form.FormPanel's documentation should discuss the 'items' config option as it relates to FormPanel (see this thread (http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14562)). It's currently inheriting the Component documentation, which doesn't help you figure out what it's going to do with the configs and specifically how it's going to map configs to classes.

tjcrowder
8 Oct 2007, 5:25 AM
In the summary for Ext.form.FormPanel, I recommend adding a link to Ext.form.Action.Submit so users can readily see the format for the JSON return data for the response to the default form submission feature (which is really cool).

tjcrowder
8 Oct 2007, 5:29 AM
The summary for Ext.form.Action.Submit ends with:

A response packet must contain a boolean errors property. The , portOfLoading: "This field must not be null" } }

Other data may be placed into the response for processing the the {Ext.form.BasicForm}'s callback or event handler methods.

Looks like it could be an issue related to embedded HTML or something.

mystix
8 Oct 2007, 5:48 AM
(I assume each report should be done separately, rather than a list in a single post.)

it's ok to combine multiple reports into a single post as long as your references are clear. ;)

tjcrowder
8 Oct 2007, 5:54 AM
WRT the issue already listed in the main post about Ext.reg not being documented (original post (http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?p=69490#post69490)), it's used in the examples (examples/layout/portal.js). Recommend either documenting it or using the longhand version in examples. ExtJS is way out in front of other frameworks in terms of the examples provided, this is merely a nit being picked.

tjcrowder
8 Oct 2007, 5:57 AM
it's ok to combine multiple reports into a single post as long as your references are clear. ;)

Ah, okay, thanks. I was thinking in terms of marking the subject lines "solved" or something, but of course we're using strikeout and your main list for that, aren't we?

Sorry for the pepper-posting. :-)

mystix
8 Oct 2007, 6:42 AM
Sorry for the pepper-posting. :-)

*sneeze* ~o)

tjcrowder
8 Oct 2007, 7:35 AM
There are some properties and other things used in the Portal layout example (examples/layout/portal.js) that aren't documented in the API documentation (or in many cases the code):

1. Panel.body property. Looking at Panel.js, there's an accessor method for it called getLayoutTarget, but that's got a comment above it saying it's private. It's documented now in beta1.

2. ddScrollConfig (both it and its members). Seems to be used by the ScrollManager for this and that, recommend adding it either in the ScrollManager summary or to the description of the register method (or both).

3. Panel.bwrap property.

tof
8 Oct 2007, 8:08 AM
Property "bodyStyle" of Ext.Panel is defined as "boolean" in documentation, should be a "String".

J.C. Bize
8 Oct 2007, 4:27 PM
DisplayField : String

The underlying data field name to bind to this CombBox (defaults to undefined if mode = 'remote' or 'text' if mode = 'local')

Cheers,
JC

tof
9 Oct 2007, 3:47 AM
There are no documented events in Ext.Resizable

mscdex
10 Oct 2007, 2:55 PM
In the description of the "autoLoad" property for Panel, it says:

Jim McCabe
11 Oct 2007, 9:58 AM
In the configuration options for Ext.grid.GroupingView, there is no mention of the showGroupName property. This is a very useful property and I found it in the source, the docs should reflect this too.

showGroupName:false turns off the prepending of the group column name in the groups.

So for example if you have a grid showing email messages, and you group by thread subject, by default (showGroupName:true) the group names will all start with "Thread:" or whatever your column name is.

If you set showGroupName:false, it will only show the actual grouping value unadorned.

- Jim

punkrider
11 Oct 2007, 10:03 AM
requestMethod should be documented in the config section of the Ext.tree.TreeLoader class.

Values include 'POST' or 'GET'
Form submission method to be passed to the Ajax constructor.

Defaults to 'POST'

balou
11 Oct 2007, 11:07 PM
The documentation does not open locally with the message

this.el has no properties
[Break on this error] Ext.Component=function(B){B=B||{};if(B.initialConfig){if(B.isAction){this.baseAc...
ext-all.js (line 58)

brian.moeskau
11 Oct 2007, 11:11 PM
The 2.0 doc center must be run from a web server, e.g., http://localhost/...

mystix
11 Oct 2007, 11:28 PM
The documentation does not open locally with the message

this.el has no properties
[Break on this error] Ext.Component=function(B){B=B||{};if(B.initialConfig){if(B.isAction){this.baseAc...
ext-all.js (line 58)

@balou, this was brought up earlier in this thread by @young_matthewd here, and an explanation posted here, with a workaround posted here.

not added to the list.

patspam
12 Oct 2007, 12:14 AM
There are 3 references to the now non-existent Ext.form.Form in /branches/ext2.0/src/widgets/form/Action.js:

Action.js line 55
Action.js line 66
Action.js line 76

neshaug
12 Oct 2007, 1:05 PM
It seems like there is alot more config options for components than I can find in the Ext 2.0 docs. I can find many examples that uses: region, minSize, split, margins, el and contentEl. I think I have seen more too, and the advice I get if it's used in an example I should to, but it would be nice to know what these options do.. I've searched the forums and I can't find any relevant posts about it, but I've just started with Ext so I am sorry if this is something obvious I just don't get..

mikegiddens
12 Oct 2007, 1:19 PM
"shim" has a misspelling "opnly" -> "only"

NBRed5
16 Oct 2007, 5:30 AM
The docs for the TabPanel contain config items that do not apply to a tab panel

header
headerAsText
titleUsing any of these config items will have no effect as the TabPanel does not show a header and should be removed from the docs to avoid confusion.

tof
16 Oct 2007, 7:00 AM
In Ext.Toolbar, the "maybeArray" is badly truncated :

insertButton( Number index, Object/Ext.Toolbar.Item/Ext.Toolbar.Button (may ) : Ext.Toolbar.Button/Item
Inserts any Ext.Toolbar.Item/Ext.Toolbar.Button at the specified index.
Parameters:

* index : Number
The index where the item is to be inserted
* (may : Object/Ext.Toolbar.Item/Ext.Toolbar.Button
be Array)} item The button, or button config object to be inserted.

aconran
17 Oct 2007, 5:27 AM
The listeners configuration option is missing from Ext.util.Observable.

Aaron

tjcrowder
18 Oct 2007, 5:14 AM

[...1 removed, it's fixed in beta1...]

3. Panel.bwrap property.

With the exception of the redacted item above (which is now documented), none of these seems to be documented in beta1 but they're not addressed in this thread, either (e.g., listed in the lists of bugs or recommendations at the beginning, or rejected via a reply). Naturally everyone's very busy trying to get things out; have these reports been overlooked?

mystix
18 Oct 2007, 5:18 AM
Naturally everyone's very busy trying to get things out; have these reports been overlooked?

don't worry, they haven't been overlooked. :)
i just haven't had the time to verify + consolidate all the newly-reported items since my last post. :((

just keep those reports coming though. i'll probably get some time to consolidate the new items this weekend.

jerrybrown5
18 Oct 2007, 6:42 PM
Ext.data.Field is very important but it is not in the documentation.

I had to create my own notes on name, mapping, convert because none existed. Also, mapping and convert are not that useful on Array based stores since it requires you to put the field index (as opposed to the field name) in the mapping value. (Since convert uses the mapping value, it becomes equally underused. )

tjcrowder
19 Oct 2007, 1:20 AM
i just haven't had the time to verify + consolidate all the newly-reported items since my last post. :((

Thanks, sorry for the re-post, I saw that the list had been updated since those reports so I thought I should check. Engage patience mode! :)

tjcrowder
19 Oct 2007, 1:47 AM
The summary for BasicForm talks about overriding the onSubmit method if you want to do a "normal" form submission, but the onSubmit method isn't documented and is marked "private" in the source.

tjcrowder
19 Oct 2007, 1:50 AM

...rather than an actual link to the item listed. And yet in other places, the links work fine. I don't recall this from the alpha1 docs, but it's all over the beta1 docs. The Panel.header and Panel.footer properties are examples, but again, it's a general thing.

BTW, you're doing great work on the docs, folks. Substantial improvements between alpha1 and beta1, really obvious progress.

para
19 Oct 2007, 12:13 PM
The showGroupName config option of GroupingView is incorrectly documented in the code and does not appear in the documentation.

GroupingView.js - line 54

/**
* @cfg {Boolean} hideGroupedColumn True to hide the column that is currently grouped
*/
showGroupName:true,

should read

/**
* @cfg {Boolean} showGroupName True to show the group header in the group title. (defaults to true)
*/

mystix
21 Oct 2007, 3:08 AM
Before and after screenshots are attached along with the Layout of the td in FireBug. I can confirm the same problem with Safari, although the expander cells do not collapse completely.

BTW, the same problem happens with Ext.form.BasicForm.addBinding.

added to the list under Misc/Requests.

The doc for the GridPanel's 'cm' config says it accepts a type of 'Store' instead of 'ColumnModel'.
fixed in 2.0b1a. not added to the list.

fixed in SVN. not added to the list.

The summary for Ext.form.Action.Submit ends with:

Looks like it could be an issue related to embedded HTML or something.

added to the list under Class Ext.form.Action.

WRT the issue already listed in the main post about Ext.reg not being documented (original post (http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?p=69490#post69490)), it's used in the examples (examples/layout/portal.js). Recommend either documenting it or using the longhand version in examples. ExtJS is way out in front of other frameworks in terms of the examples provided, this is merely a nit being picked.

already added to the list under Misc/Requests (Class Ext.ComponentMgr).

1. Panel.body property. Looking at Panel.js, there's an accessor method for it called getLayoutTarget, but that's got a comment above it saying it's private. It's documented now in beta1.

3. Panel.bwrap property.

added to the list under Examples.

Property "bodyStyle" of Ext.Panel is defined as "boolean" in documentation, should be a "String".
added to the list under Class Ext.Panel.

DisplayField : String

The underlying data field name to bind to this CombBox (defaults to undefined if mode = 'remote' or 'text' if mode = 'local')
[/QUOTE]
added to the list under Class Ext.form.ComboBox.

There are no documented events in Ext.Resizable
added to the list under Class Ext.Resizable.

In the description of the "autoLoad" property for Panel, it says:

fixed in 2.0b1a. not added to the list.

In the configuration options for Ext.grid.GroupingView, there is no mention of the showGroupName property. This is a very useful property and I found it in the source, the docs should reflect this too.

showGroupName:false turns off the prepending of the group column name in the groups.

So for example if you have a grid showing email messages, and you group by thread subject, by default (showGroupName:true) the group names will all start with "Thread:" or whatever your column name is.

If you set showGroupName:false, it will only show the actual grouping value unadorned.

- Jim

added to the list under Class Ext.grid.GroupingView.

requestMethod should be documented in the config section of the Ext.tree.TreeLoader class.

Values include 'POST' or 'GET'
Form submission method to be passed to the Ajax constructor.

Defaults to 'POST'

added to the list under Tree.tree.TreeLoader.

There are 3 references to the now non-existent Ext.form.Form in /branches/ext2.0/src/widgets/form/Action.js:

Action.js line 55
Action.js line 66
Action.js line 76

added to the list under Class Ext.form.Action.

"shim" has a misspelling "opnly" -> "only"

The docs for the TabPanel contain config items that do not apply to a tab panel

header
headerAsText
titleUsing any of these config items will have no effect as the TabPanel does not show a header and should be removed from the docs to avoid confusion.

In Ext.Toolbar, the "maybeArray" is badly truncated :

insertButton( Number index, Object/Ext.Toolbar.Item/Ext.Toolbar.Button (may ) : Ext.Toolbar.Button/Item
Parameters:

* index : Number
The index where the item is to be inserted
* (may : Object/Ext.Toolbar.Item/Ext.Toolbar.Button
be Array)} item The button, or button config object to be inserted.

added to the list under Class Ext.Toolbar.

The listeners configuration option is missing from Ext.util.Observable.
added to Class Ext.util.Observable.

Ext.data.Field is very important but it is not in the documentation.

I had to create my own notes on name, mapping, convert because none existed. Also, mapping and convert are not that useful on Array based stores since it requires you to put the field index (as opposed to the field name) in the mapping value. (Since convert uses the mapping value, it becomes equally underused. )

added to the list under Class Ext.data.Field.

added to the list under All Classes.

The showGroupName config option of GroupingView is incorrectly documented in the code and does not appear in the documentation.

GroupingView.js - line 54

/**
* @cfg {Boolean} hideGroupedColumn True to hide the column that is currently grouped
*/

should read

/**
* @cfg {Boolean} showGroupName True to show the group header in the group title. (defaults to true)
*/

already reported by @Jim McCabe in this post above: 72391. not added to the list.

JeffHowden
21 Oct 2007, 11:36 AM

update( Object/String/Function url, [String/Object params], [Function callback], ) : void
Performs an asynchronous request, updating this element with the response. If params are specified it uses POST, othe...
Performs an asynchronous request, updating this element with the response. If params are specified it uses POST, otherwise it uses GET.

NB: Due to the asynchronous nature of remote server requests, the returned data will not be available to the line immediately following the load() call. To process the returned data, use the callback option, or an [B]{@link #event-update update} event handler.

JeffHowden
21 Oct 2007, 11:39 AM
In JsonReader.readRecords()

Create a data block containing Ext.data.Records from an XML document.

JeffHowden
21 Oct 2007, 10:32 PM
In /data/Connection.js:

/**
* @event requestexception
* Fires if an error HTTP status was returned from the server.
* See <a href="http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec10.html>HTTP Status Code Definitions</a>
* for details of HTTP status codes.
* @param {Connection} conn This Connection object.
* @param {Object} response The XHR object containing the response data.
* See <a href="http://www.w3.org/TR/XMLHttpRequest/">The XMLHttpRequest Object</a>
* for details.
* @param {Object} options The options config object passed to the {@link #request} method.
*/

Notice that a closing quote (") is missing from the HREF attribute. This causes some very interesting issues in the docs.

SeaSharp
22 Oct 2007, 2:28 PM
A search for "inputValue" in the documentation system returns two results form.Checkbox and form.Radio. However there is no definition for the "inputValue" attribute in either case.

splintor
22 Oct 2007, 10:00 PM
[2.0b1] Here is a code snippet from GridPanel.js:

/**
* @cfg {Boolean} trackMouseOver True to highlight rows when the mouse is over. Default is false.
*/
trackMouseOver : true,

I think the problem speaks for itself...

SeaSharp
23 Oct 2007, 5:39 AM
It would be nice if the online documentation system reported its minor version number in the top of page banner. This was the reason for my doc bug report above not having a version in the title.

SeaSharp
23 Oct 2007, 5:43 AM
Someone else mentioned that getForm() is missing but the contained BasicForm seems to be available as a public property as well but this is not documented.

rednix
24 Oct 2007, 12:50 AM
In the online Ext 2.0 - API Documentation:

ComponentMgr (http://extjs.com/deploy/dev/docs/?class=Ext.ComponentMgr) > Public Methods > get

Returns:

* void
As stated in Ext (http://extjs.com/deploy/dev/docs/?class=Ext).getCmp( String id ) : Ext.Component

Shorthand for Ext.ComponentMgr.get
the get method of ComponentMgr (http://extjs.com/deploy/dev/docs/?class=Ext.ComponentMgr) doesn't return void but Ext.Component!

mystix
24 Oct 2007, 1:03 AM

update( Object/String/Function url, [String/Object params], [Function callback], ) : void

added to the list under Class Ext.Updater.

In JsonReader.readRecords()
added to the list under Class Ext.data.JsonReader.

In /data/Connection.js:
Notice that a closing quote (") is missing from the HREF attribute. This causes some very interesting issues in the docs.

added to the list under Class Ext.data.Connection.

A search for "inputValue" in the documentation system returns two results form.Checkbox and form.Radio. However there is no definition for the "inputValue" attribute in either case.

added to the list under Class Ext.form.CheckBox and Class Ext.form.Radio.

[2.0b1] Here is a code snippet from GridPanel.js:

/**
* @cfg {Boolean} trackMouseOver True to highlight rows when the mouse is over. Default is false.
*/
trackMouseOver : true,

I think the problem speaks for itself...

added to the list under Class Ext.gid.GridPanel.

In the online Ext 2.0 - API Documentation:

ComponentMgr (http://extjs.com/deploy/dev/docs/?class=Ext.ComponentMgr) > Public Methods > get

Returns:

* void
As stated in Ext (http://extjs.com/deploy/dev/docs/?class=Ext).getCmp( String id ) : Ext.Component

Shorthand for Ext.ComponentMgr.get
the get method of ComponentMgr (http://extjs.com/deploy/dev/docs/?class=Ext.ComponentMgr) doesn't return void but Ext.Component!

added to the list under Class Ext.ComponentMgr.

Someone else mentioned that getForm() is missing but the contained BasicForm seems to be available as a public property as well but this is not documented.

Ext.form.FormPanel's getForm method is already documented in SVN.
since the method getForm is a public accessor, i would think that the form property is a private one.
nevertheless, i've added this (i.e. the missing form property) to the list under Class Ext.form.FormPanel just in case.

rednix
24 Oct 2007, 5:59 AM
Just another minor online Ext 2.0 Documentation bug:

The type of the config parameter bodyStyle (http://extjs.com/deploy/dev/docs/?class=Ext.Panel&member=bodyStyle) of the Ext.Panel (http://extjs.com/deploy/dev/docs/?class=Ext.Panel) class is described as Boolean. That's not correct because this config parameter accepts the same format as Ext.Element.applyStyles (http://extjs.com/deploy/dev/docs/output/Ext.Element.html#applyStyles) - and that's String/Object/Function.

mystix
24 Oct 2007, 6:25 AM
Just another minor online Ext 2.0 Documentation bug:

The type of the config parameter bodyStyle (http://extjs.com/deploy/dev/docs/?class=Ext.Panel&member=bodyStyle) of the Ext.Panel (http://extjs.com/deploy/dev/docs/?class=Ext.Panel) class is described as Boolean. That's not correct because this config parameter accepts the same format as Ext.Element.applyStyles (http://extjs.com/deploy/dev/docs/output/Ext.Element.html#applyStyles) - and that's String/Object/Function.

para
25 Oct 2007, 5:40 AM
Ext.tree.TreePanel
loader : Boolean
A TreeLoader for use with this TreePanel

mystix
25 Oct 2007, 6:26 AM
Ext.tree.TreePanel
loader : Boolean
A TreeLoader for use with this TreePanel

the current 2.0 docs are already showing "loader: Ext.tree.TreeLoader", and the 1.1.1 docs have already been fixed in SVN.

not added to the list.

mscdex
27 Oct 2007, 3:48 PM
In the description for the "elements" config option for Ext.Panel, there is a typo in the last line: Valid values are: 'header,' 'body,' 'footer,' 'tbar' (top bar) abd 'bbar' (bottom bar) - defaults to 'body.'

mystix
27 Oct 2007, 11:25 PM
In the description for the "elements" config option for Ext.Panel, there is a typo in the last line: Valid values are: 'header,' 'body,' 'footer,' 'tbar' (top bar) abd 'bbar' (bottom bar) - defaults to 'body.'

splintor
28 Oct 2007, 12:55 AM
In the html config option of Ext.Window (http://extjs.com/deploy/dev/docs/?class=Ext.Window), DomHelper link is not resolved:

An HTML fragment, or a {@link Ext.DomHelper DomHelper} specification to use as the panel's body content (defaults to '').

BTW, the help system can be improved so it is possible to build diret links to a config option, property or method. I would think something like http://extjs.com/deploy/dev/docs/?class=Ext.Window#Ext.Window-html would work, but it doesn't. It seems to put the page in an eternal "Loading" mode.

mystix
28 Oct 2007, 7:09 AM
In the html config option of Ext.Window (http://extjs.com/deploy/dev/docs/?class=Ext.Window), DomHelper link is not resolved:

An HTML fragment, or a {@link Ext.DomHelper DomHelper} specification to use as the panel's body content (defaults to '').

jack has fixed the document parser so this problem shouldn't appear in the next revision.
not added to the list.

added to the list under the Misc/Requests section.

Animal
28 Oct 2007, 8:36 AM
On the

{@link #event-update update} event handler.

problem...

I don't think it's a parsing error, more the way jack decided to generate anchor IDs in the Ext 2 doc parser.

All anchor ids are just named after the property name.

This means that the ID of the anchor for the method update is the same as the ID for the event update.

The Ext 1 parser handled this and created "event-xxxx" as the ID for event anchors.

I PMed Jack a while ago about this, I don't know if he thinks the anchor naming scheme needs changing.

I suggest it does though because as things get more complex, there will be more collisions.

Some config properties are also class properties.

Store has a load method and a load event.

Panel has buttons as a config, and buttons as a property now.

tjcrowder
28 Oct 2007, 11:46 PM
Hi folks,

Over in this thread (http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4669) Jack said he'd added some further params suggested by papasi to the Ext.util.MixedCollection.each method, and indeed the latest source has those new params (index and length), but the docs still talk about the "first and only" parameter...

tjcrowder
29 Oct 2007, 2:31 PM
Ext.grid.ColumnModel doesn't mention the "editor" config option you need to use with Ext.grid.EditorGridPanel (it does mention getCellEditor/setCellEditor).

tjcrowder
30 Oct 2007, 1:45 AM
Hi folks,

Just as a favour for newbies, Ext.grid.ColumnModel's "renderer" config option (and "setRenderer" method) might mention that Ext.util.Format has various useful goodies...

FWIW...

rednix
30 Oct 2007, 9:01 AM
again something for the online Ext 2.0 Documentation:

Ext.grid.GroupingView.getGroupId (http://extjs.com/deploy/dev/docs/?class=Ext.grid.GroupingView&member=getGroupId)

... should return the id of the group - not void.

end-user
30 Oct 2007, 10:35 AM
Under fieldset, the bodyStyle states it's expecting a boolean instead of a an object.

Also, there are some properties of fieldset that are inherited from Panel that don't apply, but are not dropped from the docs.

tjcrowder
1 Nov 2007, 12:10 AM
Ext.data.Store's "find" method has this in the summary at the top: "Returns a new collection that has been filtered." It actually returns the index of the record, or -1 (which it correctly says later under "Return").

runnersixty
1 Nov 2007, 7:06 AM
reference to Ext.FormPanel brings to a broken link. I think it should be Ext.form.FormPanel instead.

dolittle
1 Nov 2007, 7:15 AM
I don`t know where to post this so I`m trying here.

In the panel example there is a container in the markup but the code doesn`t use it and append the panel to the body.
It could be confusing for a newbie.

http://extjs.com/deploy/dev/examples/panel/panels.html

splintor
1 Nov 2007, 10:35 AM
I don`t know where to post this so I`m trying here.

I also wanted to ask if the thread is also meant for issues in the samples, or if these should be reported elsewhere?

tryanDLS
1 Nov 2007, 10:40 AM
I also wanted to ask if the thread is also meant for issues in the samples, or if these should be reported elsewhere?

Documentation issues in the samples?

Animal
1 Nov 2007, 11:09 AM
Well, yes, it's a good point. The samples often display some information about the classes they are demonstrating, and this can become out of date, so, perhaps a general Samples Bugs thread is in order as I don't think there will be that many issues in either code or text.

tjcrowder
1 Nov 2007, 1:42 PM
The "items" config option of Ext.Toolbar isn't documented. (No, seriously.)

Animal
1 Nov 2007, 1:55 PM
It's just a synonym for the "buttons" config, but I'll add it and mention that they're both the same.

Animal
1 Nov 2007, 2:04 PM
Well actually neither of them are documented because the default config to Toolbar is just a straight Array of Button configs rather than a standard config object with name/value pairs.

This might change in future. So I'm going to hold off on doc changes. I think this class might change a little as it integrates more and becomes a Container, and the items become proper child Components.

mystix
1 Nov 2007, 7:32 PM

Well, yes, it's a good point. The samples often display some information about the classes they are demonstrating, and this can become out of date, so, perhaps a general Samples Bugs thread is in order as I don't think there will be that many issues in either code or text.

just post them in this thread ;)

you'll notice a little Samples / Examples section in the doc bug list -- that will be used to cover all reported Sample / Example bugs.

gimbles
2 Nov 2007, 1:23 PM
TabPanel

Config Option enableTabScroll: Number
Should be boolean?

mjlecomte
2 Nov 2007, 3:49 PM
Class Ext.data.Store (http://extjs.com/deploy/dev/docs/output/Ext.data.Store.html)

First few lines should be updated no?

The Store class encapsulates a client side cache of Ext.data.Record objects which provide input data for widgets such as the Ext.grid.GridPanel, or the Ext.form.ComboBox.

mjlecomte
3 Nov 2007, 12:44 PM
As far as I can tell the "el: " config doesn't appear to be defined for Ext.grid.GridPanel (http://extjs.com/deploy/dev/docs/output/Ext.grid.GridPanel.html).

tellioglu
3 Nov 2007, 1:44 PM
Hi, I think the example

trigger.applyTo('my-field');

should be changed to

trigger.applyToMarkup('my-field');

Horst

tjcrowder
4 Nov 2007, 1:03 AM
Hi folks,

Callling someElement.setLeft(someElement.getLeft()) will move the element slightly under FF and other Gecko browsers, but not under IE and several others. This is because setLeft uses different units than the units getLeft returns by default. The same is true of setTop/getTop. (See this thread (http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15846) for details.) This will not get fixed in 2.x because Jack is concerned about compatibility issues at this stage, so it really needs to be quite clearly documented, specific documentation recommendations here (http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?p=80110#post80110).

mscdex
5 Nov 2007, 3:36 PM
There is a typo in the description of Ext.Panel's setTitle method: "Sets the title text for the panel and optioanlly the icon class."

gimler
6 Nov 2007, 7:27 AM
Ext.Tree.TreePanel stateevents beforemove is now beforemovenode ;(

joeaudette
6 Nov 2007, 2:10 PM
related documentation issue:

There is no mention of the hideable property in the documentation for ColumnModel

Thanks,

Joe

splintor
7 Nov 2007, 5:03 AM
In the Complex Layout (http://extjs.com/deploy/dev/examples/layout/complex.html) sample, in the Center Panel tab, the "Toggle the west region" link does nothing.

architect
7 Nov 2007, 6:14 AM
Hello,
on the API 2.0 page, you used a component called "TwinTriggerField" for the search field. I can't find any documentation about it. Is it part of the RC1 or not?

Thanks in advance

aconran
7 Nov 2007, 6:20 AM
architect -

Yes, TwinTriggerField is part of RC1. It can be found in source/widgets/form/TriggerField.js It is not a public class to be used directly. Others can extend it to implement a field that requires 2 triggers such as the SearchField implementation. This should probably be documented.

BlackICE1979
7 Nov 2007, 1:59 PM
extraParams should be params

jan1234
7 Nov 2007, 5:53 PM
I think the explanation off the iconCls configure option of Ext.tree.TreeNode is too short.

It should describe the following:

When using the iconCls option like this in javascript:

var node = new Ext.tree.TreeNode({iconCls: 'my-icon-class'});

Define your custom icons like this in css:

.x-tree-node-collapsed .my-icon-class {
background-image: url('collapsed.gif');
}
.x-tree-node-expanded .my-icon-class {
background-image: url('expanded.gif');
}
.x-tree-node-leaf .my-icon-class {
background-image: url('leaf.gif');
}
.x-tree-node-loading .my-icon-class {
background-image: url('loading.gif');
}

mjlecomte
9 Nov 2007, 9:08 PM
General suggestion: Why not keep a reference to deprecated code in the current docs? Use a different CSS style or marker to identify outdated code. Seems like it would be helpful.

Back to the docs:

Ext.Ajax (http://extjs.com/deploy/dev/docs/output/Ext.Ajax.html)

Several properties not itemized in the docs per the example.

// Basic request
Ext.Ajax.request({
url: 'foo.php',
success: someFn,
failure: otherFn,
headers: {
'my-header': 'foo'
},
params: { foo: 'bar' }
});

// Simple ajax form submission
Ext.Ajax.request({
form: 'some-form',
params: 'foo=bar'
});

// Default headers to pass in every request
Ext.Ajax.defaultHeaders = {
'Powered-By': 'Ext'
};

// Global Ajax events can be handled on every request!
Ext.Ajax.on('beforerequest', this.showSpinner, this);

tjcrowder
10 Nov 2007, 12:42 AM
...Ext.Ajax (http://extjs.com/deploy/dev/docs/output/Ext.Ajax.html)

Several properties not itemized in the docs per the example.

// Basic request
Ext.Ajax.request({
url: 'foo.php',
success: someFn,
failure: otherFn,
headers: {
'my-header': 'foo'
},
params: { foo: 'bar' }
});

The success, failure, headers, and params options to the request method are all documented in the API docs are far as I can tell: http://extjs.com/deploy/dev/docs/?class=Ext.Ajax&member=request Am I missing the point of your post?

mjlecomte
10 Nov 2007, 3:40 AM
Woops! My mistake, should have went to bed....:">
I retract my comment.

The success, failure, headers, and params options to the request method are all documented in the API docs are far as I can tell: http://extjs.com/deploy/dev/docs/?class=Ext.Ajax&member=request Am I missing the point of your post?

Animal
10 Nov 2007, 3:55 AM
There was just a mistake in closing a <b> tag which I use to highlight property names, so it's difficult to visually seperate the options. I fixed most of these mistakes in SVN as soon as the latest RC1 docs were released.

It's not easy to get docs right when the only time you see the results of your work is the few occasions that the docs are regerenerated.

slobo
10 Nov 2007, 6:48 PM
TabPanel's tab's config options (tabTip, closable, etc) are not documented

jsakalos
11 Nov 2007, 3:26 AM
There is no documentation for Panel.draggable.

Panel.draggable can contain also drag config object; it is {Boolean/Object} type.

jsakalos
11 Nov 2007, 3:31 AM
GridPanel.ddGroup is not documented.

mjlecomte
12 Nov 2007, 4:01 AM
Something that could be clarified or added to the docs is that iconCls is user specified (http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?p=85227#post85227) (not in ext-all.css). It's something that eluded me as a noobie.

mjlecomte
13 Nov 2007, 5:05 AM
Thread (http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17936&goto=newpost)

EditorGrid is overriding trackMouseOver to false, but it's marked as private, instead of a config entry, so it's not getting doc'd correctly.

As far as I can tell docs show it as a config entry, but show it defaults to true, which is not the case.

end-user
13 Nov 2007, 12:13 PM
I keep running into issues with the fieldset vs panel components. I don't know whether it's a bug with extending the component, or an issue with documenting things, or what. For example, if you create a form with a panel item, you can set the id property in the config. But if you switch to a fieldset, the id will not be set. Also, when I create the objects, neither one seems to have the disable() method.

aconran
13 Nov 2007, 12:26 PM
end-user -

Please place this type of post in the help section for future reference as this is not a documentation issue. There was a bug in the fieldset code which did not take the id into account when generating the html. This has been resolved in SVN and you can find a workaround here (http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?p=84081)until the next release.

brian.moeskau
13 Nov 2007, 12:30 PM
end-user -

Please place this type of post in the help section for future reference as this is not a documentation issue. There was a bug in the fieldset code which did not take the id into account when generating the html. This has been resolved in SVN and you can find a workaround here (http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?p=84081)until the next release.

Technically, there was both a bug (as you mentioned regarding the id) and some doc issues. There are currently a bunch of inherited Panel members that still need to be @hidden, which is indeed a doc issue. Those should be removed in the next release.

end-user
13 Nov 2007, 12:33 PM
Fine. However, my issue is that there seem to be numerous discrepencies between the docs and the actual components. For example, if I create a fieldset (or panel) and use Ext.get() to attach to it, there is no disable() method listed for the component, dispite it being present in the docs.

brian.moeskau
13 Nov 2007, 1:15 PM
Fine. However, my issue is that there seem to be numerous discrepencies between the docs and the actual components. For example, if I create a fieldset (or panel) and use Ext.get() to attach to it, there is no disable() method listed for the component, dispite it being present in the docs.

Ext.get() returns an Ext.Element. You want Ext.getCmp() to return a Component. They are two different APIs for two different types of objects.

Jul
13 Nov 2007, 7:24 PM
Class Ext.Updater

There is something wrong with the formatting for the update method (this is different from what has already been mentioned). Look at the params option in the options object:

If tt>true any <>script> tags embedded in the response text will be extracted and executed. ....

I think it might be just an issue with the "<" brackets in the source.

Second, I think there are some options for the update method that appear to be missing. Just reviewing the example below the options, you can see discardUrl, nocache, text and scripts is missing. The indentation of the options that are present is not quite right too.

Third, there is a minor typo in the update example:

scripts: false // Save time by avoiding RexExp execution.

Fourth, take a look at the code in the Usage section at the very top of the Ext.Updater page. It has a line of code that looks like this:

mgr.update("http://myserver.com/index.php", "param1=1&param2=2");

It doesn't look like that parameter pattern is supported by the update docs. Either the example is wrong or the update method docs are missing something.

Jul
13 Nov 2007, 7:30 PM
Class Ext.Updater

The return value for the constructor is missing. There is a bullet point present but no text follows.

Jul
13 Nov 2007, 7:37 PM
Class Ext.Element

Since it's optional, can the default value for the loadScripts parameter in the update method be specified?

Jul
13 Nov 2007, 7:45 PM

99% of the request method's text is in bold. Possible missing closing bold tag?

sj137
14 Nov 2007, 8:11 AM
couldn't find any info about the grid RowExpander even with the search button

tryanDLS
14 Nov 2007, 10:04 AM
couldn't find any info about the grid RowExpander even with the search button
RowExpander is not part of the Ext API - it just a piece of sample code.

Animal
14 Nov 2007, 11:14 AM
Jul, none of the constructor documentation sections specifies a return value - check all the other constructors.

The formatting problems are fixed in SVN.

jan1234
14 Nov 2007, 5:40 PM
The default for the configuration option selModel is not Ext.grid.RowSelectionModel but: Ext.grid.CellSelectionModel

splintor
15 Nov 2007, 5:18 AM
In Element.addListener, in hte last "shorthand syntax" sample:

el.on({
'click' : this.onClick,
'mouseover' : this.onMouseOver,
'mouseout' : this.onMouseOut
scope: this
});

a comma is missing after onMouseOut.

Also, I guess both in this sample and in the previous one, apostrophe can be removed from the event names, as they are specified as object attributes and not as string parameters.

Regards,
splintor

Jul
15 Nov 2007, 11:40 PM
Jul, none of the constructor documentation sections specifies a return value - check all the other constructors.
The formatting problems are fixed in SVN.

Thanks, Animal. I didn't notice it missing from the other constructors. Oh how I wish we could build the docs directly so we could see what's actually in SVN. ;)

aconran
17 Nov 2007, 12:07 AM
Ext.data.Store's baseParams should be marked as a public property indicating that it can be changed after it has been instantiated.

sj137
19 Nov 2007, 1:54 AM
links to source code eg combo.js seem to be redirected to the homepage...

punkrider
20 Nov 2007, 10:44 AM
In Element.addListener, in hte last "shorthand syntax" sample:

el.on({
});

a comma is missing after onMouseOut.

Also, I guess both in this sample and in the previous one, apostrophe can be removed from the event names, as they are specified as object attributes and not as string parameters.

Regards,
splintor
Expanding on another doc bug note in this thread...

In the addListener examples under Element there are a bunch of commas missing after the fn declares. (this.onClick, this.onMouseOver, this.onMouseOut)

*** Current Version ***

el.on({
'click' : {
fn: this.onClick
scope: this,
delay: 100
},
'mouseover' : {
fn: this.onMouseOver
},
'mouseout' : {
fn: this.onMouseOut
}
});

Or a shorthand syntax:
Code:

el.on({
});

*** Fixed Version***

Currently:
el.on({
'click' : {
fn: this.onClick,
scope: this,
delay: 100
},
'mouseover' : {
fn: this.onMouseOver,
},
'mouseout' : {
fn: this.onMouseOut,
}
});

Or a shorthand syntax:
Code:

el.on({
'mouseout' : this.onMouseOut,
});

aconran
21 Nov 2007, 1:29 AM
Provider's documentation needs to be updated from 1.x -> 2.0.

thesilentman
23 Nov 2007, 1:55 AM
[Ext2.0][Build 1423]
tabpanel docu misses the 'closable' and 'iconCls' config options.

paradawks
24 Nov 2007, 9:20 AM
XTemplate example for {[ ]} inline code shows access to data values directly, but you actually have to use values.field. I'm guessing it's a documentation error, though I suppose it could be the implementation that's wrong. See the "company" line in the documentation example below:

var tpl = new Ext.XTemplate(
'<p>Name: {name}</p>',
'<p>Company: {[company.toUpperCase() + ', ' + title]}</p>',
'<p>Kids: ',
'<tpl for="kids">',
'<div class="{[xindex % 2 === 0 ? "even" : "odd"]}">,
'{name}',
'</div>',
'</tpl></p>'
);
tpl.overwrite(panel.body, data);

Should be:

var tpl = new Ext.XTemplate(
'<p>Name: {name}</p>',
'<p>Company: {[values.company.toUpperCase() + ', ' + values.title]}</p>',
'<p>Kids: ',
'<tpl for="kids">',
'<div class="{[xindex % 2 === 0 ? "even" : "odd"]}">,
'{name}',
'</div>',
'</tpl></p>'
);
tpl.overwrite(panel.body, data);

thesilentman
25 Nov 2007, 2:00 PM
[Build 1425] The example on JSONReader`s Metadata/Metachange is not showing up in docs. It's in the JSONReader.js file (Lines 35-80). Was this added after the latest public build with which the current docs were created?

Greets,
Frank

Hemlock
26 Nov 2007, 1:44 PM
Ext.grid.EditorGridPanel.trackMouseOver default is False, not True as the documentation states. I think it was changed to false to prevent errors in Firefox.

tryanDLS
26 Nov 2007, 2:15 PM
Ext.grid.EditorGridPanel.trackMouseOver default is False, not True as the documentation states. I think it was changed to false to prevent errors in Firefox.

This already been fixed in SVN - it's now a private property of EditorGrid set to false.

thesilentman
27 Nov 2007, 8:51 AM
WindowManager.js

Line 11:
* An object that represents a grouop of {@link Ext.Window} instances and provides z-order management

should be:
* An object that represents a group of {@link Ext.Window} instances and provides z-order management

JTM
28 Nov 2007, 11:18 AM
Not really a bug, but the docs for remoteSort aren't clear at all as to what should be returned by the server when using the remoteSort option.

tryanDLS
28 Nov 2007, 11:35 AM
WindowManager.js

Line 11:
* An object that represents a grouop of {@link Ext.Window} instances and provides z-order management

should be:
* An object that represents a group of {@link Ext.Window} instances and provides z-order management

Fixed in SVN 1431

tryanDLS
28 Nov 2007, 11:39 AM
[Build 1425] The example on JSONReader`s Metadata/Metachange is not showing up in docs. It's in the JSONReader.js file (Lines 35-80). Was this added after the latest public build with which the current docs were created?

Greets,
Frank
Looks like this was all added post RC1 - will be in the next doc gen.

berend
28 Nov 2007, 8:32 PM
FormPanel.load() specifies the function "callback", should be "success" as the proper name of the callback function.

markpele
30 Nov 2007, 5:34 AM
Under the description of add method of Ext.Panel it might be usefull to note that one should call doLayout() afterwards.

tellioglu
3 Dec 2007, 7:51 AM
I think the default format for Ext.form.TimeField is not 'm/d/y' as the documentation says but 'g:i A'.

jay@moduscreate.com
4 Dec 2007, 11:59 AM
Ext.grid.RowExpander missing

tryanDLS
5 Dec 2007, 5:37 PM
Ext.grid.RowExpander missing

The RowExpander is considered an example, not part of the API, which is why it's not included.

jay@moduscreate.com
5 Dec 2007, 6:53 PM
You're right. i'm an *****. Didnt' see: <script type="text/javascript" src="RowExpander.js"></script> heh. my apologies :)

tryanDLS
8 Dec 2007, 9:12 AM
Ext.grid.GridEditor is marked as a private class, but its use is shown in the example code for the PropertyGrid doc. Needs to doc'd as public or removed from the example code, if this is really not intended for public use.

willydee
10 Dec 2007, 1:16 AM
The problem described here (http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?p=69449#post69449) is still persisting in the 2.0 final release. Please fix this. Thanks for your work!

jasonbronson
14 Dec 2007, 7:08 AM
is it possible to print from the api doc?

jay@moduscreate.com
14 Dec 2007, 7:16 AM
hide the left pane and print :)

it would be cool to have a printer friendly version though :)

jasonbronson
14 Dec 2007, 7:28 AM
no i think it would just be easier since all they need to do is add a printer image and call the js code to collapse the left menu?

tryanDLS
14 Dec 2007, 8:48 AM
This thread is for errors/omissions in the doc. If you want to discuss additional features, please post in the Discussions forum - there is at least one thread regarding documentation.

jasonbronson
14 Dec 2007, 8:55 AM
This thread is for errors/omissions in the doc. If you want to discuss additional features, please post in the Discussions forum - there is at least one thread regarding documentation.

yup got it .... is it not an error that a user cannot print from the docs?

tryanDLS
14 Dec 2007, 9:55 AM
yup got it .... is it not an error that a user cannot print from the docs?
I suppose it could be debated, but I don't think Missing feature = bug, and as I said that's really not what this thread is about. Other than people that are actively fixing bugs in the doc, this thread doesn't get a lot of visibility, so it's not a good place for discussion.

david.james
14 Dec 2007, 11:03 AM
In the DDProxy documentation, the event handlers (such as onDragDrop) are intermingled with public properties. (Whereas in many other classes, these are separated out). Is this intentional?

mdissel
21 Dec 2007, 3:28 AM
In the tabpanel the enableTabScroll is defined as a number instead of boolean

* @cfg {Number} enableTabScroll True to enable scrolling to tabs that may be invisible due to overflowing the
* overall TabPanel width. Only available with tabs on top. (defaults to false).
*/
enableTabScroll: false,

EDIT: Fixed in SVN

steven
22 Dec 2007, 11:25 PM
Ext.form.FieldSet

checkboxToggle is defined as Boolean.
The code accepts either Boolean or an Object defining the "checkbox"

abent
24 Dec 2007, 7:18 PM
in Class Ext.grid.CellSelectionModel doc:

The object stored as the selection and returned by getSelectedCell contains the following properties:
record : Ext.data.record
The Record which provides the data for the row containing the selection

cell : Ext.data.record
But 'getSelectedCell' only return a coordinate array,

/**
* Returns the currently selected cell,.
* @return {Object} The selected cell or null if none selected.
*/
getSelectedCell : function(){
return this.selection ? this.selection.cell : null;
}
,and I can't get the selected record from CellSelectionModel except to use undocumented property-'CellSelectionModel.selection.record'.

steven
26 Dec 2007, 3:28 PM
Ext.grid.ColumnModel
getDataIndex
returns a String. Documentation says it returns a Number

JorisA
26 Dec 2007, 6:11 PM
Ext.data.Store (http://extjs.com/deploy/dev/docs/?class=Ext.data.Store).addSorted()
"(Local sort only) Inserts the passed the record in the Store at the index where it should go based on the current sort information"

second the should be removed I guess. Weird sentence anyway.

berend
28 Dec 2007, 2:28 PM
The docs for Action.failureType are weird. Contents is:

The type of failure detected. See {@link #Ext.form.Action-Action.CLIENT_INVALID CLIENT_INVALID}, {@link #Ext.form.Action-Action.SERVER_INVALID SERVER_INVALID}, {@link #Ext.form.Action-Action.CONNECT_FAILURE CONNECT_FAILURE}, {@link #Ext.form.Action-Action.LOAD_FAILURE LOAD_FAILURE}

kimu
29 Dec 2007, 7:51 AM
I see something wrong in the Ext.Viewport documentation both with Safari and FF under Max Osx.
As you can see from the attached images there is a odd "Page title" bar in the middle of the example source code.

p.s: after 2 consecutive crash I can assert that the ajax file uploader you use in this forum makes always crash Safari (running on Mac Osx).

mystix
29 Dec 2007, 9:22 PM
I see something wrong in the Ext.Viewport documentation both with Safari and FF under Max Osx.
As you can see from the attached images there is a odd "Page title" bar in the middle of the example source code.

this should be fixed in SVN -- the code for the html config between the <pre> tags had unescaped < signs.

berend
30 Dec 2007, 2:36 PM
In http://extjs.com/deploy/dev/examples/tree/column-tree.html there is no link to the not minified http://extjs.com/deploy/dev/examples/tree/column-tree.js.

jarrod
30 Dec 2007, 10:49 PM
As per title, the 'el' config option not documented for BoxComponent and Component.

Condor
31 Dec 2007, 12:06 AM
The Store loadexception event has parameters: proxy, store, response, exception

iamnoah
31 Dec 2007, 3:48 PM
Based on my own problem and the problem documented here:
http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9999

The valueField documentation should reference the hiddenName doc to avoid confusion. The common assumption appears to be that setting valueField should be sufficient by itself, which it isn't.

molasses
2 Jan 2008, 4:19 PM
The 'reader' field should not be listed in the config options for JsonStore.

As discussed here: http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21967

JsonStore should not have config options proxy and reader, but it should have config options for the JsonReader (id, root, successProperty and TotalProperty)This should be in the docs as well:

JsonStore was specifically built as a simple way to build the store without having to create a Reader. If you need that functionality, you should be using a regular Store with Reader.

Condor
3 Jan 2008, 2:08 AM
Ext.ComponentMgr.create is marked private, but it has some really useful applications (e.g. creating a layout from a config downloaded from the server).

jhurst
4 Jan 2008, 12:00 PM
In String.leftPad char defaults to the space character, not an empty string. Space is ' ', the empty string is a string of length 0, ''.

The line should read:

* @param {String} char (optional) The character with which to pad the original string (defaults to space " ")

steven
5 Jan 2008, 3:37 AM
Doc for Ext.util.Format.htmlEncode says that it converts
&, <, >, and '

The Code

htmlEncode : function(value){
return !value ? value : String(value).replace(/&/g, "&amp;").replace(/>/g, "&gt;").replace(/</g, "&lt;").replace(/"/g, "&quot;");
}

Replaces &, <, > and " (double quote not single)

aconran
8 Jan 2008, 11:07 AM
The groupRenderer config option of a column is missing. This is only a valid configuration option when using a GroupingView.

jarrod
8 Jan 2008, 11:14 PM
Ext.grid.ColumnModel's findColumnIndex() method is not documented.

Condor
11 Jan 2008, 2:44 AM
Ext.tree.TreeNode has a (readonly) property 'hidden'.

ps. It would be nice if you could also use 'hidden' as a config option. For this you only need to add the following line in the Ext.tree.TreeNode constructor:

this.hidden = attributes.hidden===true;

mdissel
11 Jan 2008, 6:26 AM
The Toolbar.Item class doesn't have a xtype property defined in the docs..

vtswingkid
11 Jan 2008, 7:29 AM
All of the links to view source code in the
/deploy/dev/docs
directory are broken.

i.e. http://extjs.com/deploy/dev/src/EventManager.js

tony_k
11 Jan 2008, 5:24 PM
Ext.grid.GroupSummary is used in the examples, mentioned on the forums, but not present in the documentation for 2.0.

mystix
12 Jan 2008, 7:03 AM
Ext.grid.GroupSummary is used in the examples, mentioned on the forums, but not present in the documentation for 2.0.

GroupSummary is a plugin demonstrating Ext's plugin architecture.

It's not part of the official distribution.

mystix
13 Jan 2008, 11:49 PM
Class Ext

Ext.extend() returns the Object representing the subclass, not void as in the docs.

Might be good to highlight the alternative Ext.extend() syntax too
e.g.

Ext.BoxComponent = Ext.extend(Ext.Component, {
});

mystix
13 Jan 2008, 11:56 PM
The Toolbar.Item class doesn't have a xtype property defined in the docs..

the following toobar item docs are missing the xtype config too:

tbfill Ext.Toolbar.Fill
tbitem Ext.Toolbar.Item
tbseparator Ext.Toolbar.Separator
tbspacer Ext.Toolbar.Spacer
tbtext Ext.Toolbar.TextItem

neshaug
14 Jan 2008, 5:27 AM
afterMethod and beforeMethod in Ext.util.Observable is not in the docs.. I feel they should be :P

creusois
15 Jan 2008, 9:59 AM
Hi,

I'm sorry if it's wrong, but I think that the highlight method in the Ext.Element Class is not defined in the EXT 2.0 API Documentation.

Maybe it's just a error.

Bye

loeppky
15 Jan 2008, 2:12 PM
The APIs say that:

Class Ext.data.ArrayReader
Extends: DataReader

Line 41 of ArrayReader.js shows: "Ext.data.ArrayReader = Ext.extend(Ext.data.JsonReader, {"

mystix
15 Jan 2008, 5:20 PM
Hi,

I'm sorry if it's wrong, but I think that the highlight method in the Ext.Element Class is not defined in the EXT 2.0 API Documentation.

Maybe it's just a error.

Bye

the highlight() method is part of Ext.Fx which every Ext.Element has access to.
it's not part of Ext.Element.

mystix
15 Jan 2008, 7:07 PM
Class Ext.Button

missing config buttonSelector
missing config formBind

saJoshua
15 Jan 2008, 9:59 PM
Go to the messagebox documentation: http://extjs.com/deploy/dev/docs/?class=Ext.MessageBox

expand the 'show' method.

all the expand / collapse handles dissapear. Only closing the tab and re-opening show them again.

sj137
17 Jan 2008, 8:24 AM
"toggleHandler" is missing from button docs

also could find any info about the "menu:[]" option in the toolbar "tbar" config...

Condor
17 Jan 2008, 10:54 PM
the 'el' config option not documented for BoxComponent and Component.

The 'autoEl' config option is also missing (can be very useful to include static markup in a layout).

Compontent.autoEl can be:
- string (create a tag in document.body with the specified name, e.g. 'span')
- Object (create a div in document.body with the specified content, see Ext.DomHelper for details)

mystix
17 Jan 2008, 11:25 PM
afterMethod and beforeMethod in Ext.util.Observable is not in the docs.. I feel they should be :P

The other 2 related experimental methods removeMethodListener and getMethodEvent are also not documented.

they're probably stable enough to be documented since they're being used in various plugins already anyway ;)

bone
22 Jan 2008, 6:15 AM
selectValue( String selector, [Node root], String defaultValue ) : void

@DomQuery

Imagine if it WAS void :o

dunno if this has been mentioned earlier

aconran
22 Jan 2008, 9:54 AM
Ext.util.TaskRunner and Ext.util.TaskMgr
Each task can have an onStop property which is a function to use as a callback after you've removed it from the TaskRunner.

steve.neill
23 Jan 2008, 4:30 PM
Can we have some docs on TwinTriggerField please?

Thanks,
Steve

saJoshua
24 Jan 2008, 11:51 AM
the selectRow of Ext.grid.RowSelectionModel has a second parameter that is optional, but the documentation doesn't specify whether keepExisting defaults to false (it does).

# keepExisting : Boolean
(optional) True to keep existing selections

Nice to have.

krystian
29 Jan 2008, 1:36 PM
Class Ext.Button
* missing config allowDepress

If allowDepress===false, then you cannot 'untoggle' button (if it's pressed, property enableToggle must be set to true). Default undefined (behaves like allowDepress==true).

saJoshua
30 Jan 2008, 2:55 AM
Ext.MenuButton:
the file is apparently being generated in Ext1.1: http://extjs.com/deploy/ext-1.1-beta1/docs/output/Ext.MenuButton.html,

It is still present in the 2.0 framework, but I don't find the same in the 2.0 documentation.

aconran
30 Jan 2008, 8:07 AM
MenuButton was deprecated in favor of SplitButton. There is still an alias present in 2.x so that you can use MenuButton but you should not.

saJoshua
30 Jan 2008, 4:12 PM
100%. duly noted.

I also noticed that the AsyncTreeNode documentation does not include the config : children.

this config item is used in the distributed documentation as follows:
(docs.js ; lines 26 - 31)

root: new Ext.tree.AsyncTreeNode({
text:'Ext JS',
id:'root',
expanded:true,
children:[Docs.classData]
}),

Thanks

Condor
30 Jan 2008, 11:39 PM
I also noticed that the AsyncTreeNode documentation does not include the config: children.

Only valid in combination with preloadChildren:true (described in TreeLoader docs).

YarivYaari
31 Jan 2008, 3:53 AM
3 of the 7 examples in the XTemplate documentation are broken. In the second and third, a > sign should be escaped (as in the fifth example).
In the sixth example there is an attempt to get the template-params in the code-fragment. The way to do this is via the 'values' object, not directly, and so it fails. so company and title should be replaced with values.company and values.title, respectively.

Enes
1 Feb 2008, 3:04 AM
"setConfig" property should be "config"

thesilentman
2 Feb 2008, 5:38 AM
[Ext.Button] Missing template in config

it's in the source but looks like JSDoc did not take it into account...
Greetings,
Frank

Condor
2 Feb 2008, 5:49 AM
The contructor of Template and XTemplate can also have multiple string, array of string and/or config object arguments.

Valid config options are:

compiled (Boolean): true to compile the template immediately (default: false)
disableFormats (Boolean): true to disable format functions in the template (default: false)
re (RegExp): The regular expression used to match template variables

erlando
4 Feb 2008, 4:04 AM
As described in this thread (http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25150) the codesnippet for custom parameters sent to TreeLoader might be erroneous.

tohagan
4 Feb 2008, 5:34 PM
The SimpleStore.expandData property is undocumented but used in
docs/resources/docs.js (149) v2.0.1
examples/tasks/classes.js (92) v2.0.1

mjlecomte
8 Feb 2008, 3:35 PM
Suggestion: API is good, but at the top where there are links for Properties, Methods, Events, etc..... add links for "FAQ" and "Example(s)". As the expression goes "a picture is worth a thousand words" I think would be appropriate with "examples are worth a thousand words".

The "FAQ" could house a lot of the questions that come up in the forums. I still like how php.net and mysql are set up where under each function users post examples, and ask questions, etc.

There's a lot of info to be found on ext through the API, examples, forums, user manual, tutorials (although pretty stale these days)....I think the API could make the cross referencing easier.

Just a suggestion....

willdudziak
12 Feb 2008, 6:12 PM
not sure if this is the forum to put this in (Admins please move if not), but in the docs, Ext.LoadMask does not list .show() or .hide()... I had to stumble on those by reading through the forums. I've noticed several things not in the api docs... it'd b nice if they were wikified.

Thanks for all the great work, and keep it up.

Will

Animal
13 Feb 2008, 12:07 AM
I just added them. And also the absolutely central store config which defines the Store to bind to. During that Store's load, the mask masks its configured Element.

Jonno70
13 Feb 2008, 7:21 AM
I've noticed that for the event resize (on BoxComponent and then on its subcomponents) has the following stub..

resize : ( Ext.Component this, Number adjWidth, Number adjHeight, Number rawWidth, Number rawHeight )

should this not be ..

resize : ( Ext.Component this, Number adjHeight, Number adjWidth, Number rawHeight, Number rawWidth)

Was most confusing when overriding this event for a component \:D/

papasi
13 Feb 2008, 8:53 PM
apparently the argument order is

rowselect : ( SelectionModel this, Record record, Number rowIndex )

instead of

rowselect : ( SelectionModel this, Number rowIndex, Record record )

thx

splintor
14 Feb 2008, 12:25 AM
In Ext.menu.Menu, the "items" config option is described to be of type "Mixed", and then described as an "array of items".
Looking in the code reveals that it is in fact a Ext.util.MixedCollection. This should be mentioned, with a link to the MixedCollection class.

In addition, in the documentation of the each() method of Ext.util.MixedCollection, the specified function is said to be called with three parameters, where the first is item of type "Mixed". This item is the collection item, and its type is simply "Object", in the same way that get(), first() and last() methods return an Object.

mystix
15 Feb 2008, 3:43 AM
Class Ext.util.Observable

missing method relayEvents

Iveco
15 Feb 2008, 4:34 AM
Class:
Ext.grid.GridView

Missing method:
getRows()

(note the plural)

Starfall
17 Feb 2008, 5:09 AM
The API docs say nothing about the arguments provided for the handler of menuItem click. I have uncovered them:

item - a clicked item
e - issued eventI suggest that information should be added to API docs.

sjivan
18 Feb 2008, 10:19 PM
FormPanel

clientvalidation : ( Form this, Boolean valid )

should be

clientvalidation : ( FormPanel this, Boolean valid )

saJoshua
19 Feb 2008, 1:43 AM
Class:
Ext

Missing method:
reg

in ext-all-debug.js:
Ext.reg = Ext.ComponentMgr.registerType;

example usage:
Ext.reg('triggerfield',Ext.form.TriggerField);

nicora
21 Feb 2008, 3:48 PM
There is currently no list of properties for the DOM Object Spec

http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?p=127133#post127133

mribbons
23 Feb 2008, 3:55 PM
The docs Ext.MessageBox.show do not state that a config.scope parameter can be defined for the callback function. Perhaps this can be amended.

ksachdeva
24 Feb 2008, 12:50 PM
Below is the documentation of doAction method of BasicForm

# success : Function

The callback that will be invoked after a successful response. Note that this is HTTP success (the transaction was sent and received correctly), but the resulting response data can still contain data errors. The function is passed the following parameters:

* form : Ext.form.BasicForm
The form that requested the action
* action : Ext.form.Action
The Action class. The result property of this object may be examined to perform custom postprocessing.

# failure : Function

The callback that will be invoked after a failed transaction attempt. Note that this is HTTP failure, which means a non-successful HTTP code was returned from the server. The function is passed the following parameters:

* form : Ext.form.BasicForm
The form that requested the action
* action : Ext.form.Action
The Action class. If an Ajax error ocurred, the failure type will be in failureType. The result property of this object may be examined to perform custom postprocessing.

###

May be my understanding is incorrect but I think document reflect that if there is a transmission error only then failure handler would be invoked.

In my case my failure handler is invoked if I return:
{'success' : false, errors : { 'myreason' : 'This is my reason'}}

-------------------

There is a problem with this documentation. I have got it verified from an Ext guru ('saki') in this thread : http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27337

saJoshua
25 Feb 2008, 2:57 AM
Class Ext,
expand the 'extend' method.

All the expand / collapse handles dissapear. Only closing the tab and re-opening show them again.
similar to http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?p=109820#post109820

brian.moeskau
25 Feb 2008, 10:10 AM
Class Ext,
expand the 'extend' method.

All the expand / collapse handles dissapear. Only closing the tab and re-opening show them again.
similar to http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?p=109820#post109820

The Ext.extend issue was because the source docs were slightly malformed. The MessageBox.show issue was simply because the docs used a PRE tag around the table of properties and if it is too wide it pushes the first column to be invisible. Both have been fixed in SVN.

luv2hike
25 Feb 2008, 12:52 PM
ComboBox is missing the public property, store. In fact, I could not find it listed in the entire hierarchy for ComboBox, so I guess it should be listed for all classes that support it.

evant
26 Feb 2008, 4:13 AM
In the component docs, it's missing the XType for describing the label.

tof
26 Feb 2008, 11:02 AM
The doc for the "prepareData" function of Ext.DataView says :

prepareData( Array/Object data ) : void

Function that can be overridden to provide custom formatting for the data that is sent to the template for each node.

Parameters:

* data : Array/Object
The raw data (array of colData for a data model bound view or a JSON object for an Updater bound view).

Returns:

* void

Actually prepareData needs to return the values, so the return is not void.

t34
26 Feb 2008, 11:12 AM
The "example usage" has that line:

icon: Ext.MessagBox.INFO

A e is missed.

thomas

yogurtearl
26 Feb 2008, 1:30 PM
The docs for EditorGridPanel inherit the documentation for the selModel config option. It says "defaults to Ext.grid.RowSelectionModel if not specified". The EditorGridPanel defaults to CellSelectionModel.

Michael

jay@moduscreate.com
26 Feb 2008, 6:49 PM
Load Mask doc does not include .show/.hide/.destroy

mystix
26 Feb 2008, 7:07 PM
Load Mask doc does not include .show/.hide/.destroy

destroy() is currently marked private.

the show() and hide() methods are already there though... :-?

http://extjs.com/deploy/dev/docs/?class=Ext.LoadMask&member=hide
http://extjs.com/deploy/dev/docs/?class=Ext.LoadMask&member=show

jay@moduscreate.com
26 Feb 2008, 8:02 PM
You're right. I didn't scroll down far enough. My apologies. :-\

jezmck
27 Feb 2008, 1:38 AM
A data object readable this object's JsonReader.
should that be "...readable by this..."?
Apologies if this has been reported, but I'm not "ctrl-f"ing the 7 pages of this thread.

gimbles
27 Feb 2008, 5:27 PM
Class Ext.tree.TreeLoader
uiProviders : Object
(optional) An object containing properties which specify custom Ext.tree.TreeNodeUI implementations. If the optional uiProvider attribute of a returned child node is a string rather than a reference to a TreeNodeUI implementation, this that string value is used as a property name in the uiProviders object.

possibly meant to write "then"

Class Ext.grid.GridPanel
disableSelection : Boolean
True to disable selections in the grid (defaults to false). - ignored a SelectionModel is specified

grammar?
ignored if SelectionModel is specified perhaps?

loeppky
28 Feb 2008, 5:31 PM
Ext.Editor class lists a config option called "autosize". When looking at the Editor source code though, this.autoSize is used. As a result, the config opton in the comments should be named "autoSize". Since this is an error in Ext.Editor, it propagates down to Ext.tree.TreeEditor. I have verified that using "autoSize" works correctly while "autosize" does not.

vilivili
29 Feb 2008, 12:50 AM
These components have doLayout() method. I can find them in API Home, but at the component's description there is nothing about it.

Ext.grid.EditorGridPanel
Ext.grid.GridPanel
Ext.grid.PropertyGrid
Ext.tree.TreePanel

Animal
4 Mar 2008, 12:47 AM
That is because they do not manage child Components. The doLayout method has been removed from the docs for those subclasses. Several other configs/methods applicable to Containers have been removed from them.

silvereen
4 Mar 2008, 4:00 AM
The documentation of the newly added Ext.form.Label is missing from the API documentation of version [2.0.2].

The documentation should include a section under form with the following:

Class Ext.form.Field
Package: Ext.form
Defined In: Label.js
Class: Label
Subclasses:
Extends: BoxComponent

Config Options:
text: The text to display inside the label
forId: The id of the element to bind the label with