PDA

View Full Version : Store data from Ext.Window into XML file

mrkadakia
5 Mar 2009, 2:42 PM
Hi all -
I am curious in knowing if there is a way to store data from Ext.Window into a XML file. Here is my scenario:

1) An user clicks on a link. An Ext.Window pops-up. It contains some text "Hello". Below the text, there is a small text area that says "Comments:".
2) The user enters some text "Hello World" in the Comments area. When the user submits the Comments, they should get saved in an XML file.
3) Next time, when the user clicks on the same link, the Ext.Window should pop up with the text "Hello" and also showing the text "Hello World" in the Comments area. The "Hello World" text should still be editable in case if he/she wants to change it.

Basically, I am looking for ways to write and read from a XML file in ExtJS.

Thanks

evant
5 Mar 2009, 2:48 PM
You can't do either without a some kind of server side intervention, unless you can store the XML in a cookie :)

mrkadakia
5 Mar 2009, 2:58 PM
Can I integrate ExtJS with Adobe AIR or Google Gears to achieve it?

I have seen the examples of Adobe AIR and Google Gears on the ExtJS Samples page, but I am not sure whether they are flexible enough to be customized to my mentioned goal.

Thanks.

mrkadakia
6 Mar 2009, 6:43 AM
I would appreciate if someone could reply to my questions below.

Thanks in advance.

tryanDLS
6 Mar 2009, 8:32 AM
Please stop bumping your own threads (this and others). You're not getting answers b/c a) your question is too vague and b) there aren't enough people here using AIR to answer you.

Trying posting in the forum specifically targeted to Ext and AIR.

mrkadakia
6 Mar 2009, 8:38 AM
Okay. Next time onwards, I will make my questions specific and if they include clarifications with AIR, then I will post them to its designated forum.