PDA

View Full Version : YUI tabs - any thoughts?

donalconlon
14 Nov 2006, 11:06 AM
I see YUI's latest release has a tabs control. After a quick glance, it doesn't seem to be so much better than Jacks.
Any thoughts Jack? you going to shelf your tabcontrol, or do you think you'll continue development in light of YUIs effort?

cheers

donal

Animal
14 Nov 2006, 11:13 AM
The YUI one are pugly.

And they don't have the functionality built upon YAHOO.ext.Element.

I'm sticking with yui-ext.

I have a sinking feeling about their grid control - I suspect I'll be sticking with yui-ext there too.

I hope Jack can turn his hand to a fully DnD enabled, MVC TreeView soon!

Animal
14 Nov 2006, 11:13 AM
The YUI one are pugly.

I have a sinking feeling about their grid control - I suspect I'll be sticking with yui-ext there too.

Animal
14 Nov 2006, 11:14 AM
The YUI one are pugly.

I have a sink-ing feeling about their grid control - I suspect I'll be sticking with yui-ext there too.

jack.slocum
14 Nov 2006, 3:15 PM
They did do a couple things right. You notice they decided to an event implementation on it similar to my Observable implementation instead of their norm CustomEvent public property implementation.

I do like the side tabs and I guess now I will have to make some on the yui-ext tabs (low priority though). They waited too long to come out with the tabs and it's too late to turn back now.

Plus, their's doesn't handle tab resizing or close on tab which most of the new stuff depends on. It also doesn't handle text overflow ellipsis. By the time they come out with tabs v2.0, yui-ext will prob be on v8.0, hehe.

jack.slocum
14 Nov 2006, 3:17 PM
They did do a couple things right. You notice they decided to an event implementation on it similar to my Observable implementation instead of their norm CustomEvent public property implementation.

I do like the side tabs and I guess now I will have to make some on the yui-ext tabs (low priority though). They waited too long to come out with the tabs and it's too late to turn back now.

Plus, their's doesn't handle tab resizing or close on tab which most of the new stuff depends on. It also doesn't handle text overflow ellipsis. By the time they come out with tabs v2.0, yui-ext will prob be on v8.0, hehe.